It's trophy time!

The Prize Shop Awaits!
Congratulations! For your participation in this year's Altador Cup, a shiny new trophy has been added to your User Lookup. Also, your prize points are ready for you to spend in the Prize Shop. Enjoy!

shenkuu-2.png

Your total prize shop points: 5,804

Not sure how I feel about this year's design. What about you guys ?

Shenkuu finished in it's relatively normal place, around the middle, we're consistently mediocre. ?

The prize shop link isn't working, but that COULD be because the URL says 2016 . . . :ph34r:

The trophy design... Oh my goodness. I'm laughing lol.gif

It reminds me of... something. Mine isn't any better:

hauntedwoods-3.png

ROFL

(the broken prize shop link is pretty much an AC tradition by now, so no surprises there lol)

prize shop worked for me. Staff tourney prize shop is open too and all the not-star players have their bobbleheads too!

Oh, so it is working! I'm pleasantly surprised. At first glance, I'm pleased with the prizes too!

For anyone who hasn't been able to access the shop, try this link: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2018/prizes.phtml

The thing I'm happiest about is that I can afford the stamp! :happydance:I had to force myself to reach rank 10 this year because I haven't been playing as much neo lately, and I was afraid that I would need to reach at least rank 15 to get the stamp.

The Holbie Pinnock action figure looked familiar to me, and according to JellyNeo, it was released in 2016. Kind of a shame they didn't come up with an action figure for another player instead. ? I much prefer the free Wonderclaw Widget over the free Dyeworks potions of previous years though. :D

WOW, Deb's trophy, just . . . wow. Does AC actually stand for Adult Content really then ? It seems pretty pleased with itself, at least. ?

I did contemplate typing out the prize shop url and changing the date, but . . .

0329162db8e1ffd35dc05d60625af186cfce5fad

19 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I did contemplate typing out the prize shop url and changing the date, but . . .

I think it depends on what link you clicked; the one in the original pop-up didn't work for me either, but the one on the main page works just fine.

I'm curious as to what the difference between these two Stacks of Rusty Files in the staff tourney prize shop is, aside from the fact that one is wearable. So I guess what I'm really curious about is what the other is for. XD

boo_acy20xiii_stackoffiles.gifclo_acy20xiii_stackoffiles.gif

Edit: Apparently the other one is a book, and the wearable one is not working properly (it's attached to the sticker desk from last year... I think that entire office set is just stuck together XD).

Some of the prizes aren't bad. The beanie looks great on the Blumaroo, when I can be bothered I'll try it on my pets on DTI. I very much like the fact that it's not really obviously AC decoration like so many of the prizes end up being. The cap doesn't look completely ridiculous on ALL the pets, lol. I've got enough points for the stamp - thanks for the motivation Deb! - and all the books, so I'm happy. ?

omg there's a mall_claw_1pack.gif

Bigsby Shadingtons Wonderclaw Widget 1-pack

i just bought and used one yesterday with the remaining NC i had
:p 

but hey 2 Rock N Roll items are better than one 

Edit :
Played it and got a Silver Tier Item
This wicked wig will keep your look totally rock and roll dude.
Wild and Free Wig

That was rreally nice of them to throw in the free NC. And dang now im disappointed after reading about the re-released action figure. I should've grabbed something else.  You guys crack me the heck up with your trophies. ?

Congrats to all players! I'm a little disappointed Maraqua didn't do better, but with so many teams putting in so much effort, it's not a major surprise, those last few days were murder. (We lost so much. lol) Tyrannia coming up and beating Meridell was probably the BIG surprise for me for this AC. I mean, Meridell seemed to be dominating pretty much the whole way! So congrats to anyone here who helped Tyrannia pull off that upset! The top 3 really did play very hard! :D

Got me a silver trophy, but because I couldn't play many games this year, only 4,320 prize shop points. At least I can afford the stamp. ?
My Staff Tourney points were much higher, around 30,000. I've got my eye on a few items there. ?

Anyway, way to go everyone! ^_^

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

Edit :
Played it and got a Silver Tier Item
This wicked wig will keep your look totally rock and roll dude.
Wild and Free Wig

That wig and hat makes me think of Bret Michaels SO much.

483e8abe94109b10e60d6370c26cb015--bret-m

lol.gif

As usual pretty underwhelmed by the staff tourney prizes. The 1 point lunch is drawn much nicer this year, though 2 lots of the same things seems lazy of the artist, it would have looked really good with 4 different food options. The grievances board looks kind of good but it's surely on the wrong layer with it being a background item, thought it's so BIG that it'd be hard to work with.

*sigh*

Okay, I called it. The stack of rusty files . . . they also equip the desk - now from TWO years ago - I wish TNT would get their shizz together. <span><span class=?">

22 hours ago, jellysundae said:
Not sure how I feel about this year's design. What about you guys ?  

I concur, we're all thinking it lol. Although I must say, Deb's is the worst one I've seen so far. At least mine looks a bit less like *ahem* whatever:

faerieland-2.png 

but I have to admit, I never realized before how much variation there was to the AC trophies. I'm assuming it depends on your team then? I mean I knew they had the tiny team logo that would vary, but I never realized that the actual shape/style of trophy was varied for different teams in the same year. Has it always been like that?

Good to know that the other Rusty Files is a book, I was bummed when i didn't see a book in the staff prize shop at first glance. All these bobbleheads though? I dunno, I'm not a toy collector and I sold the ones I got as prizes during the tourney. They kinda give me the creeps, especially that many going all at once LOL

20 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

All these bobbleheads though? I dunno, I'm not a toy collector and I sold the ones I got as prizes during the tourney. They kinda give me the creeps, especially that many going all at once LOL

Just think about a gallery with all staff bobbleheads, or just a bobblehead gallery. That could get you all dizzy! lol

26 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I concur, we're all thinking it lol. Although I must say, Deb's is the worst one I've seen so far. At least mine looks a bit less like *ahem* whatever:

faerieland-2.png 

but I have to admit, I never realized before how much variation there was to the AC trophies. I'm assuming it depends on your team then? I mean I knew they had the tiny team logo that would vary, but I never realized that the actual shape/style of trophy was varied for different teams in the same year. Has it always been like that?

The top 3 always had differently shaped trophies, but I think this level of variation was introduced last year, when they changed the set-up of the rounds. (From a bracket system that lasted the entire Cup, to starting off with Round Robin and ending with a finals bracket.) Now the shape of the trophy corresponds to the bracked your team ended in.

(And before AC IX, the shape of your trophy also depended on your own rank.)

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

The top 3 always had differently shaped trophies, but I think this level of variation was introduced last year, when they changed the set-up of the rounds. (From a bracket system that lasted the entire Cup, to starting off with Round Robin and ending with a finals bracket.) Now the shape of the trophy corresponds to the bracked your team ended in.

Very interesting! I think it's cool that there is so much variation, once you realize there's a purpose behind it.

Those "SNAILS" though... I checked out that link and then wandered to Jellyneo's trophy page for this year and, yeah. So. Many. "Snails." 

Smh... thanks a lot JS/TNT, I'll never look at AC trophies the same again ?

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That wig and hat makes me think of Bret Michaels SO much.

483e8abe94109b10e60d6370c26cb015--bret-m

lol.gif

YES thank you so much

i busted my brain since last night trying to figure out who it was

i means surely it's not Slash

or those guys from Motley Crew 

it's friggin' Bret Michaels !!!

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Have we, between us, invented a new euphemism?

Hmm, it seems we have. Hooray for us! It's funny actually, because I'm a manager at a bakery and my team has several euphemisms and code words that we use to remain "professional" when within hearing of customers (or employees who are acting like idiots and are driving us crazy). Lets hope I never have a need to use this new one at work! ?

26 minutes ago, Angeló said:

YES thank you so much

i busted my brain since last night trying to figure out who it was

i means surely it's not Slash

or those guys from Motley Crew 

it's friggin' Bret Michaels !!!

One of the artists is clearly a Hair Metal fan ?

4 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Hmm, it seems we have. Hooray for us! It's funny actually, because I'm a manager at a bakery and my team has several euphemisms and code words that we use to remain "professional" when within hearing of customers (or employees who are acting like idiots and are driving us crazy). Lets hope I never have a need to use this new one at work! ?

The mind's boggling a little at what scenario would require this, but hey, you never know! ?