NC Mall Free Birthday Cupcake!

hrtbrk

I didn't know until yesterday night that the cupcakes had surprises in them / gave stats. I had like 6 cakes in my SDB that I gladly used last night as I wondered when I would get the next one. Yay for today !?

OH MY GOSH that cupcake does not look like a cupcake and more of a piece of stained glass. Love the colour of it but it's not looking much like a cupcake. ?

Free stats, not going to argue with that lol!

Thanks to this post I remembered to check my own pets bdays too for their cupcakes and since I forget EVERY single time I just added them all in my bday calendar lol. At least now I get a reminder for all of my pets. This crystal cupcake will go to my sdb for a little while as I intend to give it to my battle pet once all the stats are equal. 5 HP is a LOT of NP saved if I had to do it by training. So, THANK YOU NEOPETS!

LOL, hope our battle pets have no need for TEETH, 'cause they won't have any after biting into this cake. ?

As a complete aside . . . that black and white striped dress in the mall makes my Draik look like she's nine months pregnant. ?

image.png.c2ae243f62b5279fec6a0305ae7ed5c9.png

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Can our side accounts get the NC Free Cupcake or is that considered cheating/will freeze your account(s)? It's free and you can't sell it in your shops or TP, right?:worried:

Yes, you are allowed to collect it on your side accounts. You are allowed to claim Free NC items as long as they don't give out NP items. Free NC or NC items are not a problem.

10 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yes, you are allowed to collect it on your side accounts. You are allowed to claim Free NC items as long as they don't give out NP items. Free NC or NC items are not a problem.

I was sure this was the case, but absolutely didn't want to post and say so only to find out I was actually completely wrong, lol. Thank you for confirming that I HAD actually remembered something accurately. :D

On 7/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, Mouseykins said:

The item from this cupcake is kind of cute too!

mall_trink_crystalpetpet.gif

(Click to be directed to our items database page on it)

i love it 

it's really cute

but i'm not sure to which pet i'll give it (thus which cupcake to open)

On 7/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, Duma said:

Thanks to this post I remembered to check my own pets bdays too for their cupcakes and since I forget EVERY single time I just added them all in my bday calendar

Does it mean we get something on our pets' birthdays, as in the anniversary of the day we make them, not like Flotsam Day, Ixi Day etc.? Do I get them at the NC Mall? And does the birthday pet need to be my active pet?

36 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Does it mean we get something on our pets' birthdays, as in the anniversary of the day we make them, not like Flotsam Day, Ixi Day etc.? Do I get them at the NC Mall? And does the birthday pet need to be my active pet?

It is your pet's actual birthday, I THINK it's a pop-up that happens - my Kacheek's birthday's in November so I can't remember - .see I can never remember about it so my active pet's the only one that ever gets a cupcake. ?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It is your pet's actual birthday, I THINK it's a pop-up that happens - my Kacheek's birthday's in November so I can't remember - .see I can never remember about it so my active pet's the only one that ever gets a cupcake. ?

Yes, it's on the day you created them. You need to look at their lookup to get a popup asking you what kind of cupcake you want. There are 3 kinds if I'm not mistaken, each with a specific stat increase effect. You don't need to feed it to the pet who's birthday it is, you can also feed it to one of your other pets.

@jellysundae @Duma

Thanks! That's really helpful! Three of my pets' 2nd birthday is coming in about a month so hopefully I'll finally get those cupcakes :D

It would be great if TDN has a birthday reminder function, which can also convert the age in days into the actual birthday. (Or Neopets can just list the pet birthdays for us in DD/MM/YY like all normal people do :P )

4 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Does it mean we get something on our pets' birthdays

Yes, this happens when you go to your User Look Up and click on your Pet (it doesn't have to be your active Pet) and you'll see balloons streaming down the page and you will get a pop up of 3 cupcakes to choose 1:       Starry Blue Birthday Cupcake           Starry Pink Birthday Cupcake        Starry Yellow Birthday Cupcake

The BLUE Starry  Cupcake  increases +5 Defense points

The PINK Starry Cupcake increases +5 Endurance (Health or Hit) points

The YELLOW Starry Cupcake increases +5 Strength points

You don't need to go to the NC Mall or any place other than your Look Up and you can choose to feed any Pet you want with it (just don't let the Pet know or give it another treat? lol, they aren't really going to know, right?). I hope this helps. :icecream:

2 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

@jellysundae @Duma

Thanks! That's really helpful! Three of my pets' 2nd birthday is coming in about a month so hopefully I'll finally get those cupcakes :D

It would be great if TDN has a birthday reminder function, which can also convert the age in days into the actual birthday. (Or Neopets can just list the pet birthdays for us in DD/MM/YY like all normal people do :P )

They do! On the pet's lookup you can see it. Right below Age is the Birthday :D (they just don't have the reminder option, that's why I have it now in my own calendar with reminders lol)

see:

image.png

2 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

@jellysundae @Duma

It would be cool to have a reminder, wouldn't it, having checked their look ups I see my Draik's birthday is next month. I need to write them down, and then put that bit of paper somewhere I'll forget about . . .:ph34r:

14 hours ago, Duma said:

They do! On the pet's lookup you can see it. Right below Age is the Birthday :D (they just don't have the reminder option, that's why I have it now in my own calendar with reminders lol)

see:

image.png

I have my pets' birthdays added to my calendar as well and have reminders set so I get notified or else I would forget too. My husband and I used to have our calendars synced so when one of us made an appointment for something it would show up on our calendar. So he'd get the notification of X's Birthday and he'd be like "what or who is this?!" So I'd have to explain it to him and get the eye-roll. ?

A couple of years ago he went rogue and switched from an iPhone to an Android and our calendars are no longer synced so I don't get the strange looks, on that matter anyway. ?