Ghoul Catchers App Updated!

smoss1

Yay!!!?
TNT after a long while finally releases an update yesterday for versions of Ghoul Catchers!
(Tried the updates on my iPod, iPad, and android phone - have not tried Facebook version)

New Additions:

-layout and graphics changed slightly 

Faster load times - OMG this is great!!! Once loaded inside the app and levels, the transition from loading between rounds is almost instantaneous. This way, there will be less time dedicated to earning 50k a day.

More Ads/ video Ads to earn more NP - On the main level select page, there is an video ad available to watch for a chance to earn 1k np or lives if you have less than 5. Also, there is a chance that players can double their reward after finishing a level. I think it is about 5 times during my daily NP grab that that I was asked if I wanted to double my reward. Despite this, there is still the cap of earning 50k a day.

Glitches I have noticed:

*Ghouls not clearing/appear in the same place as other ghouls - occasionally, a ghoul will “get stuck” in the same place as another ghoul and will not move. So it can be hard to tell which ghoul will move. And this glitch stays between rounds as far as I have noticed unless you reset the app.

*Text for 50k NP Daily limit reaches not resetting - I had played again today on my android phone after the 5pm NST reset time for earning NP again after earning NP yesterday as well and despite the game saying I had reached daily limit of NP, the points were added to my account as usual. It also lagged my pages for a bit while refreshing on the Neopets website.

*Videos failing to load sometimes - This may be entirely my fault anyway from having such an old device such as my iPod Touch 5 gen from 2013 but no ads even show up load on this version I have on this device. This problem only happens on this iPod of mine so far.

Also, there have been people on the boards complaining about issues that they do not receive NP or the game doesn’t load after the update installation. I have not experienced this myself, but it is good to be aware of this persistent issues.

Overall, the amount of glitches in the Ghoul Catchers app were not reduced from before, but were traded out for new ones. Hopefully TNT will update the game again soon. Maybe... 
but still, it’s nice to see that the app can be downloaded again and is a little more accessible to more people - and that TNT has not forgotten about Ghoul Catchers.

Has anyone else has noticed anything that I didn’t mention? I don’t know a lot about the Facebook version myself so I’m not sure how well it is working like the other versions.

Good luck everyone!?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played Ghoul Catchers in MONTHS because of how slow the loading times were - I hated just sitting and starting into space between levels. I kind of forgot about it for a while. I'm excited to say that I'll start playing again this evening! Hopefully I don't see the glitches though...

Yep. It asks me too ? even though the facebook version hasn’t worked in a while...

You are still able to play, correct? It ahould give you a yes/no option

they updated again 5 days ago - the load time is even faster for the levels and when you finish a level, the option of connecting to Facebook at the end level screen has been removed. Those are the only changes I see with this new update. All of the glitches are still persistent. ?

although it seems like tnt is getting on top of updating the game for us. Maybe overtime the glitches will lessen.

2 hours ago, smoss1 said:

Yep. It asks me too ? even though the facebook version hasn’t worked in a while...

You are still able to play, correct? It ahould give you a yes/no option

they updated again 5 days ago - the load time is even faster for the levels and when you finish a level, the option of connecting to Facebook at the end level screen has been removed. Those are the only changes I see with this new update. All of the glitches are still persistent. ?

although it seems like tnt is getting on top of updating the game for us. Maybe overtime the glitches will lessen.

yes i connect thru FB (it connects quickly) and i can play 

i just reached my 50k limit :D 

I never connected to FB once and it still lets me play w/o connecting.

but as long as you are able to play w/o saying that you logged in GC every time, I think it’s fine. I would hate that lol?

I don't have a FB account and I've experienced no issues since the updates recently. But hard to say since I'm not exactly paying attention lol. I'm trying to hoard the 5 lives 5x powerups for those levels where I'm stuck on. Blow through those and get some more stars. I'm still working on the Faerieland map.

* The game doesn't remember me and I have to log-in every time (even if i stop playing for 5 minutes) this is why i activated the Facebook connect ... you don't need to put your username and password every time (also to connect to my old game where I was at level 23 or so)

*It said NP limit reached after only 5 plays today