TAG - making people grind their teeth all across Neopia...

jellysundae

I sold my TAG stocks at 78.

Made over a million, no complaints there.

But it turns out TAG thinks it's Buzz Lightyear...

disclosure_closed.gif12.gif TAG
(profile)
178 183 +5 1,000 10,000 183,000 +1,730.00%

Will it EVER stop climbing ? ?

In situations like this it's REALLY hard to be content with the big whack of profit you already made, when you could have made a MASSIVE one if you'd held out and sold NOW.  ?

No wonder people who make their RL living playing the stock market drop dead from heart attacks a lot...

Yeah, I noticed it too, I was temped (again) to sell all or part of the 1k stocks I still have but didn't want to mess up the round numbers, so I kept them.

31 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yeah, I noticed it too, I was tempted (again) to sell all or part of the 1k stocks I still have but didn't want to mess up the round numbers, so I kept them.

HAHA , yes, me too. ?

I've resisted, SO FAR...

Heck, I sold back when they hit 30.   Buy at 15 (or 10 when I'm able), sell at 30, double my money.   Seems a solid system.... until things like this happen.

3 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Heck, I sold back when they hit 30.   Buy at 15 (or 10 when I'm able), sell at 30, double my money.   Seems a solid system.... until things like this happen.

Oh Ray, we'll have to train you out of this sell at 30 nonsense...

*rolls up sleeves and prepares to do some yellin'*  :ph34r:

12.gif TAG
(profile)
178 188 +10 1,000 10,000 188,000 +1,780.00%

Part of me is ITCHING to sell my last 1000, but another part is equally determined not to it would seem. ?

2 hours ago, Kute said:

Also this is hilarious...  TAG seems broken! 

Broken ? How come ?

(profile)
178 191 +13 1,000 10,000 191,000 +1,810.00%

It's still going...

They go up there! I was like you at first but now I wait for 60 too, once they start climbing that is. 60 isn't rare, above 60 is though, so yeah TAG just teased us big time.

I was wondering if it was going to hit 200

(profile)
199 184 -15 1,000 10,000 184,000 +1,740.00%

Seems it's definitely thinking about it !

WAIT, having checked the board it peaked at 205. ?

8 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

How often do stocks even get to 60?  Most seem to hover around 20.

Some do seem to never do much, lol. HELT was one of those. First stock I ever bought so I remember wishing I'd not bothered as it then dropped below 15 and never got above even that for at least a year. ? But it did some steep climbing earlier this year and finally paid off. Stocks aren't something for the impatient, that's for sure, lol. Though having said that, they definitely can teach patience, so...

17 minutes ago, Duma said:

kids teach adults to be patient too lol. So start with stocks before you start with kids? ?

Well, they're both an equally long-term investment. Though not too many people manage to sell their kids off for a profit in 18 years time. ?

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Though not too many people manage to sell their kids off for a profit in 18 years time.

Yeah, but some times I wonder if setting up our marriages is kind of "selling" us "off" for profit? But without my parents help or input, I could make a big mistake and I respect that my religion allows me to seek their "help"/advice and stands by my right to make the ultimate decision/choice on who I marry. 

28 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Yeah, but some times I wonder if setting up our marriages is kind of "selling" us "off" for profit? But without my parents help or input, I could make a big mistake and I respect that my religion allows me to seek their "help"/advice and stands by my right to make the ultimate decision/choice on who I marry. 

That's quite a weighty question, isn't it. I have to admit that I don't approve of arranged marriages, because in past eras (medieval times and so on) those absolutely were selling a bride for profit, often to old men 3 times their age. In more recent times it's proved to be a really bad idea, too. Prince Charles' wedding to Diana was arranged and look what a disaster that turned out to be... I like your wording here though, it's clear that your family wouldn't force you to marry somebody. From what we've learnt about your mum she has far too much integrity to do something like that which is great.

and now look at what TAG's doing, takin' a plummet here. ?

(profile)
199 179 -20 1,000 10,000 179,000 +1,690.00%

I suppose I can see the logic of an arranged marriage in some cases.   Between nobility on olden times it made sense to keep peace between countries or clans.  But over all there's just too much that can go wrong.

I'm SO over it with TAG now, I can look at this with impunity.

(profile)
216 199 -17 1,000 10,000 199,000 +1,890.00%

216  :whaa:

*coughs*

TOTALLY. over. it.

Yup, not crying in the corner at all, not me.

:ph34r:

That 1k of stocks is at least keeping my portfolio in the black, the rest of things are looking a little bit sad at the moment aren't they.

1 hour ago, Kute said:

since TAG decided to claim the throne of my sorrow.

That's a lovely bit of purple prose there!

I guess TAG is like the vampire of stocks, and it's climbing the way it has by sucking the life out of all the others... ☠️