Things That Never Seem to Happen For Me on Neopets

MegHidd

I've been playing on my main account for almost eleven years and that's a really long time to NEVER see some things...

Here's my conspiracy list. Does anyone concur? 

1.) I've never won Guess the Marrow.

2.) Smuggler's Cove never has anything to sell.

3.) The Almost Abandoned Attic has always just ran out of items.

4.) Refreshing for avatars and battledome challengers has never actually worked. 

5.) I've never gotten past The Gatherer (and that petpet) on the Altador Plot.

6.) The Turmaculus can never be woken up apparently ever.

7.) Qasalan Expellibox gave me neocash once, and a disease twelve hundred times.

8.) The Daily Puzzle often isn't refreshed very daily.

9.) I've found the guy sleeping at the magma pool four times, but gathered all the worms for the cave quest once.

10.) I can't beat the first guy on Neoquest and it sucks.

And a Extra Side Note just because I saw it today, did anyone notice that they changed the Altador Cup Trophy from looking like....you know....to a normal cup? 

And that's my list. 

Oh I feel ya too! For me the list is a bit different as I focus on getting all the avatars:

Playing for 17 years:

• Deserted Tomb will not give me an avatar
  • Wheel of excitement will not land on the star
  • Kiko pop same, no avatar
  • Turmaculus won't eat my petpet
  • Snowager blast me plenty but refuses to give me that one hit with that avatar
  • Qasalan Expellibox has never ever given me NC
  • I have never found a major Buried Treasure
  • I have never been able to feed a kad (have not really tried a lot tho)
  • I have never had a lucky Robot Kacheek zap from the labray (or a pea chia or a chocolate pet)

I'm sure I could come up with more but I'm tired and going to get me some sleep XD

Abandoned Attic isn't working so you'll never get that one sadly.

For me, it's Snowager, marrow, Buried Treasure, the stamps at Faerie Caverns/Grave Danger. And yes, the worm, though I've never tried for it seriously. Will do today!

I've seen turmy awake maybe a dozen times only because I've been working on neoquest for a while and I use jellyneo maps/ guide and they alert you with a link when hes awake. Sometimes when I would refresh the page with a new map it would pop up. Also about neoquest, just keep leveling up so you overpower the first guy ? Honestly just having 1 character is the worst part of the game. When you get 2 everything changes. 

I have vague memories of not finding that worm either, but never tried again after they were initially released.

If they ever fix the Abandoned Attic you'll definitely find some items there; unlike Smuggler's Cove (which I stopped checking after a few years, because I gave up on ever even seeing any items there - let alone being able to buy them) it used to restock quite often. It was more like the Garage Sale, but with better items. I wish they'd just fix it.

TNT seems to have given up on the Daily Puzzle. (It's only in the last few years that it no longer changes daily.)

I guess I'm kind of in the middle of the road here, I seems to have reasonably good luck with REs and faerie quests (have had a couple of FFQs over the years) but I cannot for the life of me do other things:

• I can wobble coconuts at the Shy every day but never knocked one down
  • Turmy has woken for me a couple times but never eats my pet
  • Daily Kiko Pop play but no avatar
  • Daily telling special joke to King Skarl but no avatar (am really, REALLY tired of that "joke")
  • My last worm in Moltara does not exist either
  • I cannot get a fortune with "Kyrii" in it for that avatar
  • Completed my lab map a couple months ago, but have had one species/color change. ONE. Every other day it is +2 points in some stat, then the very next day it is -2 points in the same stat LOL
  • "Random" avatars (neomail, graveyard, etc) do not like me

Wonder how many of these "random" things are truly random or if the game is specifically weighted for them to be nearly impossible ?

Maybe this will help you...

Moltara Worm Quest

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/moltara-worm-quest/ NOTE: It appears the worms are now in different places for different users. If you notice your worm in a different place than those shown below, feel free to send in a ticket with the new location (...

2 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I guess I'm kind of in the middle of the road here, I seems to have reasonably good luck with REs and faerie quests (have had a couple of FFQs over the years) but I cannot for the life of me do other things:

• I can wobble coconuts at the Shy every day but never knocked one down
  • Turmy has woken for me a couple times but never eats my pet
  • Daily Kiko Pop play but no avatar
  • Daily telling special joke to King Skarl but no avatar (am really, REALLY tired of that "joke")
  • My last worm in Moltara does not exist either
  • I cannot get a fortune with "Kyrii" in it for that avatar
  • Completed my lab map a couple months ago, but have had one species/color change. ONE. Every other day it is +2 points in some stat, then the very next day it is -2 points in the same stat LOL
  • "Random" avatars (neomail, graveyard, etc) do not like me

Wonder how many of these "random" things are truly random or if the game is specifically weighted for them to be nearly impossible ?

Same. Ughhh. I was just thinking this today about the King Skarl joke. I thought " hmmm i bet 25 years down the road i'll still remember it after doing this every day for so lonnnnng.' I hope its not secretly broken and we dont know ?:thumbsdown:

15 hours ago, Duma said:

Oh I feel ya too! For me the list is a bit different as I focus on getting all the avatars:

Playing for 17 years:

• Deserted Tomb will not give me an avatar
  • Wheel of excitement will not land on the star
  • Kiko pop same, no avatar
  • Turmaculus won't eat my petpet
  • Snowager blast me plenty but refuses to give me that one hit with that avatar
  • Qasalan Expellibox has never ever given me NC
  • I have never found a major Buried Treasure
  • I have never been able to feed a kad (have not really tried a lot tho)
  • I have never had a lucky Robot Kacheek zap from the labray (or a pea chia or a chocolate pet)

I'm sure I could come up with more but I'm tired and going to get me some sleep XD

Agreed. Especially with buried treasure.. I keep thinking it's going to be the lucky one with the avatar.. and continue getting my heart broken. good luck!!!

I woke the Turmaculus this morning, and my petpet gained a level.   I don't really pay attention to avatars, so not sure on them, but have found most of the Battledome challengers.  Never really tried the worm quest, think I found one in passing.  Have won two coconuts, and a 50 dubloon coin.   Just sold a foreground from the Symol Hole for 90K.  Have yet to find my lava pool sleep time but havn't looked very hard.   Have a couple lab map pieces I found at random.  Have won numerous neolottery tickets, but never the lottery itself.  Never gotten something from the Wishing Well.  Never gotten higher than a 25 on the Test Your Strength.   The Coincidence boosted movement once, destroyed two items, and gave a lot of useless stuff, but mostly asks for expensive items I decline.

So I guess I've had some luck, but not a massive amount.

4 hours ago, Kute said:

Same. Ughhh. I was just thinking this today about the King Skarl joke. I thought " hmmm i bet 25 years down the road i'll still remember it after doing this every day for so lonnnnng.' I hope its not secretly broken and we dont know ?:thumbsdown:

I have wondered about this too! I only recently started collecting avatars seriously, and a few are listed as broken, like one of the clickable pet ones, and some like Bilge Dice are obviously suspended because the games are broken. However, with all the things that are SLIGHTLY BROKEN around the site most of the time, I wonder if some of the avatars I'm still missing are not functional and it's just that no one can confirm they are broken ?

On 7/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, MegHidd said:

5.) I've never gotten past The Gatherer (and that petpet) on the Altador Plot.

I did the Altador Plot almost 2 years ago so I don't remember the details much, but I followed TDN guide (http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/part12/) to the letter, and managed to complete it. It did take a LOT of patience, especially when finding the Punch Club at the Colosseum.

Worm Quest - I have a vague impression that the Black and Rainbow worms appear at specific times. And it's different for each user, kind of like Magma Pool. So if your worm times happens at a time when you're never online (in the middle of the night) then chances are you'll never find it.

Neoquest... Can the game expire? I played about 1.5 years ago, and when I checked just now (with each one of my pet), it asks me to start a new game. I made my way to the Techo Caves previously, and I really really don't want to start all over again ?

15 hours ago, Kute said:

I hope its not secretly broken and we dont know ?:thumbsdown:

I've had this fear about several of the avatars, Turmy, Buried Treasure and the Snowager in particular. Poor  @Scoobert_Doo confirmed earlier this year that Turmy is in fact still eating petpets. Apologises for bringing this up, Scoobs  ?

4 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Neoquest... Can the game expire? I played about 1.5 years ago, and when I checked just now (with each one of my pet), it asks me to start a new game. I made my way to the Techo Caves previously, and I really really don't want to start all over again ?

Yes, it does, after 3 months of you not playing it if I remember rightly.

*scoots off to play immediately*

?

I'm slogging my way through Faerieland and no WAY do I want to have to start again. ?

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

?????

No amount of snail-shaped trophies will cheer me up ?

I decided to do Neoquest II first. On my way to beat the second boss. 

I want to laugh about the trophies comment, but I'm maintaining poker face here in your honour.

:shiftyeyes_anim:

16 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I have wondered about this too! I only recently started collecting avatars seriously, and a few are listed as broken, like one of the clickable pet ones, and some like Bilge Dice are obviously suspended because the games are broken. However, with all the things that are SLIGHTLY BROKEN around the site most of the time, I wonder if some of the avatars I'm still missing are not functional and it's just that no one can confirm they are broken ?

While I'm not entirely sure, I doubt the King Skarl one is broken. It just takes a loooooooooooong time. (I did eventually forget the stupid joke though, @Kute, so you might be able to repress it as well, once you get the avatar!)

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've had this fear about several of the avatars, Turmy, Buried Treasure and the Snowager in particular. Poor  @Scoobert_Doo confirmed earlier this year that Turmy is in fact still eating petpets. Apologises for bringing this up, Scoobs  ?

Yes, it does, after 3 months of you not playing it if I remember rightly.

*scoots off to play immediately*

?

I'm slogging my way through Faerieland and no WAY do I want to have to start again. ?

I think it's more than 3 months though. I could've sworn I read the exact amount of time it takes for a game to expire somewhere, but I can't find anything definitive. Some forum mentioned a year, so that could be it, but I vaguely remember when I first started playing NQ, and then taking like a 2 year break from it, only to find my game was still active. But I might be mis-remembering just how long my break was. Definitely longer than 3 months though.

46 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I think it's more than 3 months though. I could've sworn I read the exact amount of time it takes for a game to expire somewhere, but I can't find anything definitive. Some forum mentioned a year, so that could be it, but I vaguely remember when I first started playing NQ, and then taking like a 2 year break from it, only to find my game was still active. But I might be mis-remembering just how long my break was. Definitely longer than 3 months though.

I wish I could remember where I read whatever it was that I read, lol.

Maybe I'm confusing things with the first game.

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I wish I could remember where I read whatever it was that I read, lol.

Maybe I'm confusing things with the first game.

We weren't talking about the first game? (Because I was. XD)

I've never played NQ2 (yet), but from what I read that one isn't linked to a specific pet, but to your account.

18 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Yea the Blige Dice makes me sad. I really really like that game. I actually just sent in a question about that if it was coming back soon. 

Also for those of you who are trying to get through NQ2, I just leave a tab open 24/7 with the game up. And usually the last thing I do in including my dailies is getting through a couple fights just to keep it progressive. 

59 minutes ago, Nielo said:

We weren't talking about the first game? (Because I was. XD)

I've never played NQ2 (yet), but from what I read that one isn't linked to a specific pet, but to your account.

? We did pretty well then, as we were talking about different things. xDDD

14 minutes ago, Kute said:

Yea the Blige Dice makes me sad. I really really like that game. I actually just sent in a question about that if it was coming back soon. 

Also for those of you who are trying to get through NQ2, I just leave a tab open 24/7 with the game up. And usually the last thing I do in including my dailies is getting through a couple fights just to keep it progressive. 

Yeah when I remember I do a few fights, not daily that often, but always weekly.

You one of those naughty people who never shuts their computer down then, lol.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

? We did pretty well then, as we were talking about different things. xDDD

Yeah when I remember I do a few fights, not daily that often, but always weekly.

You one of those naughty people who never shuts their computer down then, lol.

I do :D I just have this option checked off. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 2.40.31 PM.png