Flash games not working

cat_lover

Since Friday I have not been able to play flash games such as Deck Ball, Tyrannian mini golf, Escape to Kreludor, Hassee Bounce (to name just a few).

The buttons say either "undefined", are blank, or say NaN.  In case of deck ball, the game displays correctly but the score won't send.

For the others, I can click on what I know the buttons are, play the game, but the score won't send.

I've reloaded Adobe Flash but to no avail. 

Anyone know what's going on or when this might be fixed?

Thanks.

Forgot to add -  I am using Windows 10 and Firefox.  Games also do not work when I try them using MS Edge browser.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

I'm not really sure if this contributes, but aren't they working on updating games from flash to HTML5 ? I wouldnt be surprised if some break between now and then. 

I'm still on HTML 1 so idk whats going on ?

Has anyone else noticed that some things that are usually centred are now on the left of the screen, like the manager's pic and your account details in the bank, and the text at the top of the boards index. So something's being messed about with...

The crazy part about Adobe Flash is there are different versions, for different browsers. And, most browsers block Flash, so you have to enable Flash for Neopets, within the browser itself. Installing Flash alone doesn't mean Flash will work. To enable Flash for Firefox:

1. Open Firefox and go to www.neopets.com.

2. Once there, click on the circle with the "i" in the center, located directly to the left of the Neopets website in the address bar.

3. Click on the arrow pointing right, which is next to the "www.neopets.com" and "Connection Is Not Secure" information box.

4. Next, click on "More Information".

5. In the "Page Info" window that opens, click on the "Permissions" tab.

6. Scroll down/look for "Run Adobe Flash". Change it from "Ask" to "Allow".

7. Close the "Page Info" window.

8. Either close Firefox and reopen, or refresh the www.neopets.com webpage tab.

9. See if the games work.

If you aren't using one, you may want to install an ad blocker plugin or extension with your browser. Often, an ad is supposed to play before a game, but it doesn't. Using an ad blocker will block the ad an should take you straight to the game loading window. It also helps to clear your browser's cache (temporary Internet files), too. I'll post later on how to enable Flash for Edge.

10 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Oh my gosh, I thought I was going NUTS!  The bank manager has been off centre for me for a while now, and I was assuming it was a browser thing on my end.

Very happy to be able to confirm your sanity, Gilly‼ ?

Thanks to everyone for the help/advice.  This morning (Monday) everything is back to working perfectly. 

The types of things that were not working pointed to programming issues rather than my browser - I guess I should have been more patient.

I was unaware that neopets was switching to HTML5, so if this happens again I'll just take it in stride and not panic that the site I've been playing on for 18 years was broken

or that some of my favorite games were going away.

Have a great week!

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Has anyone else noticed that some things that are usually centred are now on the left of the screen, like the manager's pic and your account details in the bank, and the text at the top of the boards index. So something's being messed about with...

That's happened before (at least, to me) and I'm assuming it's to do with using an ad blocker. If the page is slow in loading, a black square will appear on the right near the bank manager, as if to load an ad, only to remember I've got an ad blocker installed, so it'll disappear, but the bank manager + info will still be on the left of the screen. I don't really know why this is happening now though, or why it stopped happening for me before (it was like this for ages for me, before the images suddenly centered themselves again).

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

That's happened before (at least, to me) and I'm assuming it's to do with using an ad blocker. If the page is slow in loading, a black square will appear on the right near the bank manager, as if to load an ad, only to remember I've got an ad blocker installed, so it'll disappear, but the bank manager + info will still be on the left of the screen. I don't really know why this is happening now though, or why it stopped happening for me before (it was like this for ages for me, before the images suddenly centered themselves again).

Interesting! ?

This is the first time it's happened to me. I have had those blank squares, where an ad's been blocked but its ghost is there if you like, but not for some time, but never anything that's moved things about, it's generally been a banner ad along the top.

• 10 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

The crazy part about Adobe Flash is there are different versions, for different browsers. And, most browsers block Flash, so you have to enable Flash for Neopets, within the browser itself. Installing Flash alone doesn't mean Flash will work. To enable Flash for Firefox:

1. Open Firefox and go to www.neopets.com.

2. Once there, click on the circle with the "i" in the center, located directly to the left of the Neopets website in the address bar.

3. Click on the arrow pointing right, which is next to the "www.neopets.com" and "Connection Is Not Secure" information box.

4. Next, click on "More Information".

5. In the "Page Info" window that opens, click on the "Permissions" tab.

6. Scroll down/look for "Run Adobe Flash". Change it from "Ask" to "Allow".

7. Close the "Page Info" window.

8. Either close Firefox and reopen, or refresh the www.neopets.com webpage tab.

9. See if the games work.

If you aren't using one, you may want to install an ad blocker plugin or extension with your browser. Often, an ad is supposed to play before a game, but it doesn't. Using an ad blocker will block the ad an should take you straight to the game loading window. It also helps to clear your browser's cache (temporary Internet files), too. I'll post later on how to enable Flash for Edge.

THANKS  SO MUCH YOUR SUGGESTION WORKED ON CHROME TOOOOOO