Game score under review?

burntpastryies

I just submitted a score for the Lost City Lanes game, which I have never played until today, and got a message saying "Your score is be reviewed by staff. If it is deem valid you will receive your neopoints and go into the high score table" . Should I be worried or is it probably just nothing?

**Edit. Shortly after I posted this it ended up being deemed valid. I just found it odd because I have never seen that message before. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yea it happens when you get a questionable score. Especially from a game you've never had a high score in before or have played before. Its nothing to worry about, its just checking to see if you are using a cheating program. 

They say 

We also cannot comment on the specific reasons why a particular score may get flagged for review; this information would allow users who actually do cheat to find ways to get around getting caught in the future.

but i mean its obvious. 

Every game has a limit to get a flag. It's automatic. Some scores are pretty low for the game and you'll get the message basically everytime. For other games it's higher than the max you can get at that game and you'll never see it. (or so high up you probably will never see it). These kinds are usually quickly resolved, my bet is they just check the score, if it's well within the range a lot of people score, they just click a button to accept them.

If you do get a (questionable) high score in a game you haven't played much there is also a flag that sometimes takes a little longer to get approved. That's the time they actually check whether or not a cheat has been used. Still nothing to worry about if you don't cheat.

Pretty sure Lost City Lanes in particular has a fairly low review score threshold; I remember I played it for the first time in Daily Dare and absolutely everybody who was going for AAA's score got theirs flagged for review.

• 4 weeks later...

Two days ago I spent about an hour or so playing Hannah and the Kreludor Caves. I got a score of about 70,000 which was flagged for review. It still hasn't appeared on the high score tables, which really bugs me. I had a chance at a gold trophy the night I played it. Thankfully it's still in the silver range if I remember correctly, but it's taking them a looooong time.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:15 PM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Two days ago I spent about an hour or so playing Hannah and the Kreludor Caves. I got a score of about 70,000 which was flagged for review. It still hasn't appeared on the high score tables, which really bugs me. I had a chance at a gold trophy the night I played it. Thankfully it's still in the silver range if I remember correctly, but it's taking them a looooong time.

I totally agree! I waited 10 days for my Spinacles score to be reviewed. At the time I would have qualified for Gold. So I sent in a higher score that would place me in the gold according to the updated scores and I'm still waiting. Very disappointed.

This must happen to people every single month. I guess it's one of those things where the entire system needs a complete overhaul though, so a fix won't happen any time soon.