Coconut Shy Explosion

Rayd1978

How rare is it to have a coconut explode in Coconut Shy?    I know it's very rare, but how very?   One in a million?   One in a billion?    Have any of you had it happen?    I've gotten a coconut knocked down twice, just doesn't feel complete unless I've blown one up, wondering how long I'll need to keep at it.

I wish I could remember to play the coconut shy so I could at least hope for it to explode. ?

I'll go and do it right now, because it's bound to do it, right?!

?

Of course what we all REALLY want to see is a coconut bopping that Leeroy on the noggin, let's see him do that creepy laugh after that. :hmmph:

2 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I can wobble those coconuts all day long

That

yeah sorry, my mind went STRAIGHT into the gutter upon reading this. ?

:ph34r:

I think I'm not missing out hugely by forgetting to play this the majority of the time, am I, it's a tough avatar to get, and the BIG prize seems close to impossible.

3 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I've been playing it for about six months since I started seriously collecting avatars. I can wobble those coconuts all day long, but I haven't even knocked one down yet. I only know that they can explode because it's in the avvie description lol

It'll happen! I think it took me about 7-8 months before I finally knocked one down, but I've knocked down several since (sometimes only one month apart), so your luck will change eventually.

I've never seen one explode either though; I know I must've read the avatar description, but I'd forgotten that it's even possible. XD

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

yeah sorry, my mind went STRAIGHT into the gutter upon reading this.

I'm starting to think your mind is never NOT in the gutter... ?

On a completely serious note, if there were a Coconut Shy Trophy, it might be the perfect complement to our previous Altador snail-like trophy ? I'm surprised no one tried to make one during the NeoCreation Week on Facebook

24 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

I'm starting to think your mind is never NOT in the gutter... ?

You say this

24 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

On a completely serious note, if there were a Coconut Shy Trophy, it might be the perfect complement to our previous Altador snail-like trophy ?

and then this... ?

*shuffles over in gutter to make room for Vlago*

?

43 minutes ago, Nielo said:

It'll happen! I think it took me about 7-8 months before I finally knocked one down

Ah, that's not so bad. I'm aware it might take me years(especially when I don't remember to play it!) but knowing it could only be months makes me more hopeful. ?

12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Ah, that's not so bad. I'm aware it might take me years(especially when I don't remember to play it!) but knowing it could only be months makes me more hopeful. ?

Remembering to actually play definitely helps. ? But I think this game depends entirely on luck. I know the TDN guide mentions placing your cursor on the letter 'a' for better aim, but, honestly, I don't think it's really possible to aim in this game. I tend to alternate between all the 'a's' in 'play again', and it doesn't matter at all which one I pick. Or how well my cursor is placed on it. I do usually "aim" for the coconut in the middle, but I'm not even sure that matters. Just find a spot where you'll occasionally hit a coconut and keep clicking there. :P

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

yeah sorry, my mind went STRAIGHT into the gutter upon reading this. ?

:ph34r:

Heh,  my mind spends a fair bit of time there anyway, it's not so bad a place to visit, really. 

That said,  I seem to have a natural talent for inadvertently using words and phrases that have an entirely different meaning in other cultures' slang. Once asked a really cute dude sitting at the counter at the cafe where I work if he wanted a "warm up" (he was drinking coffee and I had just poured myself a cup and was still holding the coffee pot) and he turned BRIGHT RED and his buddy started laughing at him. Apparently the dude was from Australia or New Zealand, can't recall now, but apparently "warm up" has a very dirty slang meaning over there. I never did get the whole story, he was  so embarrassed that I felt bad and quickly went back to the bakery where I belonged :angel:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts on topic and remember there might be people/kids on the forum from those countries.

I honestly thought the coconut exploding thing was a myth, but there's this image off the guide, so

coconutshy-500k.jpg

Is it even possible to get this screen anymore, actually? Nowadays, whenever you knock down a coconut, it plays the falling animation and then just gets stuck. No popup of the Quiggle or "points won" thing appears. You do get the coconut (and maybe the avatar), but it just doesn't show that results screen like it normally would.

171 days, I've knocked down a coconut twice.   I tend to play by putting the cursor over the second 'a' in 'play again', and typically lose about 1000 NP a day.   Sometimes hit, sometimes wobble, and sometimes I'm pretty sure the ball you throw is rigged so you can't aim it straight.   Both times I won, the coconut dropped, and the game froze.   But I did get the prize points and evil coconut.   I don't know for sure if exploding is still possible, I've yet to hear of anyone who's done it recently.

10 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Is it even possible to get this screen anymore, actually? Nowadays, whenever you knock down a coconut, it plays the falling animation and then just gets stuck. No popup of the Quiggle or "points won" thing appears. You do get the coconut (and maybe the avatar), but it just doesn't show that results screen like it normally would.

That's a good point, I've wondered about that too. Maybe, just like knocking one down and getting the avatar + prize, exploding one is still possible, but the screen won't show up? You might just suddenly have a lot more NP.

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

You might just suddenly have a lot more NP.

And maybe be smitten by the tax beast before you realised and got to put it away in the bank... ?

I feel like it'll display the exploding animation and then freeze.

Kinda disappointing. I really want to be able to see the look on that Quiggle's face when I finally beat him at his stupid rigged game.

Happy Dance!!

Didn't get an explosion, but did just get a coconut to fall... then went to finish out my set and knocked down a second one!   So I have fairly good luck with knocking them down.... still waiting for an explosion.

2 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Happy Dance!!

Didn't get an explosion, but did just get a coconut to fall... then went to finish out my set and knocked down a second one!   So I have fairly good luck with knocking them down.... still waiting for an explosion.

You knocked down two in one set?! :whaa: "Fairly" good luck? ?

I didn't think that was possible. (The guide on here mentions knocking down two in one month as a really good result, and honestly, I think my record is two in two months, and considering it took me so long before I finally got one, I was really happy with that. XD)

6 hours ago, Nielo said:

You knocked down two in one set?! :whaa: "Fairly" good luck? ?

Four in 176 days.   I have no idea what the 'average' is, but pretty confidant I'm currently above average.