New Avatar Released! Solution Unknown

hrtbrk

Ooh cool, it's fun, in theory lol, having to figure out how to get a new avatar!

The wording on the avie makes me wonder if it's something to do with the second half of the phrase that he's not actually saying...

Like if you manage to snag something decent from the dump you might get the avatar, but there isn't anything decent to nab, is there. BUT, maybe now there IS... ?

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, no matter what. Also, I'm amused by imagining the hoards of people swarming the dump now. ?

I'm not going to waste any of my 10 r.90+ items from the Money Tree spaces on nasty guck from the dump until what you need to do is discovered and confirmed though, lol.

46 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Like if you manage to snag something decent from the dump you might get the avatar, but there isn't anything decent to nab, is there. BUT, maybe now there IS... ?<span>

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, no matter what. Also, I'm amused by imagining the hoards of people swarming the dump now. ?

I'm not going to waste any of my 10 r.90+ items from the Money Tree spaces on nasty guck from the dump until what you need to do is discovered and confirmed though, lol.

I'm wondering that - since the avi seems to be called "Garbage Gem". Also I don't think Rubbish Dump items count toward your 10 limit from Money Tree?

40 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

I'm wondering that - since the avi seems to be called "Garbage Gem". Also I don't think Rubbish Dump items count toward your 10 limit from Money Tree?

Doesn't it, I thought it did, now I need to investigate! *whips out magnifying glass*

AH!

I was needlessly confusing myself there, wasn't I. I'm still gonna wait for some official info on this before I start rooting about in the garbage though. ?

So here is my theory, there are various different NPC's that donate to the dump, Farmer Ted, King Skral etc... 

Maybe picking up one item from each of these donors is a solution? There are 13 donors total so I'll need two days to test the theory but It's worth a shot.

Or maybe its picking up one of each item that is exclusive to the dump itself? either way this will be fun! :laughingsmiley:

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

I think we're allowed a max of 10 items a day from Rubbish Dump, Money Tree, and Second-hand Shoppe combined

That's what I thought, but the mouse-over info on the Dailies page just says the Money Tree and Second-hand Shoppe so it seems we've misled ourselves! ?

30 minutes ago, Luxina said:

So here is my theory, there are various different NPC's that donate to the dump, Farmer Ted, King Skral etc... 

Maybe picking up one item from each of these donors is a solution? There are 13 donors total so I'll need two days to test the theory but It's worth a shot.

Or maybe its picking up one of each item that is exclusive to the dump itself? either way this will be fun! :laughingsmiley:

I didn't know they gave stuff to the dump, but then it took me an embarrassingly long time to realise it's NPCs who give the decent items to the Second-hand Shoppe. :blush02:

I wonder what wild theories are developing on the boards, yours sounds pretty good, but there's gonna be some crazy ones around before we find out what's actually needed, isn't there. :laughingsmiley:

These thoughts are way more developed than the trash floating around the boards. Some people are off their rocker with theories there.  I'm just going to pick up 10 items every day see what happens until then. 

The thing that really bothers me though is that in the clue on news they said KASH..

What is KASH? -________-

4 minutes ago, Kute said:

These thoughts are way more developed than the trash floating around the boards. Some people are off their rocker with theories there.  I'm just going to pick up 10 items every day see what happens until then. 

The thing that really bothers me though is that in the clue on news they said KASH..

What is KASH? -________-

I think they were just rhyming to get to the word 'trash', to refer to the rubbish dump?

12 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I think they were just rhyming to get to the word 'trash', to refer to the rubbish dump?

true. I'm just being sardonic.  but still what the heck?  That truly through me off once people started deciphering the rhyme . Its not even neo related. 

2 minutes ago, Kute said:

true. I'm just being sardonic.  but still what the heck?  That truly through me off once people started deciphering the rhyme . Its not even neo related. 

Lol, sorry, I haven't been on the neoboards yet, so I had no clue people were actually doing that. XD

1 hour ago, Kute said:

Some people are off their rocker with theories there.

?

Already?!

I was thinking they'd take a couple of days at least to get to the really silly theories. But then again this IS the Neoboards we're talking about here... should have known better, shouldn't I. ?

31 minutes ago, Kute said:

Its intense. check it out ? Theres some good theories to follow up on, but most are crazy. haha. 

Oh no, first I only read some random thread about someone claiming to have the solution, which involved a blue Kacheek with an ash mote attached and battling someone, or whatever, which was obviously fake, not in the least because the poster didn't have the avvie equipped, but then I found the super long thread (part 2) about the things people have been trying, and they're seriously testing the blue Kacheek thing and I want to cry. XD

*Edit: The weirdest thing just happened when I was at the Rubbish Dump. I'd decided to get some of the food items, to feed them to my pets, in the unlikely case the whole 'one Neopet's trash, is another's treasure' could be as simple as using one of the items you pick up there. Anyway, I'd tried with several food items, when I noticed one I hadn't tried yet, the 'strange green seeds'. It was only after I'd already clicked on them, I noticed it said they'd been donated by me. :weird: (As I'd already clicked, I couldn't take a screenshot in time.) I'm 100% certain I didn't donate them though (obviously), and it seems highly unlikely that I've been hacked, as I'm currently logged into my account. So... is having your own name on there a normal thing for the Rubbish Dump? I don't usually spend much time there. (And no, getting them and feeding them to my pet did not get me the avvie. XD)

20 minutes ago, Nielo said:

It was only after I'd already clicked on them, I noticed it said they'd been donated by me. :weird: (As I'd already clicked, I couldn't take a screenshot in time.) I'm 100% certain I didn't donate them though (obviously), and it seems highly unlikely that I've been hacked, as I'm currently logged into my account. So... is having your own name on there a normal thing for the Rubbish Dump? I don't usually spend much time there. (And no, getting them and feeding them to my pet did not get me the avvie. XD)

I CAN ANSWER THIS‼ *jumps up and down excitedly*

Full disclosure, only because I read JN's Rubbish Dump guide earlier. ?

Apparently the dump shows YOU as having donated when it sees you hanging about, it's doing it to troll you. ?

23 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Oh no, first I only read some random thread about someone claiming to have the solution, which involved a blue Kacheek with an ash mote attached and battling someone, or whatever, which was obviously fake, not in the least because the poster didn't have the avvie equipped, but then I found the super long thread (part 2) about the things people have been trying, and they're seriously testing the blue Kacheek thing and I want to cry. XD

*Edit: The weirdest thing just happened when I was at the Rubbish Dump. I'd decided to get some of the food items, to feed them to my pets, in the unlikely case the whole 'one Neopet's trash, is another's treasure' could be as simple as using one of the items you pick up there. Anyway, I'd tried with several food items, when I noticed one I hadn't tried yet, the 'strange green seeds'. It was only after I'd already clicked on them, I noticed it said they'd been donated by me. :weird: (As I'd already clicked, I couldn't take a screenshot in time.) I'm 100% certain I didn't donate them though (obviously), and it seems highly unlikely that I've been hacked, as I'm currently logged into my account. So... is having your own name on there a normal thing for the Rubbish Dump? I don't usually spend much time there. (And no, getting them and feeding them to my pet did not get me the avvie. XD)

It's normal! If you refresh enough the rubbish dump plays a little "trick" and says you've donated lol. I stalked the boards so long last night their theories are cracking me up. 

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

I CAN ANSWER THIS‼ *jumps up and down excitedly*

Full disclosure, only because I read JN's Rubbish Dump guide earlier. ?

Apparently the dump shows YOU as having donated when it sees you hanging about, it's doing it to troll you. ?

Just now, kristanoel said:

It's normal! If you refresh enough the rubbish dump plays a little "trick" and says you've donated lol. I stalked the boards so long last night their theories are cracking me up. 

Thanks guys! :D The few times I'd visited the Rubbish Dump before, there was never really much there, so I guess it had simply never had the chance to troll me before. ?

I tried combining a "Ripped Kass Plushie" toy_dd_ripkassdoll.gifand an "Ash Mote" newmote2.gifin the Cooking Pot on Mystery Island. Unfortunately, Pango Pango wasn't impressed. Both would be considered "junk", aka "trash" items. Since neither worked, I threw them in the trash, "Discard Item", but nothing by doing that either.

EDIT: I attached a Petpet to my Gelert and zapped him at the "Petpet Laboratory". "Pan", the Altachuck, was turned into a "Pile of Soot". I decided to customize my Gelert and purchased a "Rubbish Dump Background" and saved that, as the background. I also placed a "Kass Basher Badge" and a "Kass Hand SockPuppet", both wearable, and saved. No avatar. I even looked at my pet's lookup and still no avatar. Wonder if a Blue Kacheek would work with the "Rubbish Dump Background" and a "Pile of Soot" petpet?

7 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Wonder if a Blue Kacheek would work with the "Rubbish Dump Background" and a "Pile of Soot" petpet?

Someone on the boards already tried that, no avatar either that way.