Faerie Abilities

Hi! My oldest pet just achieved level 100. I am trying to decide which ability would be the best. What is your experience with "FLOAT" and "BURROW"?

The article stated that "SHROUD" didn't work.....

I have plenty of faerie blessings saved up since it took me so long to get to this level, so I don't think that will be an issue.

Any advice? Thanks!

As with most things, it really depends on you.  Shroud is broken, so we won't consider it.  That leaves Float and Burrow. 
Float blocks part of light, water, and air, always.   So if your opponent uses those elements, you will always block some of the damage.
Burrow blocks all of three random icons.   If those are the damage types your foe uses, you can block all of the damage.  Or you might block none of the damage if the types are different.

Since I don't follow which foes deal what type of damage, so far as I care all incoming damage is random.  So I might randomly block some of the damage, or I might randomly block all of the damage.   Blocking all of the damage is better than blocking some of the damage, so to me, Burrow is the better choice.
If you carefully weight what sorts of damage you foe deals, compare what types of element you can block, and all those details, Float might be the better choice for you.   It's ultimately your call to make, and your play style to follow.

I chose Burrow out of those 3, though I admittedly hardly ever use it. As I'm not at all adept at battling I stick with the one-shot knock out method. But if I've been silly and bitten off more than I can chew with an opponent Burrow tends to be my last ditch attempt at not dying once I've used up Lens Flare, and my healer. I really need to learn to fully check out a new opponent and see if they are going to use any dirty tricks on me*.

*using Lens Flare on me is a dirty trick. ?

I've also picked Burrow since Shroud isn't working. I might pick Burrow if it works. But it really depends on the opponent. For now I picked Burrow since there are 3 out of 6 chances that damage gets blocked completely. So that's a 50/50 chance. If you KNOW your opponent does water/air/light damage, you might be better of with Float. 20 percent, with a 100% certainty is better than a 50% chance of nothing.

Like Jellysundae, I usually fight opponents I can 1 or 2 hit ko, since I have lens flare and warlocks rage, so I hardly use the level 100 ability.

13 hours ago, cassandrastorm said:

Thank you! I checked that guide, for some reason, I don't see the highlights mentioned. I am still not certain which one to choose. I am hoping that someone would have experience and prefer one over the other....Thoughts?

The "highlighted" areas have a light yellow around the icon for that ability. The others just have white around them.

The TDN Guide had help from a Neopian who is listed/given credit at the bottom of the guide. I don't know when he last updated his petpage on Faerie Abiltiies, but here it is. He uses a star-rating system placed beneath the ability's icon.
http://www.neopets.com/~_mariokart_

I think I chose Shroud, but I don't use it much so I don't know if it's working or not.

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

The "highlighted" areas have a light yellow around the icon for that ability. The others just have white around them.

Thank you for pointing that out, I was wondering what the high-lighted part was too, it's not especially noticeable.