Mystery Portal...

Vlagopus

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That plot killed me, drove me nuts and I lost the will to live and didn't/couldn't finish it, lol. People got frozen for using guides, too. ? I wish I could remember the details, but I just remember that one of the ladies in the guild I was in had it happen to her. Seems a pretty unreasonable thing for TNT to do, but... ?‍♀️

I didn't finish it either. It was one of the first major site events I encountered after starting to play Neopets in college, and I remember wanting so badly to complete each and every step, and then basically dying in the 1000 door tomb.

@Kute  said "Were you not able to get one from the event? I think two (the regular and the electric) go for like 20K ish right now in shops."

I never saw an option.  I did get the jewelry boxes but no offer of a petpet.  I did miss a day.  Was it only on one day?

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That plot killed me, drove me nuts and I lost the will to live and didn't/couldn't finish it, lol. People got frozen for using guides, too.

I was very little at that time of that Desert Plot with 1000 doors, I think that's when my mom's account got frozen :crying_anim: and I couldn't play with my Yellow Grarrl on her account any more.

My sisters have tried to get her to go back on and just start over with a new account but she is still very cautious and not willing to go through getting frozen "out of the blue" like that again. 

23 hours ago, Kute said:

I wish I could remember for what plot / event that was for. It had to be like.. 15+ years ago. And you may be right. It couldve just been clues people found. 

20 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Have been some pretty obscure clues in plots past.   I also do not recall details, but I do recall something about page code.   I think it was something along the lines of being randomized, so you had to try out the 500 different possible combonations to see which was the right one for you.... OR you could glance at the code and know right away.

Interesting! I wonder if they knew people would check the code, or if it was more of an accident.

My account is pretty old, but for the first few years I had no idea plots were a thing, and I wasn't that active on Neo anyway, so I missed a ton of cool stuff. XD

7 hours ago, Trea said:

@Kute  said "Were you not able to get one from the event? I think two (the regular and the electric) go for like 20K ish right now in shops."

I never saw an option.  I did get the jewelry boxes but no offer of a petpet.  I did miss a day.  Was it only on one day?

Along with the jewellery box, you should have received an item each day, but like @Vlagopus said, the items were random for each user. The TDN guide lists the possible items you could receive, and they include the Electric Dragoyle.

@Nielo I did get some random things.  I don't even remember what they were now, but no Dragoyle.  *sigh*  I may buy one.

@midnight_spell360 Thank you so much!!  They're adorable.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

2 hours ago, Trea said:

@midnight_spell360 Thank you so much!!  They're adorable.

Oooo which one did you get???

So I'm sure most of you have read it already in the NT but heres the quote about the portals. 

Hi all, Happiest of Happy Fridays! The Brightvale event is coming next week, apologies for all the build up we wanted to ensure testing was all complete. There seems to be some trouble obtaining the newest avie so we will release some new clues next week on how to grab it for yourself. It's a short one this week but just wanted to say once again we appreciate all of you Neopians filling this community with laughter and plain epicness. We couldn't do this without you and we are constantly trying to find new ways to improve, so thanks for staying on this ride with us.

Also can I just take 1 moment to LOL at my pain for staying up til 2AM NST a few nights in a row for the avatar thats broken.  ? Dang freakin TNT. 

17 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

I noticed that I can right click on the new Meridell map to open link in a new tab, which wasn't possible in the old maps. But I can't do the same on the Brightvale map, does anyone know why?

I think it's how they coded it. The Brightvale links want to "view image", instead of "open link in new tab". Could be an oversight. Might want to open a ticket, or submit a question to the Neopian Times Editor.