HAHAHAHAHA etc. also trololol maybe, the trophies . . .

Mine is still the original. Wait is it? It is right? I wouldn't be surprised if they lurked these boards like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh darn -________-   meridell-2.png 
Edit : Okay well that was weird as I copied and pasted the trophy it switched from the original to the new after I submitted my post. bwahaha. Cause my lookup still has the old. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 10.35.06 AM.png

Some people at the neoboards predicted they'd do this (the design obviously didn't go unnoticed on there either). XD

@Kute It'll probably turn into the new one once you clear your cache.

*Edit: I just checked JellyNeo, and one of the only trophies that appears unchanged is the Gold TM one, which happens to be mine.

AC_XIII_trophies_only_mine_is_the_one_wi

So now I'm curious what happens if I paste the image location here & submit this post:

terrormountain-1.png

*Edit 2: Ooh, it did change! I guess JN hadn't found/updated this image yet.

*Final edit (probably): I like the old ones better.

The image I posted in here has updated now too. So my first post doesn't make a whole lot of sense any more . xD

I don't understand why they made the trophies that shape in the first place, I mean Deb's one . . . ?

They were either completely intentional and totally for the lulz, or TNT are so oblivious it beggars belief. I mean come on.

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

I'm so upset that they changed them! The original ones were fabulous! ?

At least they let us have a good belly-laugh over them for a while? 

?

?

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

they just put a boxer-brief over the snail

image.png.00f5fe92e06b80d035a31a6e1060deb5.png

To me, it looks more like a jock-strap, which would still be fitting for the original design. Or maybe "Depends"?

But, now the trophies look, well, bad. It looks like a "rush job", which, I guess it was. *sigh* Can't have anything nice, these days.

Aww no, not the Snails?!?!

I agree though, I can't believe anyone was that oblivious to let that design get used in the first place. I can just imagine TNT sitting around haggling over what to put in the prize shops and tossing the trophy design to some poor intern or something, not realizing they were about to get pranked. Or maybe someone in the office was salty about never getting picked for Star Player in the staff tourney ?

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

To me, it looks more like a jock-strap, which would still be fitting for the original design. Or maybe "Depends"?

But, now the trophies look, well, bad. It looks like a "rush job", which, I guess it was. *sigh* Can't have anything nice, these days.

HAHAHA. Oh gosh, well those original trophies would certainly have required a bit of sporting support. xD And maybe the Depends once they got older. *snorts*

3 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Aww no, not the Snails?!?!

I agree though, I can't believe anyone was that oblivious to let that design get used in the first place. I can just imagine TNT sitting around haggling over what to put in the prize shops and tossing the trophy design to some poor intern or something, not realizing they were about to get pranked. Or maybe someone in the office was salty about never getting picked for Star Player in the staff tourney ?

I know, right?!

The possible reasons behind this could make another epic comic that would never get accepted for the NT ( but would give whoever checked the entries a good laugh xD)

I'm kinda surprised that hardtotame let the originals through. Of course now I'm expecting her to be omniscient, lol, but she DID say recently that she is in charge of content for most of the site, so . . .

image.png.f17cd9045887b274bdb930eb2c55b335.png

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yep, the trophy's just had a gender switch. :laugh:

They also do look like a pair of thong knickers, in that case.

Then, again, if you turn it upside down and wear it like a hat, it could be a wizard cap, too.

Good thing they didn't mistakenly make it a "wearable".

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

yeah , that too !! 

or that loincloth Sumo wrestlers wear (mawashi) 

... i just can't unsee it now !

My apologies, @Angeló. This whole thing is like a train wreck, you don't want to look, but you just can't help it!

EDIT: (I can't resist from posting this anymore). Maybe Lilian Fairweather designed the AC XIII trophy?!

11 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

EDIT: (I can't resist from posting this anymore). Maybe Lilian Fairweather designed the AC XIII trophy?!

LOL, as retaliation for them not updating the Daily Puzzle in for ever. Is she having to pay all those 340np prizes out of her own pocket, lol.

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

LOL, as retaliation for them not updating the Daily Puzzle in for ever. Is she having to pay all those 340np prizes out of her own pocket, lol.

Could be more of an internship. Next, she will get promoted to "Neopian Times Editor".

51 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Could be more of an internship. Next, she will get promoted to "Neopian Times Editor".

OOH, ME-OW!

Scoobs has his claws out today. ?

Soooo I've waited several days, but my trophy still hasn't changed. I cleared my cache and did a hard refresh on my lookup, but nope, still the same. It's even listed on JN's trophy guide: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=altadorcup13&id=prizes#trophies

So I guess Team Darigan wasn't changed even though everyone else was? This is weird...I didn't mind the original trophies, but I don't like mine being different from everyone else's for no reason. 

22 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Soooo I've waited several days, but my trophy still hasn't changed. I cleared my cache and did a hard refresh on my lookup, but nope, still the same. It's even listed on JN's trophy guide: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=altadorcup13&id=prizes#trophies

So I guess Team Darigan wasn't changed even though everyone else was? This is weird...I didn't mind the original trophies, but I don't like mine being different from everyone else's for no reason. 

I guess Darigan's ones just got missed, I'm sure they'll get changed eventually. I'd advise against holding your breath in the meantime though. :ph34r:

Aw this is disappointing! The new ones are so uninspiring.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:00 AM, jellysundae said:

In which case Lilian Fairweather might want to earn those NP back by selling "snail"-shaped merchandise. No point in letting the design go to waste. The double-headed one might be quite popular ?

13 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

In which case Lilian Fairweather might want to earn those NP back by selling "snail"-shaped merchandise. No point in letting the design go to waste. The double-headed one might be quite popular ?

I... can't even ?

Well, seeing as TNT's having a get-together in a hotel bar near Comic Con, them branching out into "adult" merch could well be a logical next step. ? Could open up a whole new horizon for the site. xD

Mine is still the 1st design but oddly in my case, the only trophy that hasn't changed to the plain trophy is of the gold Meridell trophy, but the rest all changed

18 hours ago, Sajjet said:

Mine is still the 1st design but oddly in my case, the only trophy that hasn't changed to the plain trophy is of the gold Meridell trophy, but the rest all changed

Yours is showing up in the new design for me, so you'll probably have to clear your cache to get it to change for you as well. (That's what I had to do too.)

I did some more exploring and found players who are all-star gold rank as me but with Meridell, and I am viewing their trophy in the old design, therefore with your comments declaring the trophy changes once the cache is cleared, I opt not to since I prefer the old Design.

• 1 month later...

SNAIL UPDATE!!!

Okay well maybe not Snails, but potentially worse?!? I just went over to JellyNeo for a price comparison and saw this on their front page:

neo_creation_week_day_1.jpg

Apparently Neopets is running a week of contests on their social media pages this week (I don't follow Neo on FB and I don't have twitter or insta so I didn't know anything about this, perhaps if you do you're already having a laugh about this). But, YEAH. Can I just say, they either have an enormous sense of humor or an incredible level of naivety? Or both, I guess. I just find it HILARIOUS that after the AC trophy snafu this year, the very first contest they run in what is advertised as a week of social media contests is "Create your own trophy". Guess this is why they are running this on social and not on the actual site, I can only imagine some of the suggestions they will receive! ?

Once I stop imagining inappropriate things and giggling uncontrollably, I will have to see if I have time to make something for this though, as I would LOVE to get my hands on one of the item codes from ComicCon. What do you guys think? Worth it if I can keep a straight face long enough to do the work?