Yay and Nay

Aquamentis12

Yay for finally seeing one of my dream-weapons on the TP! (It's been AGES since I saw it on the TP)
Nay for seeing the pricetag. 725m! >_< If I never spend 1np and just save, save, SAVE, maybe I can buy one in a decade or so. >_< I know they are EXTREMELY rare, but YOWZA! The seller even has an Attack Pea, and THAT'S only 325m! I guess there would be more of them than the Skarls Sword I'm interested in, given their sources. But dangit, I wish the price were about 700mil np lower! *sigh* Wishful thinking, I know. Oh well, just had to vent a little. ?

WOW, that's an insane amount of money.

Or, is it that is just seems an insane amount because it's so very far out of my reach...

In this recent topic  How rich is rich it seems there's multi-billionaires out there, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ?

On 9/4/2018 at 3:02 AM, charelan said:

Wow. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around ANY item carrying that hefty a price tag!!

Yeah! And here I thought reaching 10 mil took a neo-lifetime! I've seen it for cheaper over the years. But.. man, there's just no way. ?

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

WOW, that's an insane amount of money.

Or, is it that is just seems an insane amount because it's so very far out of my reach...

In this recent topic  How rich is rich it seems there's multi-billionaires out there, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ?

With longtime-players who are great at RSing? I'm not surprised. Though this account is only I think about 47 months old, just under 4 years. Hard to believe they could've accumulated so much NP in 4 years time.

18 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I too am amazed at that kind of price tag. I looked up your dream sword and apparently it's a prize from a rare item code from TCG sets, which I guess helps to explain how rare it is, but still. That's just crazy. Do they even still sell these things any more?

Yep! I think the first set, or one of the expansions shortly after the neopets card games came out. You CAN find the boosters online, but they can get really pricey. You can still even input the codes from the code-cards in the booster packs. There they have a little thing where you can go through 3 choices. You can't go back, so if you choose poorly, you could get a pittance of NP or a junk item. I'm not sure which icon would indicate a Skarls Sword, maybe the Paintbrush... anyway, I don't even know if you could still GET something as old as Skarls Sword there. Even with the right booster pack code(s). We used to have a book store here that sold the boosters, so I've tried a couple. Got mostly junk, but had a couple decent prizes. TCGs even a Goo Blaster, weapon, but nowhere NEAR as valuable as Skarls Sword. I used to know a guy who got a Dull Stone Axe from a booster, but that was probably a decade ago by now. Some of the stuff I got was pretty junk-like, but seemed to be newer, than the date the boosters would've been made. So, I'm not sure if some prizes were replaced or not. ? Frankly, I wish I knew someone with a Skarls Sword, and maybe I could get it "willed" to me if they decided to quit playing. lol Or heavily discounted as I would not ever sell it. I know it's not the BEST weapon, not even very close. But it's ability and power aside, it's also one of the coolest darn weapons TNT has ever drawn! ?

I have other battle equipment I'd desire, but that stuff is junk-priced compared to 725m. LOL I'll just have to save, save and keep saving, and hope Neopets is around long enough for me to attempt to trade or buy one. Even if I could only use it on Neopets' LAST day of service, it would be that WORTH-IT to use in battle. ^_^

The 2nd best thing to owning one, would be if they fixed the Stealing ability in the BD, and sent us an enemy WITH a Skarls Sword! I'd love to steal and use it against the 1p opponent! Just like I thoroughly enjoyed stealing the Prismatic Mirror from Envy during the Obelisk war! That was SO much FUN and allowed my peophin to fight a few more rounds each battle. ?

Sorry for going on and on, I'm tired, and rambling. LOL Later!