Where is the birthday cupcake?

Vlagopus

So this year I finally remember my pet's birthday, and I went to this page. I was expecting a prompt that allows me to choose which cupcake I want, but all I see is a bunch of balloons.

Is there something else I need to do in order to claim the cupcake?

726261254_ScreenShot2018-08-01at19_55_10.png.49e807c5418f12c5606a584ceb1e310f.png

Thanks @jellysundae but nothing at the mall either. I tried switcher browser, having and not having the birthday pet as active pet, but still nothing ?

I read some past forum posts about this and everyone said pet look up. I was expecting to see something like this (screenshot in top post https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/43108-new-birthday-cupcakes-for-neopets-birthday/ ) Was it what you see yesterday?

21 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Thanks @jellysundae but nothing at the mall either. I tried switcher browser, having and not having the birthday pet as active pet, but still nothing ?

I read some past forum posts about this and everyone said pet look up. I was expecting to see something like this (screenshot in top post https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/43108-new-birthday-cupcakes-for-neopets-birthday/ ) Was it what you see yesterday?

Yep, that's what I saw, it says look up in guides, BUT, I also remember mine wasn't there straight away.

NO, WAIT... that was when I was looking at its look up when it was still in the Pound... hmmm. ?

I wonder... your look up isn't loading for me, the meepits message just stays there indefinitely, maybe there's some kind of problem, can you look at mine?

I think they're having a problem with popups. It should give you a popup with the cupcakes as you watch your pet's lookup, like you did. I think it's broken atm just like the battledome is broken. (Popup where you can pick a weapon/ability won't show up). I hope TNT fixes it before the end of the day. If not I would try sending a ticket, you never know!

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

@jellysundae I can see your look up just fine, but it did take longer than usual

Yours is loading straight away now, so maybe that means they're working on/have fixed whatever's been misbehaving. ?

10 hours ago, Duma said:

I think they're having a problem with popups. It should give you a popup with the cupcakes as you watch your pet's lookup, like you did. I think it's broken atm just like the battledome is broken. (Popup where you can pick a weapon/ability won't show up). I hope TNT fixes it before the end of the day. If not I would try sending a ticket, you never know!

I'm not having any issues with popups - I just equipped a scarab ring and the pop-up came up just fine (albeit after a brief delay, but I cleared my cached images a couple hours ago, so that's to be expected). Maybe check to make sure your settings allow pop-ups or try giving the page a little longer to load? 

EDIT: Oops, I see now that several other users have been having trouble with pop-ups as well. I'm using Chrome on my phone without any problems, but if you've already tried that browser then your only option is to submit a ticket. I hope they get that fixed soon!

Edited by BrassOtter

Gah! How have I been around for years and not known that pets were entitled to cupcakes on their birthdays?!

What do these mystical creations do? I mean, are they just for eating, or are they like the NC mall cupcakes that grant ability points and such?

*checks pet lookups*

OMG my pets birthdays are all next week... glad I didn't see this right AFTER their birthdays, LOL

23 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Gah! How have I been around for years and not known that pets were entitled to cupcakes on their birthdays?!

What do these mystical creations do? I mean, are they just for eating, or are they like the NC mall cupcakes that grant ability points and such?

*checks pet lookups*

OMG my pets birthdays are all next week... glad I didn't see this right AFTER their birthdays, LOL

They grant stats to the pet that eats it. HP, Strength or Defense.