Plushie Tycoon

Kute

Hello friends, 

I am interested in starting the search for the plushie tycoon avatar. plushieTycoon.gif

I was wondering who here has some tips?  Is it hard to get a score of 50K+ ?

And also are there any guides you recommend? 

It seems really intense. I'm scared ?

1 minute ago, Kute said:

It seems really intense. I'm scared ?

Yeah I'm never gonna play it as people have scared me about it. ?

I thought it would be difficult, but ended up enjoying Plushie Tycoon. Was glad when the month was over, and I only played that one time, but, overall, I enjoyed it, got the avatar, and some NP. I highly recommend you take a look at THE Plushie Tycoon board, on the Games Neoboard. Here is the link to the current one:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159513416

Definitely read the first six posts, as there is great information, there. And, read, read, and re-read, the petpages listed on their board:

http://www.neopets.com/~MapleHood

http://www.neopets.com/~GrundyTycoon

http://www.neopets.com/~sungminty

I say "read, read, and re-read" and what I mean is, make sure you understand. I was confused, at first. Once I started playing, I kept going back, to those 3. It started making (more) sense, as I went along. MapleHood is a great "how-to-start" guide. It lists stuff you should and shouldn't do, when starting. GrundyTycoon explains how to setup a time zone (Plushie Tycoon ONLY updates in an 8 hour period, everyday), and gives info on loading times, etc. Don't be afraid to post on the PT board, either. There are many experienced PT players, but they are friendly and usually answer questions. I played for the whole month, but some will play for the last week only, just to get the avatar. Playing for the whole month also got me a gold trophy. Once you understand PT, you should be able to reach 50K +. It's not really intense, at all. Knowing the time when the updates happen, is the most "intense" thing. The PT board lists it. I you do start playing, and make a mess of things, you can start over, or just start the next month. It's been a long time since I played, but I'll try to answer any questions.

EDIT: I was "scared" too, when I started. Like I said, once I got the "hang" of it, it wasn't too bad. When the updates happen, you can only do a certain amount of things. I was even "kadding" during the time I was playing PT.

Scoobs has just confirmed my thoughts that Plushie Tycoon is never gonna be something I should even look at, lol.

I'm cool with that though, my brain's broken enough already without me going out of my way to destroy more of it with this game. ?

I had pretty much the same experience as Scoobert. I knew absolutely nothing going into the game, but after reading through the guides, plus a good bit of trial and error, I figured it out. I ended up enjoying it a lot, and got both the avatar and the gold trophy on my first try. It's too much work and too few nps for me to bother with it again though. 

But anyway, as Scoobert said, I'm happy to try and help if anyone has questions!

Apart from the general game mechanics, the biggest thing to be aware of is time. The first few days, it's crucial to be able to be on for as many updates as possible, so it's good to start your game when you know you're going to have a few days off from school/work with not a lot going on, and definitely pay attention to what all the guides say about setting your time zones so you're setting them at times that are convenient for you. I found after the first week or so, when you've build up your cash and supplies a bit and can start producing larger batches of things, it's easier to let the game run on it's own for longer so you only need to check in for a few updates a day when your batches are done producing. When setting up your batches to run, make sure to time them so they end when you're pretty sure you'll be able to be online to set up new ones.