Soup Kitchen Available to All

MinaxUmbra

I'm not sure if there are any posts about this yet, however, the Soup Kitchen will currently feed your pets regardless of how many Neopoints you have. While this is great news for anyone trying to get the avatar I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a glitch since there is no reason that the Soup Kitchen should be open for everyone. If it is a glitch could people be frozen for feeding their pets there since it is technically "exploiting a glitch"? It also is displaying the text from the Faerie Festival which is why I think it could be a glitch caused by all of the recent changes.

This happened a few months ago as well, I accidentally clicked the Soup Kitchen link from the dailies page and found that it was available. I checked it periodically and it was up for at least a week before returning to normal. It had the Festival notice up at that time too, even though it was not during Faerie Festival. My guess is that it is kind of a glitch - some setting is probably accidentally getting activated when they are updating other site content. As for whether people would get penalized for using it I don't know, since it doesn't award neopoints or items, but can award an avatar.

1 hour ago, DragonPhoenix said:

This happened a few months ago as well, I accidentally clicked the Soup Kitchen link from the dailies page and found that it was available. I checked it periodically and it was up for at least a week before returning to normal. It had the Festival notice up at that time too, even though it was not during Faerie Festival. My guess is that it is kind of a glitch - some setting is probably accidentally getting activated when they are updating other site content. As for whether people would get penalized for using it I don't know, since it doesn't award neopoints or items, but can award an avatar.

Oh it's to do with the Faerie Festival? Oops, I thought it must be something to do with the Dragoyle event - my bad! :axehead:

It was to do with the Faerie Festival. Hmmm, maybe the Soup Faerie's doing some quiet infiltrating here... a little surreptitious insinuation into every event that happens. ?

She's broadening her horizons, no longer content with only feeding the poor, she wants the soup monopoly over the whole of Neopia! ??

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

She's broadening her horizons, no longer content with only feeding the poor, she wants the soup monopoly over the whole of Neopia! ??

Haha...  yep lets go with this. A mildly evil plan by one of the good faeries is a much better explanation than that JS gets their wires crossed Every. Single. Time. there is an event.

Not that I mind the Soup Kitchen being active, I actually quite like that people could obtain the avatar without having to launder huge amounts of NP to side accounts and back again, it's more the principle of the thing. Now that we have noticed the pattern though, I can't wait for the next mini event after the Dragoyle hunt so we can test the theory and see if it goes on again!

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that the Soup Kitchen has returned to its regular rules ? I was able to feed my pets yesterday but just now it told me I had too many neopoints again. I didn't even manage to get the avatar ??