Hannah And The Pirate Caves ShockWave Error

NeopetsFanBoy

No matter what I do Hannah And The Pirate Caves will not work, I keep getting a shock wave error with a sad Faerie Usul, I have updated my shock wave so many times, I even uninstalled it just to re-install it, I restart my computer every time I try to update it like it says to do, I tried using Google Chrome, Internet explorer, and fire fox, I use windows 10 with a Lenovo laptop, I tried every laptop and computer that my friends and family own, all different types of computers with an updated shock wave player, none of them work, at this point I think this game is just broken or something? Any chance you guys know how to fix this game?

It's been over 8 years since I was able to play this game... Please help

The game is indeed broken. There are a few that are broken. About 5 to 10 years ago there were workarounds to be found on the web but not sure after so many time if they still are and if they would still work. Neopets is busy with a transition away from flash and all so who knows. Once everything is adjusted they might have fixed this game and all the other shockwave games too.

I think it has something to do with modern web browsers not supporting the games that require the shock wave plug in. I was able to play these games on Safari a few months ago, but Safari was so slow and supposedly unsafe so I gave up on them.

Safari is the only browser I have not tried, I really wanted to get this game working, it's one of my favorites, I think I'm gonna try Safari 

because I recently checked the high scores have gotten updated,  someone who got the top high score and their account was only two months old, so somehow people can still play, I sent TNT an email, maybe they can do something.

TNT replied back and they did not help at all sadly

TNT: These are available as is, meaning some users will not be able to use them.
They are kind of touch and go, we keep them up as we know some users enjoy them but we also know that they won't work for others ?
sorry.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Please take a look at a post I made a while ago about the Shockwave games:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48456-shockwave-games/?tab=comments#comment-826639

The games are still playable, but most modern browsers, like Chrome (natively) and Firefox, no longer support the Shockwave plugin. Edge never did. Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension is the easiest way, IMHO, plus, you can play the three 3DIVA games with that "combo", too. If you have any questions, please post.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:45 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Please take a look at a post I made a while ago about the Shockwave games:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48456-shockwave-games/?tab=comments#comment-826639

The games are still playable, but most modern browsers, like Chrome (natively) and Firefox, no longer support the Shockwave plugin. Edge never did. Chrome, with the "IE Tab" extension is the easiest way, IMHO, plus, you can play the three 3DIVA games with that "combo", too. If you have any questions, please post.

Thank you so much! it finally works, I did the IE Tab with Chrome, but now I'm getting a black block covering the left side of the screen, I can barely see the bottom of Hannah's dress, any chance you know how to fix this? It's really hard to play with it in the way (I already googled it, but didn't found a clear fix for it)

1 minute ago, NeopetsFanBoy said:

Thank you so much! it finally works, I did the IE Tab with Chrome, but now I'm getting a black block covering the left side of the screen, I can barely see the bottom of Hannah's dress, any chance you know how to fix this? It's really hard to play with it in the way (I already googled it, but didn't found a clear fix for it)

If you read the update I made "UPDATE - 13 July 2017" in that post, you can get rid of the "black box" issue, if you use an older version of Shockwave, one from around 2006 - which is when most of those games were created. You must first uninstall the current version of Shockwave installed, and I recommend rebooting afterwards, and then installing the "older" version. I use 10.1.3.018 and used to have a download source, but either they removed it, or the page no longer displays properly with the latest version of Firefox. Please note, using an old version of Shockwave can put your computer's security at risk, as Shockwave has been updated several times for security flaws. As I mentioned before, use Chrome with "IE Tab" ONLY on Neopets and ONLY when playing the Shockwave games - don't open other tabs and surf elsewhere. When done playing the Shockwave games, logout and close out of the "IE Tab" tab, and close and reopen Chrome. Then surf normally. You should be ok, but play the games AT YOUR OWN RISK. Again, post if you have questions.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

If you read the update I made "UPDATE - 13 July 2017" in that post, you can get rid of the "black box" issue, if you use an older version of Shockwave, one from around 2006 - which is when most of those games were created. You must first uninstall the current version of Shockwave installed, and I recommend rebooting afterwards, and then installing the "older" version. I use 10.1.3.018 and used to have a download source, but either they removed it, or the page no longer displays properly with the latest version of Firefox. Please note, using an old version of Shockwave can put your computer's security at risk, as Shockwave has been updated several times for security flaws. As I mentioned before, use Chrome with "IE Tab" ONLY on Neopets and ONLY when playing the Shockwave games - don't open other tabs and surf elsewhere. When done playing the Shockwave games, logout and close out of the "IE Tab" tab, and close and reopen Chrome. Then surf normally. You should be ok, but play the games AT YOUR OWN RISK. Again, post if you have questions.

So I'm still trying different version's of older shockwave players, so far none work, either I get a shockwave error, The game gets stuck on the loading screen or the game crashes.

I have downloaded over 15 different shockwave players and not one worked : ( I will just play Hannah and the Ice caves I guess, Thank you for the help

Edited by NeopetsFanBoy

I discovered this recently too, tried everything but kept getting that Usul. : ( Makes you really feel old. I hope they will update those games someday as those avatars are now unobtainable. I hope the whole site just upgrades to HTML5 one of these days. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...