Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Nielo

Enter The Runway: Special Edition!

Recommended Posts

I've been told Ian has received 3 Pins from Overpowered: a Kacheek, a Shoyru and a Kougra, and we get to give them out as prizes for this very special round of The Runway! :D
So numbers 1, 2 and 3 will receive an actual prize this round! (This also means I'll make sure there won't be any ties.)

You'll have two weeks to enter, and two weeks to vote this time. The regular rules apply: you can find them right here.
(I do want to mention something that I always do, but might be more relevant now that actual prizes are at stake: due to experiences with another (similar) contest, I always check all the votes for each entry, to make sure people haven't asked their friends/family members to make accounts just to vote for them. I haven't seen it on here since I started running this contest, so I don't think it'll be an issue, but just in case: if I see a lot of accounts made in the past week(s) vote (mainly) for you, I'm going to look into it and you risk being disqualified.)

 

Special theme: Dress up Jerry the Pteri
Description: Dress up our very own mascot, Jerry the Red Pteri, to show us what he looks like doing his job. Maybe he works for the TDN news team as a reporter, maybe he's on the Battlepedia team; it's your choice. For more information on both Jerry and the jobs he could possibly be doing for TDN, check out our About page and the Now Hiring page.
Entering period: Saturday, June 16 - Friday, June 29
Voting period: Saturday, June 30 - Friday, July 13

 

Ian will be in touch with the winners to make sure they'll receive their pin. :D

If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Nielo said:

I've been told Ian has received 3 Pins from Overpowered: a Kacheek, a Shoyru and a Kougra, and we get to give them out as prizes for this very special round of The Runway! :D
So numbers 1, 2 and 3 will receive an actual prize this round! (This also means I'll make sure there won't be any ties.)

You'll have two weeks to enter, and two weeks to vote this time. The regular rules apply: you can find them right here.
(I do want to mention something that I always do, but might be more relevant now that actual prizes are at stake: due to experiences with another (similar) contest, I always check all the votes for each entry, to make sure people haven't asked their friends/family members to make accounts just to vote for them. I haven't seen it on here since I started running this contest, so I don't think it'll be an issue, but just in case: if I see a lot of accounts made in the past week(s) vote (mainly) for you, I'm going to look into it and you risk being disqualified.)

 

Special theme: Dress up Jerry the Pteri
Description: Dress up our very own mascot, Jerry the Red Pteri, to show us what he looks like doing his job. Maybe he works for the TDN news team as a reporter, maybe he's on the Battlepedia team; it's your choice. For more information on both Jerry and the jobs he could possibly be doing for TDN, check out our About page and the Now Hiring page.
Entering period: Saturday, June 16 - Friday, June 29
Voting period: Saturday, June 30 - Friday, July 13

 

Ian will be in touch with the winners to make sure they'll receive their pin. :D

If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 😉

I don't understand how this works.  I was always under the impression that we were submitting our OWN pets all dressed up.  Apparently this is not the case.  I will read the rules page, but could you explain to me exactly what it is that I am submitting.  Thanks.  Explain it to me as if I was just born, never saw a computer, and have no clue what I'm doing.  I mean, not literally THAT in depth, but pretty close.  Obviously I know how to use a computer, but I know nothing about this entry or where to get the image from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rntracy1 said:

Explain it to me as if I was just born, never saw a computer, and have no clue what I'm doing.  I mean, not literally THAT in depth, but pretty close. 

Best quote EVER!!!:lmaosmiley: Can I use this with my AP teachers at my school? Particularly the one that talked more about his wife & kids than the actual material I needed to know to pass World History? :grrr:  bori_writing.gif What do you mean there are no questions about my teacher's wife & kids on my $80 AP World History Exam? That's ALL he ever talked about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rntracy1 said:

I don't understand how this works.  I was always under the impression that we were submitting our OWN pets all dressed up.  Apparently this is not the case.  I will read the rules page, but could you explain to me exactly what it is that I am submitting.  Thanks.  Explain it to me as if I was just born, never saw a computer, and have no clue what I'm doing.  I mean, not literally THAT in depth, but pretty close.  Obviously I know how to use a computer, but I know nothing about this entry or where to get the image from.

I think the rules page will probably explain pretty much the same things that I'm about to mention, but I'll explain it to you in my own words (instead of deboratibi's 😉 ) as well:

- You're not submitting your own pet. You can go to https://impress.openneo.net/ and choose the colour and species of the pet you want to customise. (You can, in certain cases, decide to customise your own pet by typing its name into box in the middle of the page, but for this particular round that would only work if your pet is a Red Pteri, as this is one of the requirements for this round.)

- Once you've chosen, in this case, the colour Red and the species Pteri, you can customise that pet with any item that ever existed on Neopets (and fits that colour & species). Once you've done that, you can click on the 'Sharing' tab on the right side of the screen and send me the 'Outfit page' link (which will link to the animated version of the custom you just made, and which is always posted underneath the images in the 'Runway Votes' threads) and the 'Medium' link, which is a medium-sized screenshot of the custom you just made. (If, however, you think the screenshot doesn't do your custom justice, you can always send me a screenshot instead, or ask me to make a screenshot of it for you. As long as I have the Outfit page link, that's no problem at all for me.)

- Add a title and, if you a wish, story for the character to that message to me, and you're done. 🙂

- Just make sure to follow the requirements for the round, so in this case, it needs to be a Red Pteri, dressed up doing any job for TDN.

Let me know if anything is still unclear. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think the rules page will probably explain pretty much the same things that I'm about to mention, but I'll explain it to you in my own words (instead of deboratibi's 😉 ) as well:

- You're not submitting your own pet. You can go to https://impress.openneo.net/ and choose the colour and species of the pet you want to customise. (You can, in certain cases, decide to customise your own pet by typing its name into box in the middle of the page, but for this particular round that would only work if your pet is a Red Pteri, as this is one of the requirements for this round.)

- Once you've chosen, in this case, the colour Red and the species Pteri, you can customise that pet with any item that ever existed on Neopets (and fits that colour & species). Once you've done that, you can click on the 'Sharing' tab on the right side of the screen and send me the 'Outfit page' link (which will link to the animated version of the custom you just made, and which is always posted underneath the images in the 'Runway Votes' threads) and the 'Medium' link, which is a medium-sized screenshot of the custom you just made. (If, however, you think the screenshot doesn't do your custom justice, you can always send me a screenshot instead, or ask me to make a screenshot of it for you. As long as I have the Outfit page link, that's no problem at all for me.)

- Add a title and, if you a wish, story for the character to that message to me, and you're done. 🙂

- Just make sure to follow the requirements for the round, so in this case, it needs to be a Red Pteri, dressed up doing any job for TDN.

Let me know if anything is still unclear. 🙂

Nope that pretty much explains it.  As if I just fell off the turnip truck.  Thanks. 👍🚚

3 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Best quote EVER!!!:lmaosmiley: Can I use this with my AP teachers at my school? Particularly the one that talked more about his wife & kids than the actual material I needed to know to pass World History? :grrr:  bori_writing.gif What do you mean there are no questions about my teacher's wife & kids on my $80 AP World History Exam? That's ALL he ever talked about!

Absolutely! You totally have my permission.  "Mr. Teacher, explain to me, like I was just born yesterday, exactly which question on this exam is the one about the stuff you've been talking about all year?  I know everything about your wife. 😉"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×