Totally pwning those Faerie and Darigan Yooyus!

Yes indeedy, I think I've found a strategy!

? ?

I go to the top corner above the goal then run down in front of it, and fling the Yooyu as I go past. No aiming, because we all know that's a total waste of time. :laugh:

I play from my left to right ------> ; so the goal's to the player's left as they run down past it.

I decided to try this after watching how the Yooyu behaved and realising it seemed to go off at 90 degrees to the player's left a LOT of the time, so why not try to use that to my advantage? and it certainly seems to be working so far!

I tried the same method with the Faerie Yooyu because, why not? lol, I struggle with those just as much as I do the Darigan ones and I've managed to score quickly with those too doing this. :happydance:

I always use the 'running past the goal' method as well for the Darigan Yooyu. It can still take a long time, but at least it'll go in eventually.

For the Faerie Yooyu, I just run straight up to the goal, stand right in front of it, as close as possible, and throw it really hard. Doesn't give me much trouble that way, as there's not enough room for it to curve and miss the goal.

37 minutes ago, Nielo said:

For the Faerie Yooyu, I just run straight up to the goal, stand right in front of it, as close as possible, and throw it really hard. Doesn't give me much trouble that way, as there's not enough room for it to curve and miss the goal.

I've never managed to have success doing it that way, I just end up playing catch with the goalie all the time. >_<

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I've never managed to have success doing it that way, I just end up playing catch with the goalie all the time. >_<

Oh yeah, that happens (although I find that mostly happens to me with other Yooyus, not necessarily the Faerie one). I just keep playing catch until I score (or the goalie manages to throw it further away). :D

With the Faerie, I tend to stand a little ways back and try to throw it straight it.   About half the time it curves around the goalie to score... and half the time goes off in some wild direction.   Darigan... usually I just accept I'm not likely to score again.  I've tried the 'face downward to shoot left' which only seems to work in the goalie is there to intercept.   Most goals happen when the other team grabs the ball, and end up tossing it into their own goal.

I've found the best method for me with the darigan yy is to stand at the bottom of the goal and blast it full power so it bounces of the wall and slices into the goal. I really miss the version where if you stood in a certain spot the yy would go in at the same angle every time. I mean I think we have enough dynamic trajectory yys with the faerie and mutant ?

It's all kind of moot for me now anyway, yesterday evening my brain decided it had had enough of the AC, and today, when I wondered if I was going to play the reaction was a distinct :hmmph: so I guess those Darigan and Faerie Yooyus can do whatever they like from now on!

Hm ill have to try that. I have not thought of that. For faerie I get as close as possible with as little powerup. With darigan usually I lump around while the other team scores it for me. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, CylonPirate said:

I've found the best method for me with the darigan yy is to stand at the bottom of the goal and blast it full power so it bounces of the wall and slices into the goal. I really miss the version where if you stood in a certain spot the yy would go in at the same angle every time. I mean I think we have enough dynamic trajectory yys with the faerie and mutant ?

I've found that with the large net power up and the darigan yooyu being SLIGHTLY cooperative and going TOWARD the goal rather than away from it, I have no trouble getting it in there.  LOL.

Seriously though, if I don't have the large net power up (which it usually takes so long that I end up getting some type of power up) I keep running side to side and heaving the ball as I run by.  Eventually it makes it in there.

Tried both of the recommended strategies in this thread and although I still really stink at scoring with the Darigan yooyus, at least I seem to stink a little... less? Or maybe I'm just telling myself that to make myself feel better! Thanks to all who share strategy!!