Prize shop WeaPen, I got it... not bad *Obama face*

I bought it blind as there's no reviews of it yet.  @Aquamentis12 you wanna borrow mine?

Having tried it out...

image.thumb.png.51ef7ba095c6ea4c8886d3de35a9edae.png

So yeah, to reiterate

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I'm not displeased that I spent points on it. It doesn't measure up to the best of the plot weapons, but it's still pretty decent I think.  ?

21 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i went for the bobble heads .. didn't realize this is even a weapon

I was pretty proud of myself for realising that myself, lol. I was expecting there to be a weapon though as there has been past years.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:56 AM, jellysundae said:

I bought it blind as there's no reviews of it yet.  @Aquamentis12 you wanna borrow mine?

Having tried it out...

image.thumb.png.51ef7ba095c6ea4c8886d3de35a9edae.png

So yeah, to reiterate

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I'm not displeased that I spent points on it. It doesn't measure up to the best of the plot weapons, but it's still pretty decent I think.  ?

Hi Jellysundae, thanks for the offer. I'm out of town right now, but I should be home a bit later today, sometime in the evening. I'd definitely like to test the WeaPen out. If you could send it either later tonight or tomorrow, or whenever it's convenient I'll see about testing it out so I can get it back to you. ?
Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hi Jellysundae, thanks for the offer. I'm out of town right now, but I should be home a bit later today, sometime in the evening. I'd definitely like to test the WeaPen out. If you could send it either later tonight or tomorrow, or whenever it's convenient I'll see about testing it out so I can get it back to you. ?
Thanks so much!

I'll write myself a note to send it to you tomorrow morning, so it'll be waiting for you when you get up. ?

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'll write myself a note to send it to you tomorrow morning, so it'll be waiting for you when you get up. ?

Great! I'm home now, so I'll look for it tomorrow! Thanks in advance for the lend! Hopefully it won't be a "tricky" WeaPen to test! XD

3 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Great! I'm home now, so I'll look for it tomorrow! Thanks in advance for the lend! Hopefully it won't be a "tricky" WeaPen to test! XD

I'm just about to send it now. So do enlighten us, how can weapons be tricky. ?

Make some room in your inventory, mister. ?

On 7/22/2018 at 5:02 AM, jellysundae said:

I'm just about to send it now. So do enlighten us, how can weapons be tricky. ?

Make some room in your inventory, mister. ?

LOL Whoops! It's AMAZING how quickly my inventory fills up from mainly doing dailies! Cleared most of it out now. lol Sorry about that!

Some weapons are very tricky to figure out. A Shovel, Glowing Cauldron, Heavy Robe of Thievery, etc. Some have specific conditions that need to be met, while some reflectors change the icon type defended into a different icon-type when it reflects back at the attacker, etc. They aren't always constant damage, and even regular weapons can have fractional-icons. It may display say, 10 icons, but it may not always do exactly 10 icons. Blazing Embers is a decent example of a weapon with fractional icons. As it can do anywhere from a partial Physical icon to 6 full icons. Some weapons require a TON of testing. I believe the Focus of Imminent Destruction, which Kaia "used" in the Wraith plot, she used it, but I've never seen it do anything in battle. Even though it CAN be purchased from the Hidden Tower for 30mil. I don't believe anyone has posted what it can do yet. If it has conditions to activate it's ability, I didn't see it work in all the battles I had with Kaia. And I was testing all elements against her to try and figure out a couple of her weapons at the time.

8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL Whoops! It's AMAZING how quickly my inventory fills up from mainly doing dailies! Cleared most of it out now. lol Sorry about that!

Some weapons are very tricky to figure out. A Shovel, Glowing Cauldron, Heavy Robe of Thievery, etc. Some have specific conditions that need to be met, while some reflectors change the icon type defended into a different icon-type when it reflects back at the attacker, etc. They aren't always constant damage, and even regular weapons can have fractional-icons. It may display say, 10 icons, but it may not always do exactly 10 icons. Blazing Embers is a decent example of a weapon with fractional icons. As it can do anywhere from a partial Physical icon to 6 full icons. Some weapons require a TON of testing. I believe the Focus of Imminent Destruction, which Kaia "used" in the Wraith plot, she used it, but I've never seen it do anything in battle. Even though it CAN be purchased from the Hidden Tower for 30mil. I don't believe anyone has posted what it can do yet. If it has conditions to activate it's ability, I didn't see it work in all the battles I had with Kaia. And I was testing all elements against her to try and figure out a couple of her weapons at the time.

Successfully sent now. ?

OH, so you're not going to know if it's tricky without trying every combo/opponent possible, basically... ? See there was ME, thinking this one just did the same damage each time, but that's because I only used it against the same opponent, isn't it, and not very many times, either.

I mean, I suppose it's pretty likely that it will be constant, but you've gotta fully test that to find out, haven't you. Important job you have there. ?

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Successfully sent now. ?

OH, so you're not going to know if it's tricky without trying every combo/opponent possible, basically... ? See there was ME, thinking this one just did the same damage each time, but that's because I only used it against the same opponent, isn't it, and not very many times, either.

I mean, I suppose it's pretty likely that it will be constant, but you've gotta fully test that to find out, haven't you. Important job you have there. ?

Thank you for the lend. I battled with it against a few opponents and it is a constant, but this was a surprisingly tricky one. Because I think it's glitched. Here's why, 14 icons in my peophin's hooves SHOULD do 224 damage, but it consistently did 112 damage. I double checked the numbers with TDN's damage calculator. And got the same numbers for a 14 icon weapon wielded by a pet with the max boost, the 16x multiplier. It's like it's only half the power it displays. I've updated the WeaPen's page, but I think it will need future testing, to see if or when TNT fixes the WeaPen. I've also returned the WeaPen back to you. Thanks again for the lend.

LOL Well, we try. We don't always get it right at first. TNT has been sneaky in the past. This WeaPen, I was thinking, would most likely be a decent constant. But my conclusion is that at this moment, it's only working with half the power it claims to have. It would be SO much easier if TNT could keep it's icons straight. One icon = x-damage, or a partial icon would mean partial damage. But, that would reduce the randomness and make the job of a weapon tester easier. ? lol Oh well. Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Thank you for the lend. I battled with it against a few opponents and it is a constant, but this was a surprisingly tricky one. Because I think it's glitched. Here's why, 14 icons in my peophin's hooves SHOULD do 224 damage, but it consistently did 112 damage. I double checked the numbers with TDN's damage calculator. And got the same numbers for a 14 icon weapon wielded by a pet with the max boost, the 16x multiplier. It's like it's only half the power it displays. I've updated the WeaPen's page, but I think it will need future testing, to see if or when TNT fixes the WeaPen. I've also returned the WeaPen back to you. Thanks again for the lend.

LOL Well, we try. We don't always get it right at first. TNT has been sneaky in the past. This WeaPen, I was thinking, would most likely be a decent constant. But my conclusion is that at this moment, it's only working with half the power it claims to have. It would be SO much easier if TNT could keep it's icons straight. One icon = x-damage, or a partial icon would mean partial damage. But, that would reduce the randomness and make the job of a weapon tester easier. ? lol Oh well. Thanks again!

You're very welcome, and let me know if and when you want to re-test it then. ?

I'd have expected weapons to be all over the place now, tbh, just because JS being who they are, the BD is clearly an extremely complex thing, so it's not at all surprising that things aren't working as they should is it, not with JS's track record, lol.

Thanks! I'll keep that in-mind! ?

It does seem like TNT is going farther from the "norm" as far as easy to test weapons go. TBH, I was surprised when I first started playing Neopets, and there were no default/generic attacks available for a new pet. I had to forfeit my first battle because I couldn't attack without a weapon. Forfeit instead of lose, because I went after Punchbag Bob. lol As I leveled up I found there were some species-specific abilities, that were level-based. Peophin Trample and Peophin Splash were two of them, the only names I can recall off-hand. Didn't do a LOT of damage, but sometimes it was just enough to eek out a win. ?
Anyway, with TNT releasing weapons with strange and unknown conditions, that makes the BP team's work that much more tricky, regardless of which fansite(s) they are affiliated with.

I THINK JS is still learning the Neopian business. I'm still disappointed that in how the Wraith Resurgence ended. Mainly the part about there being No "final boss". I also used a lot of potions to heal the injured pets, but didn't get that special healing potion that others did. I guess while I used more concoctions than necessary, I must not've made enough to qualify for that item. Luckily I don't need it, but just because I enjoy battling,  it would've made a nice collectable, or maybe if my Vandegyre ever decided to battle, would be more than she'd need at this time. But, oh well. lol As JS continues, they'll get into the swing of things. ?

Thanks again for the lend and offer of a future lend! ^_^

7 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I THINK JS is still learning the Neopian business. I'm still disappointed that in how the Wraith Resurgence ended. Mainly the part about there being No "final boss".

Hardtotame made some comment recently, when responding about something else that I can't remember, that they "don't want to make the same mistakes that they made with the plot". OFC we don't know what bits of it they see as mistakes, but at least they're clearly aware that they made them.

There being no final boss, well, it just basically ending abruptly, kind of leaves it open for things to continue/wrap up properly at a later date, maybe?