I can't cancel Coincidence quest

kjl

10 hours ago, LordFarquaad said:

Can you be a little more specific?

When i click the green button, nothing happens. When I refresh the page, the same quest remains and I still can't cancel it.

The same thing happens the next day I check.

I am using Chrome 

image.thumb.png.e5bd671f028d2ce115bbf8ecb8b2f5c1.png

That's really odd, the green button should cancel the quest. Like Nielo said, you could try another browser but if that's not possible or doesn't work either I would sent a ticket to TNT. Not much else you can do afaik.

@kjl I can't tell you how to fix this error, but I can tell you that I have been having this same problem!! Also using Chrome, so maybe it's a browser-specific issue... but I don't really know why it would be a problem ? 

4 hours ago, kjl said:

When i click the green button, nothing happens. When I refresh the page, the same quest remains and I still can't cancel it.

The same thing happens the next day I check.

I am using Chrome 

image.thumb.png.e5bd671f028d2ce115bbf8ecb8b2f5c1.png

Hmmm... my bad, must be a different issue entirely in that case

11 hours ago, okkusu said:

I've had the same problem for a few weeks. Unable to cancel the quest.

Are you also using Chrome? (And if so, have you tried different browsers?)

*Edit: Never mind, I just tried cancelling a quest on Chrome and it worked fine for me. ?

On 8/20/2018 at 1:58 AM, jaydeed said:

Or maybe just do the quest? I know it can be a little expensive at times but not outrageous amounts.

i cleared a previous quest that was quite expensive as well just to get a new one haha

On 8/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, Nielo said:

Are you also using Chrome? (And if so, have you tried different browsers?)

*Edit: Never mind, I just tried cancelling a quest on Chrome and it worked fine for me. ?

Thanks for the info ?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

On 8/23/2018 at 4:29 AM, Nielo said:

Let us know if it works, although since @kjl is using Chrome, I don't think this is a browser issue.

It actually didn't work with Chrome — still stuck on the quest unable to cancel. The green button comes up but doesn't respond to anything. Not sure why it's happening, but a similar error has been occurring lately with selecting Battledome of the Obelisk guilds, although that can be worked around by changing the page zoom level…

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and fork out for the quest items.

13 hours ago, okkusu said:

It actually didn't work with Chrome — still stuck on the quest unable to cancel. The green button comes up but doesn't respond to anything. Not sure why it's happening, but a similar error has been occurring lately with selecting Battledome of the Obelisk guilds, although that can be worked around by changing the page zoom level…

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and fork out for the quest items.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be Chrome, since you and kjl had been using different browsers. I have no clue what it could be. ?

I haven't seen any complaints about it on the neoboards, so it doesn't seem to be very widespread. Have you tried clearing your cache?

• 2 weeks later...

This is also happening to me and it is horribly frustrating. The cancel pop up appears, I can click "No, I don't want to cancel!!" or the "X" just fine, but I can't click "yes I will try again later". Also like @LordFarquaadit has prevented me from playing kiko pop also, I can't click many of the buttons there either. I have tried on both safari and chrome, so it's definitely not a browser issue.

I have seen a few topic on the "Help" Neoboards about this same issue:

ref: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159618341

Unfortunately, it doesn't affect everyone and there can be different reasons. A few even posted that it wasn't working, then just started working, then stopped working, again. So, here are a few things you can try:

• Someone mentioned the ads were causing their issue. If you aren't currently using one, try installing an ad blocker extension/plugin for your browser and try again.
  • Another mentioned it was their antivirus program that was causing their issue. See if there is someway to allow websites, or Flash within the antivirus program.
  • Make sure Flash is installed and/or updated and enabled for Neopets, within your browser. Kiko-Pop is Flash based. Chrome has Flash "built-in", but you still need to "allow" it for Neopets within Chrome. Firefox and Safari don't come with Flash installed, so it must be downloaded and installed from Adobe. Once installed, you still have to enable Flash for Neopets within Firefox and Safari. Flash for Edge and Internet explorer are updated within Windows, with Windows Updates. And, as all other browsers, you still have to enable Flash for Neopets within those browsers, too.
  • Make sure your browser is updated.
  • Sometimes clearing your browser's cache (temporary Internet files) helps, too.
  • If all else fails, and you have a mobile device (smart phone, tablet), download and install the "Puffin" browser and try from there. Puffin is a "Flash enabled" browser - it can display Flash content. Sure, it might be a bit inconvenient, but if it lets you play Kiko-Pop or select an Obelisk faction,  then it might be worth it. It is free.

It could be another extension/plugin that could cause the problem, or using "Private" or "Incognito" mode. You could try disabling all extension/plugins, except for Flash and see if it works. If it does, then one of the extension or plugins you are using is causing the issue. Try turning each extension/plugin on, one at a time, and try again. Keep doing that, until it stops working. When it stops working, the last extension/plugin you enabled is the one causing the issue. Depending on the extension/plugin, you might be able to make an "exception" for Neopets within it. If you normally use "private" or "incognito" mode, try "regular" mode. If they start working, then you might see if you can make exceptions for Neopets when using those modes, or just have to use regular mode when playing Kiko-Pop, or selecting Obelisk factions/Concidence.

Other than that, everyone uses their computers differently and uses different programs and plugins, so it can be difficult to troubleshoot the issue over the Internet.

• 2 weeks later...

@kjl @torgie @okkusu @charelan @xanthocomically

I have the same kind of issue with Fashion Fever, with clicking on the END GAME button... well, I can't actually click it, nothing happens.

What I've found works is RIGHT-CLICKING on the game.

R4b1svR.jpg

Once that pop-up is over the end game button it stays red and I can click on it no problem.

This might also work with The Coincidence?

17 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@kjl @torgie @okkusu @charelan @xanthocomically

I have the same kind of issue with Fashion Fever, with clicking on the END GAME button... well, I can't actually click it, nothing happens.

What I've found works is RIGHT-CLICKING on the game.

R4b1svR.jpg

Once that pop-up is over the end game button it stays red and I can click on it no problem.

This might also work with The Coincidence?

I will definitely try this next time it acts up!

14 hours ago, xanthocomically said:

.... I went to go try this method, and of course this time when I clicked on the button to cancel the quest it worked right away!! ? 

HAHAHA, yup, so typical! xDDD

Something in your back pocket for if things start misbehaving again though, I've found it works for me in other areas where clicking has become troublesome, like on the maps.