Return after a long hiatus!

recentlyevil

Hello! I'm Erica. I've been playing Neopets on and off since, I think, around age 9 or 10. I'm 27 now... almost 28. ? The most recent account I've had (since I can't even begin to remember what my first one was) is from 12 years ago, so that's the one I'm using. I think the last time I logged in before a few days ago was 6 years ago. Thank god Neopets can't die. ?

I just graduated from law school and took the bar exam, and while I'm looking for a job/trying to get my life on track, I decided why not play Neopets again? (Actually, what made me even remember the site is clicking "random subreddit" on Reddit and getting the Neopets one. So, thanks Reddit!)

Hello ? What a great user name you have! I bet the one from when you were 10 wasn't anywhere near so cool, you probably can't remember it because you're suppressing it to avoid the mortification. ?

Neo should be a good antidote to the grind of looking for work, so well done Reddit, hope you enjoy being back. ☺️

OH, andd... you created your account on my birthday, so yay, lol.

Welcome back ? Hope you stick around. Congrats on getting out of school !  I like to use Neopets as my time to not use my brain while in between school so hopefully it can bring you some much needed relaxation haha.  I also found that because neopets is a game of goals in a weird way it helps me to be focused and have goals in other areas of my life.  It just sets me up to have that list of *dailies* that needs to be done online and in rl. 

Hi and welcome back to Neopets! Also welcome to this forum! Law school sounds impressive and I hope you'll get a job soon. I've been using neopets as a place to relax for years too. It's fun and everyone can find something they like.

And since you haven't been on since 6 years ago, a lot has and is changed/changing so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help where we can ?

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hello ? What a great user name you have! I bet the one from when you were 10 wasn't anywhere near so cool, you probably can't remember it because you're suppressing it to avoid the mortification. ?

Neo should be a good antidote to the grind of looking for work, so well done Reddit, hope you enjoy being back. ☺️

OH, andd... you created your account on my birthday, so yay, lol.

Hah, awesome! Yes, I bet mine from age 10 was something very embarrassing. Who isn't embarrassing at 10? ?

9 hours ago, Kute said:

Welcome back ? Hope you stick around. Congrats on getting out of school !  I like to use Neopets as my time to not use my brain while in between school so hopefully it can bring you some much needed relaxation haha.  I also found that because neopets is a game of goals in a weird way it helps me to be focused and have goals in other areas of my life.  It just sets me up to have that list of *dailies* that needs to be done online and in rl. 

Wow, it would be amazing if Neopets did that for me. I definitely need some help doing real-life tasks. ?

8 hours ago, Duma said:

Hi and welcome back to Neopets! Also welcome to this forum! Law school sounds impressive and I hope you'll get a job soon. I've been using neopets as a place to relax for years too. It's fun and everyone can find something they like.

And since you haven't been on since 6 years ago, a lot has and is changed/changing so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help where we can ?

Thank you ☺️

• 2 weeks later...