Wheel of Extravagance

cassandrastorm

Have you ever spun the Wheel of Extravagance? What kinds of prizes are there? Are they worth the price of spinning?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Duma).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Altador Cup to Neopets Dailies.

Sure have. A TDN article on the prizes you can "win", is located here:

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/wheels-of-neopia/

"Are they worth the price of spinning?" Well, it depends on what you get. The only reason I'm spinning it, is to get the avatar. Other than that, I haven't won much, from it.

i think it's worth it on the long run , until you get the avatar , that is ... 

you can win nerkmids and PB's .., and the cash prizes are not bad either ... 25k is better than that X 

Yeah, it really depends. I only started spinning it when Trudy's Surprise became a thing, and I frequently found myself with 100k to spend. I've gotten some Nerkmids, Lab Ray Map pieces and stat boosts, as well as the cash prizes, but nothing really spectacular, to be honest (I'd like the avatar, or a paint brush, but no luck so far). Plus, you always risk not winning anything at all.

I need to try this wheel one of these days! I've got plenty of NP, but I always feel I need to have more before I start throwing big chunks of it away on this contraption. ?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I need to try this wheel one of these days! I've got plenty of NP, but I always feel I need to have more before I start throwing big chunks of it away on this contraption. ?

Exactly this!  I feel the same way.  As soon as I get a few more NPs, I will spin it.  Then it's not enough.  lol.  I just have to bite the bullet and do it I suppose.

I think it's worth it if it's something you occasionally save for- I would never withdraw 100k from the bank to play it, but I'll save my Trudy's Surprise NP and trading post NP up until I get 100k, then play. I'm not an avatar collector and I don't play the Battledome that seriously, but I've won a few PBs worth over 100k and if I win 100,001, I deposit it all!

I'm going to go for it!  Everyone's comments have definitely talked me into it.  I have been wanting to do it for a long time but wondered if it was worth it.  I do want the avatar and hey, I definitely won't get that if I don't spin the wheel.  Right?  lol.  I will let you all know how it works out.  Look for my results on the wheels forum.?

20 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I'm going to go for it!  Everyone's comments have definitely talked me into it.  I have been wanting to do it for a long time but wondered if it was worth it.  I do want the avatar and hey, I definitely won't get that if I don't spin the wheel.  Right?  lol.  I will let you all know how it works out.  Look for my results on the wheels forum.?

So? Did ya? My current thinking seems to be "once I hit 40 mill", lol. Let's see what excuse I come up with once that milestone's reached. ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

So? Do ya? My current thinking seems to be "once I hit 40 mill", lol. Let's see what excuse I come up with once that milestone's reached. ?

Mine has graduated to "once I hit 100m" but I'm sure it's going to increase again...... :upsidedown:

On 6/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, kayahtik said:

Mine has graduated to "once I hit 100m" but I'm sure it's going to increase again...... :upsidedown:

This shows sound fiscal thinking on our parts, I believe!  Surely the fact that we're reluctant to throw away large quantities of money, even if it's not real, highlights our excellent common sense?

Please note, I'm totally glossing over any irrational impulse buys either one of us may succumb to occasionally. :ph34r:

EDIT

@kayahtik @rntracy1

Seeing as I've got 40 mill in the bank now, AND made over a million on HELT today, I took the plunge, and . . . lol ?

PROFIT!!! :lmaosmiley:

GtTH04M.jpg

FRIDAY 22nd

Lab map piece

2806.gif?577

Price History

335,000 NP (no change) on May 31, 2018

So far, NO regrets about spinning this wheel

SATURDAY 23rd

Map piece sold for 330k so 3 more spins paid for in advance!

For today -

Tatofase has increased his defense by 10, it looks like all that wheel spinning has paid off!

60 codestones-worth of training for 100k, 100k that I got for free, mind . . .  so still no complaints from me about this! :D