Brightvale Portals Open!

hrtbrk

Darn it! I guess I haven't been paying attention because I did not realize you could do the portals more than once per day. I put off doing my 1st trial until just now. I hope this does cause me to lose out on anything at the end of the week. Does anyone know if we have to complete a certain number of trials per day or per week? I did change the pet I am using for the experiments. So here are my results...

Experiment Log

You don't look ready for another trial. Come back after 5 hr and 57 min to test another portal.
Trial 1        Your Pet Kadue is not affected!         bvb_bightvalepreserve.gif mall_brightvalebook_violet.gif

I don't think there will be a minimum number of times because of the timer. It reminds me a bit to Grave Danger. Who knows, maybe they'll just make it a new daily, but one where the effects don't go away? Like an extreme labray.

Anyway, trial 3 for me:

I got the spots again, this time I didn't try to read it and just copied the text: You feel a tightness around your upper body and for a few moments, all you can see is bright spots of light that are constantly disappearing and appearing in different places. Is this what the future looks like?

My Pet turned red and I got the following item:

image.png Poems of Brightvale

First things first, here's your reward for helping me out! You can go check your inventory for a:

bvb_ancientarcana.gif
Ancient Arcana

Also, this book here is full of ancient knowledge, but the text has disappeared over time. Can you please pick up a Magic Lens and help restore the words on the pages? I really need the information in there, and I’ll reward you well for your help.

mall_brightvalebook_maroon.gif
Blank Maroon Tome

I wonder what this NC item's gonna be...

I'd like to do this thing every 6 hours, but in practice, I only get around to doing it once a day.

For my third trial I got a Scroll of Three Curses:

bvs_scroll_threecurse.gif

And my pet was unaffected again. (I wonder if seeing the blue page with white dots that @Duma mentioned earlier, is related to your pet being affected? I saw it on my first trial, but not on the next two, and only the first trial had any effect on my pet. Could be just a coincidence though, as I have no idea if it's been the same for anyone else.)

I've actually been mostly doing computer tasks at grad school this week, so I've been able to visit the portal with regularly! In this last attempt I did get a duplicate of a prize I got before (Honour in Conduct, which is not a plot-exclusive prize). 

image.png.6573557bebbcc16d86bf83e55bba06eb.png

Here are updates, from after I posted yesterday, and for today, so far:

Trial 8 Your Pet Solei711 is not affected! bvb_lovetolearn.gif
Trial 7 Your Pet Solei711 is not affected! bvb_knowledge_honor.gif
Trial 6 Your Pet Solei711 is not affected! bvb_dunguses.gif mall_brightvalebook_maroon.gif
Trial 5 Solei711 cannot find Yellow Worm in the inventory. Did it just become invisible ? bvb_dandydecimalsys.gif

Even though it is saying Solei is not affected, he is now asking I call him "Dr." and insists I get him one of these:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, floralpattern said:

Here is what I got, but what is the magic lens? Is it a NC item we need to buy?

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.29.46 PM.png

Yes, the Magic Lens is an NC item. I think I paid 125 nc for it. I have opened 2 and received a different prize for both of them. There is also a guide in this forum...

NC Mall Blank Tomes!

5 hours ago, Duma said:

image.png

My pet had his intelligence reduced from 34 to 31. And I received an Ice Mote.

i got this as well but my Pet wasn't affected 

Trial 6 Your Pet darkinvention is not affected! bv_fruit2.gif mall_brightvalebook_green.gif

Oh whoops, I forgot all about this so far today ?

Trial 7 Your Pet Tatofase is not affected! bv_watermelon_wisdom.gif mall_brightvalebook_green.gif

Is zombie the only colour pets are being changed to? The implications behind that are a little ominous. ?

I'm not happy right now. My Chocolate Kougra, Acinaciform, went from her beautiful Chocolate coat to basic Red! Now, I'm looking for a new color for her.

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I'm not happy right now. My Chocolate Kougra, Acinaciform, went from her beautiful Chocolate coat to basic Red! Now, I'm looking for a new color for her.

If you are happy with chocolate please don't do anything drastic just yet. Your pet will return to normal after the week is up. We wouldn't want you to spend NP on a new color only to find out it will be gone in a week. Hang in there!

granny

The lightbox notification's no longer working properly for me, is it for you guys? OFC I didn't think to screenshot it but it's just a very narrow strip with the x at one end.

Trial 9 Your Pet Tatofase is not affected! bvb_honour_in_conduct.gif mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif