Enter The Runway #62!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here.

Current theme: Greek, Roman or Egyptian Gods
Description: Pick a pet, pick a God(dess) and get creative!*
Entering period: Monday, August 13 - Sunday, August 19
Voting period: Monday, August 20 - Sunday, August 26

*It's probably a good idea to mention in your entry which god(dess) you chose, since I doubt all of use will know all of the classical gods. You can put it in the title, the description or just mention it separately, in which case I'll find a way to include it in your entry. (But the title would really be easiest.)

Let me know if you have any questions!

6 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Also, the Norse Gods are feeling a bit neglected :P

I was thinking the same! But there's also Asian gods and Mayan gods and so many other mythological Gods. Got to admit that mostly Greek/Roman/Egyptian and Norse are most common named in Europe though.

11 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

@raingoats Your entry looks lovely, but I think you're meant to send it via private message to @Nielo ?

Also, the Norse Gods are feeling a bit neglected :P 

@raingoats You nailed filling out the entry form, but yes, sending it to me would be better. :smile:

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

@Duma I'm not familiar with Asian and Mayan deities at all. If they're included in another round I'll definitely try to learn more about them

@jellysundae Your emoticons LOL how apt 

As for all the other gods not mentioned: feel free to send those to me as suggestions for future themes! That's how I get all the themes, including this one. I inherited a list (which was already quite substantial) from deboratibi when I took over, and people have sent me some themes since, so I've never needed to come up with one on my own. This grouping of Roman/Greek/Egyptian gods made sense to me though, since the Greek and Roman ones are pretty much the same gods with different names, and Egypt always seems tangentially related to Rome in my mind, because of Cleopatra. :P I never thought about adding the Norse (or any other) gods (even if I would consider altering themes I'd received), but that might also be because I'm just less familiar with them.

But if people are interested in more rounds like this one, I can definitely add Norse, Asian, Mayan, and other deities to the list. :D