Level returned after portals close?

indiechiquegeek

Hi! I just completed a faerie quest and was rewarded with a level increase. The thing is, my pet's level has decreased as a result of the portals in Brightvale. I know all ill effects will return to normal after the end of the event, but will this include my level increase? Or will my pet's level "reset" to what it was when the event started, i.e., without the level increase? Any ideas?

I was concerned about the same thing but a friend directed me to the JellyNeo guide for the portal event, which features a quote from hardtotame from the boards:

UPDATE: Here's a post on the Neoboards from hardtotame regarding how your pet will have portal effects reversed at the end of the event:

Reusing the portal will cure your pet of any illness it contracted through the event, but all other changes will remain until the end of the event (unless you get lucky and get the effect that restores your pet to its original condition). When your pet's state is restored at the end of the event, any stat changes that happened outside the event will be factored in.

So it sounds like they did take into account that people would still be receiving stat changes from other site events or training, and those should be accounted for when the event ends. Also just noticed when I reread this, but if the portal makes your pet sick, it looks like taking the next portal will cure it! Good to know as I really don't want to spend the money on cures every time!

Still a six hour wait for a cure might be a pain, depending.   

But fairly sure they've got the log set 'you pet looses a level' so at the end of the event will just back back through the log and reverse what's there.    Since gaining a level via a faerie quest isn't in the log, that won't be reversed.

....apparently 'have all your effects undone' is a possible effect of going thru a portal.    One I just had happen to me.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.