Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
jellysundae

I KNOW I'm being a bit of a hag pointing this out, but...

Recommended Posts

Because he's not awake but you CAN wake him up if you're lucky. But I've been looking at that notification myself a lot that it didn't make sense. It should just say something like: Turmy Time.  But I guess until someone feels like redoing the art and someone changing the picture on the site we'll be stuck with a sleeping turmy and you'll just have to know that it means your pet might be able to wake him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, but, he IS awake right now. :guiltysmiley:

Oh wait, is it basically that there's only one piece of artwork, so 23/24 hours per day that's accurate. It doesn't change to a different one when he actually IS awake? It just shows up at the top if you refresh/visit the Dailies page during his one hour of wakefulness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The artwork only shows up at his waking hour. Other times you just see this: " The Turmaculus cannot be woken up. "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to thank you right now for helping me see the obvious.... because I never knew that tab existed. My life saver right here @jellysundae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think (she says) that I've got it now, lol.

As you say he IS asleep, until we manage to wake him up, he is just wakeable at that point. If the art said it was time to visit him or similar it would be more accurate.

Has light final dawned in jelly brain, or do I need further cogitation yet, lol. :ph34r:

I have edited this SO many times to try and get it to make sense, lol.

EDIT

Oh hey, if my wandering in the brain-fog has inadvertently helped someone else then it's ALL GOOD @Kute 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently had a complete brain melt trying to understand the Turmy theory also!! I found http://www.neopets.com/~brownhownd which is an amazing Turmy resource (majorly impressed that anyone has devoted the time and energy to work this schedule out!) and I was flummoxed when I tried both "awake" times listed for a day and he never woke up. Then I went back and read the fine print again, and realized that during his "awake hour" he has the POTENTIAL to wake up, but you still have to be lucky - he will wake for some people during that hour but not for everyone. Man, was I confused, LOL.

I'm with you, the notification could be clearer, but in my mind, it kind of fits that it shows him still sleeping, since even during his awake hour I have terrible luck at actually waking him up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

 during his "awake hour" he has the POTENTIAL to wake up, but you still have to be lucky - he will wake for some people during that hour but not for everyone. Man, was I confused, LOL.

I use that site as well and when it's close to the hour I'm online I will try and wake him up. You can still see if your petpet just failed at waking him up or if it wasn't his time to wake up though. When you have no "try again?" button it was his waking hour but your petpet failed. If there is a try again button then it just wasn't turmy time yet. He will sometimes jump an extra hour (usually stated at that page) and of course there is AM or PM. Turmy just has a time set in a 12 hours clock but without AM/PM's. so 3 till 4 might be 3 AM or 3PM till 4 AM or 4PM. But it is ALWAYS just 1 hour per Neopian day.

 

I hope I'm making sense now for you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I think it's important to note that the alert you see on our main site is only there when someone manually activates it. That is almost always Duma! We can consider changing the text on the image to make more sense. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

We can consider changing the text on the image to make more sense. 🙂

STOP, IT'S TURMY TIME!

...

Now I'm imagining Turmy shocking the Neoverse by suddenly jumping up and busting some moves. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What all can Turmy do for you?   I think he's woken twice for me, once made my petpet heavier, and once gave a couple neopoints.   But then I remember he might eat my petpet, so I stopped trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rayd1978 said:

What all can Turmy do for you?   I think he's woken twice for me, once made my petpet heavier, and once gave a couple neopoints.   But then I remember he might eat my petpet, so I stopped trying.

He gives items, NP, levels and stats. And yes, sometimes he might eat your petpet. A lot of people actually want him to eat their petpet (me included) because you receive an avatar the first time he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah we're all monsters and WANT him to eat our petpets. 🙀

Yep, that's basically true! When I first started seriously collective avatars I visited him constantly with my cheapest petpet (before I found the site that forecasts when he will be awake) and it became such a habit... I recently loaded up all my pets with avatar-earning petpets (Quadrapus, Mazzew, etc) and it was several days later I clicked on "Wake Turmaculus" and realized, WAIT A MINUTE, don't eat THAT!!  Luckily he didn't and I have suspended my Turmy habit until my petpets age up for the avatars, but I would have felt really stupid if that had been the one time it worked! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Yep, that's basically true! When I first started seriously collective avatars I visited him constantly with my cheapest petpet (before I found the site that forecasts when he will be awake) and it became such a habit... I recently loaded up all my pets with avatar-earning petpets (Quadrapus, Mazzew, etc) and it was several days later I clicked on "Wake Turmaculus" and realized, WAIT A MINUTE, don't eat THAT!!  Luckily he didn't and I have suspended my Turmy habit until my petpets age up for the avatars, but I would have felt really stupid if that had been the one time it worked! 😂

My active pet's still got the cardboard Liobits he got when he was born as I'm waiting until Turmy eats him before my little guy gets a "proper" petpet. OFC because he's had the Liobits for nearly 4 years now I'm going to feel like I just fed Turmy a baby when he finally eats poor little Nolly. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

My active pet's still got the cardboard Liobits he got when he was born as I'm waiting until Turmy eats him before my little guy gets a "proper" petpet. OFC because he's had the Liobits for nearly 4 years now I'm going to feel like I just fed Turmy a baby when he finally eats poor little Nolly. 😅

LMAO... one of my pets ran around with his original Liobits for YEARS, his name was Origami 😄

I actually switched it out though, when I was trying to persuade Turmy to snack on my petpet because I'm oddly attached to him and since that petpet is a "no trade" I knew I couldn't replace him if he did get eaten!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turmy times are terrible. I am not waking up at 4 am to test my luck!!!  I think we would all have that avatar by now if not for the off times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

LMAO... one of my pets ran around with his original Liobits for YEARS, his name was Origami 😄

I actually switched it out though, when I was trying to persuade Turmy to snack on my petpet because I'm oddly attached to him and since that petpet is a "no trade" I knew I couldn't replace him if he did get eaten!

I feel ya! That little guy is cute, look at that face! cardboard_petpet_3.gif I don't want him to get et. Thing is though, my pet will be completely blasé about it, won't he. I'll give him a new petpet and he'll be all "I love my new whatever!". Like, Nolly who? Pfft!

3 hours ago, Kute said:

Turmy times are terrible. I am not waking up at 4 am to test my luck!!!  I think we would all have that avatar by now if not for the off times. 

Yeah, it's got to be one of the rarest avies out there I'd have thought. I try to use the timetable, but my addled brain hurts just looking at it, lol. I used to be able to work out time differences just like that *snaps fingers* but now it's most definitely one of the things that generates much :confused: between my ears. Also it doesn't help that I have the ability to forget something instantly... yesterday's Turmy time being a prime example. I checked that petpage, he might be awake in what turned out to be 5 minutes time, did I remember to try and wake him? Of course I didn't! 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×