Brightvale Portals Open!

hrtbrk

First things first, here's your reward for helping me out! You can go check your inventory for a:

bvb_bori_diggingforknowledge.gif
Digging for Knowledge

Also, this book here is full of ancient knowledge, but the text has disappeared over time. Can you please pick up a Magic Lens and help restore the words on the pages? I really need the information in there, and I’ll reward you well for your help.

mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif
Blank Blue Tome

Trial 9 darkinvention looks like they were just colored Speckled. bvb_bori_diggingforknowledge.gif mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif

2.png

The lightbox notification's no longer working properly for me, is it for you guys? OFC I didn't think to screenshot it but it's just a very narrow strip with the x at one end.

yes it happened to me yesterday but it seems to be resolved today

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

Trial 9 darkinvention looks like they were just colored Speckled. bvb_bori_diggingforknowledge.gif mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif

2.png

Oh no, you got the blood splattered Usul‼ ?

The notification's ok for me again now too. ?

You're Back!

First things first, here's your reward for helping me out! You can go check your inventory for a:

bvf_purblare_jam.gif
Purblare Jam

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The lightbox notification's no longer working properly for me, is it for you guys? OFC I didn't think to screenshot it but it's just a very narrow strip with the x at one end.

Trial 9 Your Pet Tatofase is not affected! bvb_honour_in_conduct.gif mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif

Oh, this shows up for me. It is greyed out with an  x at the end. What is this? Was I supposed to do something with this?

3 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Oh, this shows up for me. It is greyed out with an  x at the end. What is this? Was I supposed to do something with this?

I think it just wasn't fully loading, it was ok for me just now.

14 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I think it just wasn't fully loading, it was ok for me just now.

Can you please explain what this is for? I have been getting this box with an X but I didn't know what to do with it. I did not get it this last time I played (a few minutes ago) but like I said, I have received that box several times although not every time. Have I been missing out on something? Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

Can you please explain what this is for? I have been getting this box with an X but I didn't know what to do with it. I did not get it this last time I played (a few minutes ago) but like I said, I have received that box several times although not every time. Have I been missing out on something? Thanks for any help!

If it was displaying properly it would be telling you the item you've just got from going through the portal. ?

36 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

If it was displaying properly it would be telling you the item you've just got from going through the portal. ?

Oh, OK, it has never displayed anything so I guess it never worked for me. Thanks for explaining this to me.

3 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Oh, OK, it has never displayed anything so I guess it never worked for me. Thanks for explaining this to me.

No worries, interesting that it's not worked for you at all, but at least it's nothing important.

So far I'm still sticking to my theory that your pet is only affected when you see this screen before you reach your destination:

Brightvale_event_2018.jpg

Because I've only seen this screen twice, and those have been the only two times my pet has been affected. (Though today he turned from a Green Cybunny into a Green Cybunny, so "affected" is overstating it a bit. :P )

4 hours ago, Nielo said:

So far I'm still sticking to my theory that your pet is only affected when you see this screen before you reach your destination:

Brightvale_event_2018.jpg

Because I've only seen this screen twice, and those have been the only two times my pet has been affected. (Though today he turned from a Green Cybunny into a Green Cybunny, so "affected" is overstating it a bit. :P )

I think you are on to something, as with Solei's last "jump", we saw the same, and his agility was decreased.

I think my pet is having too much fun with this. To catch up from my last post, here are the results:

Trial 15 Solei711 had their agility reduced from 234 to 211. bvb_bightvalewisdom.gif
Trial 14 Your Pet Solei711 is not affected! mote_mirror.gif
Trial 13 Your Pet Solei711 is not affected! mote_vicious.gif mall_brightvalebook_blue.gif
Trial 12 Solei711 had their intelligence reduced from 659 to 593. bpo_potion_prickly.gif
Trial 11 Solei711 had their health reduced from 238 to 214. trink_brightvale_flag.gif
Trial 10 Solei711 looks like they were just colored Zombie. bvb_ancientarcana.gif
Trial 9 Solei711 looks like they were just colored Mutant. bpo_potion_greater_air.gif mall_brightvalebook_green.gif

So far Perri my pound rescue has gotten fuzzitus, but no color or stat changes.  I haven't seen the sparkly screen at all.  And we've gotten a blank blue tome, a blank violet tome, Ancient Arcana, Not-So-Disgusting Dung Uses, and Hagan's secrets.  Until I went to the boards, I thought this event just gave out books! 

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 9.13.51 PM.png

I agree with @Nielo I just got the light blue effects screen and...

Trial 12 Tatofase looks like they were just colored Mutant. bv_stryped.gif mall_brightvalebook_yellow.gif

EEK‼

4.png

On 8/30/2018 at 7:53 AM, Duma said:

image.png

My pet had his intelligence reduced from 34 to 31. And I received an Ice Mote.

Not sure it's only with the blue spots though. I've had the screen above and had intelligence reduced. Last few days I didn't get this or the blue spots and my pet wasn't affected so Nielo might still be on to something.