Happy Quiggle Day!

hrtbrk

2 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I think the Woodland is a piece of ginger!

I was just thinking that since he is frog-ish they made him warty. Now that I look again I can see the ginger. I am curious as to why they decided to hop over to a specific spice/root when the other woodland pets are very generic. 

I do LOVE me some ninja turtles!! I like how the mask gives them squinty eyes.

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I absolutely agree! I think what bothers me the most are the eyes, which are basically two hole-punched leaves... ?

It's quite unlike other Woodland Neopets. Similar type of wood as the Meerca perhaps?

1344276922_ScreenShot2018-06-14at15_40_29.png.e84a136294fbb0d9ba8ecd5bb179f4b1.png

Ginger-ness aside, what does everyone think of this Woodland Quiggle aesthetically? ?

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

omg he is Raphael from the Ninja Turtles !!

i'm freaking out right now :D:D:D

I think Quiggles are suddenly going to jump in popularity, oh, and guess what the pet is on my side account!!!  :D:D:D

10 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I do too! I think it's a really clever look!

3 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Ginger-ness aside, what does everyone think of this Woodland Quiggle aesthetically? ?

Yeah, that is a thing, isn't it. While it is very clever and I'm always SO thankful when the artists show some imagination, I'm unsure about useability.

*looks at it further*

It's not so weird-looking as to make it super difficult to customise, I don't think. It's only going to appeal to a small percentage of people, but then I'm sure that can be said about ALL the woodland pets. I guess, we shouldn't be expecting a bit of root to be pretty? lol. I worry about the knobbly bits making holes in any trousers the Quiggle wears though. xD

Having just looked at all the woodland pets . . . @Nielo could be a fun/challenging Runway round to feature them? ?

Also, there's a LOT a woodland pets that don't exist yet, isn't there. ?

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Having just looked at all the woodland pets . . . @Nielo could be a fun/challenging Runway round to feature them? ?

Also, there's a LOT a woodland pets that don't exist yet, isn't there. ?

Sounds good, I'll add it to the list. ?

While I like that they're trying different things for this colour, I can't say I'm a fan of the Woodland Quiggle. The outfit is great though.

38 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

They look a bit like extra fingers and toes to me lol

Like those lab mice that they grow ears on? :ph34r:

I'm interested to see what they do for the remaining woodland pets, as there is rather a lot of them:

• Vandagrye
  • Techo
  • Poogle
  • Ogrin
  • Moehog
  • Lutari
  • Kau
  • Jetsam
  • Hissi
  • Gnorbu
  • Chia
  • Buzz
  • Bruce

They have shown some imagination with some of the existing ones so at least some of the remaining ones should be something a bit different. The Hissi could be a vine of some kind, the kind some fur loincloth-clad hero would swing from, lol.

Poor Kougra looks like someone has taken a few chunks out of him lol

I wasn't a big fan of the colour, but it's growing on me, and I sure do appreciate the variety (unlike some cases where they just superimpose the same pattern onto pets e.g. polkadot, eventide etc.) I particularly like the Woodland Peophin. It's how I would picture the Goddess of forest, or some similar ancient deity.

I'm hoping TNT would use fall colours in some of the remaining ones.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The Hissi could be a vine of some kind, the kind some fur loincloth-clad hero would swing from, lol.

Like Tarzan? haha

10 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Poor Kougra looks like someone has taken a few chunks out of him lol

I wasn't a big fan of the colour, but it's growing on me, and I sure do appreciate the variety (unlike some cases where they just superimpose the same pattern onto pets e.g. polkadot, eventide etc.) I particularly like the Woodland Peophin. It's how I would picture the Goddess of forest, or some similar ancient deity.

I'm hoping TNT would use fall colours in some of the remaining ones.

Like Tarzan? haha

I'm very much the same with appreciating the variety even if I'd not want the pet myself. The Kougar DOES look a bit battered, doesn't it, lol, but it's definitely a look. I'm not sure what it's meant to represent, but it looks kind of cool.

I wonder if the Scorchio is meant to be Rainbow Eucalyptus, and yes, I totally meant Tarzan. ?

4.png

3 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

@jellysundae You just introduced me to my new favourite tree! Thank you! :D

You're very welcome! *doffs cap*

That's another pet that looks pretty cool, but you'd struggle to customise, isn't it. You'd need a specific look in mine to decide to go for any of the woodland pets though, I suppose.

• 2 months later...

I would not want to own this pet - not just because I don`t like Quiggles, but because it looks all gnarly and warty, and ugh. I do appreciate the variation in the Woodland colour - but does a root qualify as wood? idk..
The ninja turtle/frog is cool, though.