Outside my window right now

jellysundae

SO, England's beat Sweden in the quarter-finals of the World Cup, and the street outside - with one pub showing the football right next door and another directly across the road - is kinda like this . . .

OK so there's not QUITE as many people outside as this, lol, but the constant refrain of It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, football's coming home isn't any different. ?

David Baddiel and Frank Skinner REALLY knew what they were doing when they wrote that song!

There's been no trouble in town so far, dare I hope for that to continue ? This is British football fans after all, and they haven't earnt their stereotype of being really badly behaved for no reason.

And now England's in the semi finals . . . ?

Bearing in mind we've not won the World Cup since 1966, as any football fan - which I'm not - never lets people forget.

Tensions are HIGH right now in li'l old England!

You're not kidding !

There's a LOT of police, just casually sitting around in vans tonight. ?

Bearing in mind that the average police presence in this town is ZERO, lol. It's all gonna end in tears, these guys have been drinking solidly since kick-off at 3pm, right now outside there's some guy dancing around in the middle of the road, waving his arms about at the cars that drive around him. So there's 2am behaviour going on right now, by actual 2am it's gonna be messy. ?

Well I can't see any boarded up windows on the opposite side of the road this morning, so at least half of the high street survived the night unscathed. There's gonna be a lot of sore heads this morning though. :laugh: Good business for the local pubs, at least, and McDonalds this morning, I imagine. I personally always found a McMuffin and a hash brown to be great for a hangover. How come Maccy D's have never capitalised on the benefits of their breakfast dishes as hangover cures in their advertising. TOTAL missed opportunity there. *snorts*

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

i can only imagine what they will do when England meets the Mortal Enemy (France) in the Final 

You say when like it's a foregone conclusion.

*looks to see who we're playing in the semi*

Ah, Croatia. But they've got through to the semi, so . . . I wonder why I do tend to associate smaller quieter country's teams with being no good. Bit strange that when you think about it. If there does end up being a France vs. England final the papers will have an absolute field day. -__-

The media, psyching fans up to a frenzy and goading old enmities, should be the people who have to pay for all the window glass. :ph34r:

Actually I think some glass companies help sponcer the cup, make sure it's on every channel, stuff like that.   It's advertising directly, and if they end up with some more business along the way, so much the better.

24 minutes ago, Rayd1978 said:

Actually I think some glass companies help sponcer the cup, make sure it's on every channel, stuff like that.   It's advertising directly, and if they end up with some more business along the way, so much the better.

I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if this wasn't the case, humans being the delightful creatures that we are. ? ?

On 7/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, jellysundae said:

I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if this wasn't the case, humans being the delightful creatures that we are. ? ?

I favor a quote from a friend of mine:  'People are amazing, AMAZING monkeys.'