New Avatar Released! Solution Unknown

hrtbrk

Here's a theory to this avatar:

It's being awarded when the Rubish Dump is empty. If someone gets the avatar with stock still left in the Dump, let us know.

It looks like myself, @Duma and @junegal got the avatar with the dump being empty.

I spent a moment being amused by the green seeds I'd apparently donated, lol.

I wonder, if other people see the item the dump is saying you donated as being from you, or if they see it as donated by them...

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

The dump is empty, but no avatar for me. 

Me neither. Have been refreshing for a while, seen it both empty and bursting with items, but no luck. I saw a theory on the neoboards that it might be time sensitive, since the people who got the avatar seem to have gotten it between 1 and 3 am NST. Not sure if that's true though.

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Me neither. Have been refreshing for a while, seen it both empty and bursting with items, but no luck. I saw a theory on the neoboards that it might be time sensitive, since the people who got the avatar seem to have gotten it between 1 and 3 am NST. Not sure if that's true though.

Hmm, that could be. If that's the case, I hope it's also available in the PM, otherwise I won't be getting it anytime soon. I need my beauty sleep!

Hmm must be random then. That's too bad that some are getting it right away and others aren't. I did get the avatar on my main and my side between 1 and 3am NST so that could be it too.

From what I saw on the boards, it doesn't sound like anyone got the avatar like right at 1 am--although it's also not clear if anyone was actively at the Dump at 1 am trying-but-not-getting the avatar. I'm up and awake for the day (NST+9 ftw), and I'll be at home all morning packing (I am moving from Germany back to the US!!), so I will keep the Rubbish Dump open and refresh every fifteen or so minutes to determine the exact time the avatar becomes available. I'm sure others will be doing this too, but I can at least also contribute my data point lol

Also on the boards I saw that apparently the "Kash" in TNT's clue was actually a typo that was fixed this Neopian morning to "Kass." 

Eek so I had a think about the rhyme thing and even tried the (probably) obvious and took myself to Darigan Citadel and followed the link to Battle for Meridell and had a re-read through the battle, found on chapter 14 where Kass got turned to a pile of ash. So if anybody was about to try that out - it didn't work obv. haha. 

Well, I need to get off the internet but I can tell you that between 10 pm and 1:45 am NST the avatar was not available.... maybe it's only available for an hour or two but the exact time of that window changes from day to day? I don't think it would be like a Magma Pool thing where everyone's time is different, because on the boards yesterday I never saw a person say that they failed to get the avatar during the window when people were posting that they did get it. 

Also possible is that the avatar being refresh-available yesterday was a glitch :P (tbh that's what I think is most likely)

Yesterday I (and some others) got it around 2:20 AM NST. I'm going to try on a side account now. I've been refreshing from time to time myself today but haven't gotten it yet. I'll see what happens after 2 am

Edit: kept refreshing on my side until after the time I got it on my main yesterday but no avatar. I've seen the dump both with and without items. It still remains a mystery.

Edited by Duma

• 1 month later...

I am glad they activated this avatar so that it is working properly - I just wish TNT would give us a hint, as they stated in the Editorial they would.. I have grabbed three different items and refreshed lots at the dump, but no avatar yet. Maybe it`s random..

I saw this too... while I'm glad that hardtotame and the rest of TNT have apparently triumphed over the Binary Supagoo and the meepits for the moment, I have a lot less drive to solve it than I did when it first came out. You'd think they'd float us a hint for making us wait, but I'm betting they'll hold out a while.

its a bit daunting to have to start over with experimenting on solutions. I feel the community is lethargic a bit. haha. No one on the boards said they got it last night at the old time of between 1-2 or whatever it was. So perhaps the solution has changed. As much as this annoys me I cant help but to lurk around. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will also keep an eye on it tonight too for as long as I can stay up. I've already been randomly popping in and out at the rubbish dump for the last couple days and grabbing items randomly but nothing is happening (I assume because, if said theory is correct, the items I am grabbing are 'worthless'; for lack of a better term). Hoping we can figure out the solution soon!

9 hours ago, Kute said:

However everyones saying it was a fluke and they were testing it -____- how could they know that? they cant. 

Come now, this is the Neoboards we're talking about here... from one person's guess to everyone's solid fact in the blink of an eye. ?

It's basically the Neopets' version of that old joke...

What's the definition of light speed - the amount of time between the lights turning green and the person behind you hitting their horn.