Bring on the autumn!

3 hours ago, xanthocomically said:

This is the cutest fall look I've ever seen! The flowers work really well to cover the pumpkins, I honestly didn't even notice them until you mentioned it. 

Well thank you! ?

It's definitely a look where I wish I could step into it myself, though a tree that close to the house would probably be undermining the foundations, lol.

I could have hidden those pesky pumpkins completely if I'd used this item, but it didn't look as right as the daisies do, I don't think.

image.png.7adce5233b02f052dced8378772ae3ae.png

He may be staying in autumn until spring now, lol. I'm not fond of winter and I don't like subjecting my pets to it either, this look is full of warmth, friendliness and colour and that's just how I like it. ?

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I could have hidden those pesky pumpkins completely if I'd used this item, but it didn't look as right as the daisies do, I don't think.

No, I agree! Those flowers look too spring to work well in this scene... but will maybe be useful after winter is over :D

15 minutes ago, xanthocomically said:

No, I agree! Those flowers look too spring to work well in this scene... but will maybe be useful after winter is over :D

Wishing our lives away here, aren't we. ?

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

This isn't much, but here is what I have my pet in:

2.png

A bit early for the pumpkins and hat and scarf, but if I didn't see this topic, I'd forget. Next time I change his look will, most likely, be for October/Halloween.

He looks nice, Scoobs! I have a yellow Gelert on my original account that I've lost access to. *sniffs sadly* That hat and scarf looks great on him, I wish it looked good on my Kacheek but the scarf is so long on him it trails on the floor, and the hat removes his hair of course. -__- That hat's one of the few that doesn't actually look idiotic on a Kacheek's big head, many of the hats are drawn so they just perch on top of that over-sized cranium. ?

I can just imagine your guy bounding happily off over the fields after that shot was taken. ?

5 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

Where I live it's actually Spring now, it's annoying being the opposite of most of the world haha

Especially around Christmas, I'm sure, cards, decorations etc. focusing on snow even in countries where it's either a tropical climate, or summer like where you are, lol. I wonder how many people end up with heat-stroke from wearing furry Santa hats in 100 degree temps!

At least we have full control over the climate our pets on here live in. ?

On 9/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, jellysundae said:

Especially around Christmas, I'm sure, cards, decorations etc. focusing on snow even in countries where it's either a tropical climate, or summer like where you are, lol. I wonder how many people end up with heat-stroke from wearing furry Santa hats in 100 degree temps!

At least we have full control over the climate our pets on here live in. ?

Yes haha, but because American media is so prolific I still associate snow etc (which I've never seen) with Christmas even though my real Christmas is usually like 35 degrees celsius (95F). I'll still dress up my neopets in snowy Christmas outfits haha

7 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

Yes haha, but because American media is so prolific I still associate snow etc (which I've never seen) with Christmas even though my real Christmas is usually like 35 degrees celsius (95F). I'll still dress up my neopets in snowy Christmas outfits haha

So tell me, does the Aussie Santa deliver your presents on a surf board? :ph34r: Or ride a 'roo in more inland areas? Actually that'd work pretty well as the gifts could be carried in the pouch!

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

So tell me, does the Aussie Santa deliver your presents on a surf board? :ph34r: Or ride a 'roo in more inland areas? Actually that'd work pretty well as the gifts could be carried in the pouch!

There are examples of both haha, kangaroos is common. But I think people still do go along with the reindeer thing. 

2123303556_12dayschristmasdownunder.jpg.1de0197f742589a6ee7c47706d50ff5b.jpgMI0002884899.jpg.9e0f77c84313254704b6ac391ac887f0.jpgmain-qimg-340d26a1dd530eeeb27570675e8c10ea-c.jpg.6d8487254d80a75231a10dbbb2c167de.jpg

49 minutes ago, gypsyknees said:

There are examples of both haha, kangaroos is common. But I think people still do go along with the reindeer thing.

HAHAHA, awesome, I love it, especially Santa with a ketchup-topped meat pie there. ? I really like how Australia, with all these British things in its culture, has made so many of them so very Australian. Santa here traditionally gets these mince pies, and a glass of sherry if he's lucky, and there's no room for variation.  Santa in the US gets milk and cookies as far as I'm aware?

MP_.jpg

Terry Pratchett left his version of Santa pork pies, I wonder if that happens in any UK homes now, lol. Does your Santa get left a beer to have with his pie? Pepto-bismol need to do a holiday ad featuring Santa, total missed opportunity if they don't. ?

On 9/14/2018 at 2:23 AM, jellysundae said:

HAHAHA, awesome, I love it, especially Santa with a ketchup-topped meat pie there. ? I really like how Australia, with all these British things in its culture, has made so many of them so very Australian. Santa here traditionally gets these mince pies, and a glass of sherry if he's lucky, and there's no room for variation.  Santa in the US gets milk and cookies as far as I'm aware?

MP_.jpg

Terry Pratchett left his version of Santa pork pies, I wonder if that happens in any UK homes now, lol. Does your Santa get left a beer to have with his pie? Pepto-bismol need to do a holiday ad featuring Santa, total missed opportunity if they don't. ?

Hahaha. I think some kids do the american milk & cookies thing here too, if they do anything. We eat those fruit mince pies at Christmas though ? 

49 minutes ago, gypsyknees said:

We eat those fruit mince pies at Christmas though ?

And so you should, they're pretty delicious. ? My sister can bake particularly good ones, with lovely golden all butter pastry... ?

There's a food blog I cook things from, she's Australian and it's really interesting to me to see the amount of UK food, and phrases, that're clearly still in widespread use judging by the things she's cooked in the past, and some things she says. I nearly fell off my chair from laughing when she called something "manky" one day as that's SUCH a Brit word. ?

It's also very interesting to see Woolies is still going in Australia, and sells groceries. Here they all closed 10 years ago, once supermarkets started selling home goods they couldn't compete. But I love that you guys call 'em Woolies too, and say spag bol, lol. I like this connection. ☺️

She's GREAT though, so much personality, plus the food's good which is always a bonus, lol.

I changed my little guy's look up a little, as I made use of the new Dyeworks to get a less shiny version of the Vintage Lantern Garland. That removed the apple tree so I used the stately tree instead, and the Earth Faerie frame gives him a visitor to ply with cookies as well as hiding those pesky pumpkins, lol. I miss the flowers, but I do like how secluded the big tree makes the garden.

preview.png

14 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

Yeah Woolies is one of the big 2 here (Woolies and Coles). Aldi is pretty high up though. 

Love the customisation!

Yeah she talks about Coles too. I always shopped at Aldi when I was still able to get out and grocery shop myself, can't manage that now so no more Aldi for me, ah well!

I'm wanting to change up my Xwee's look, but I don't have a clue what to, that's not especially helpful, is it. xD Maybe I'll just jump in there and see what happens, I mean it's not as if he can stop talking to me if I put him in some ridiculous situation because I'm messing about, is it... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I'm bringing Ellava over here rather than the Halloween thread I made, because she's too much of a priss to wear a silly costume :P

medium_preview.png

HAHA, good for her, lol. That's very flattering hair, also I LOVE that scarf, my Xwee has it too. ? That's a really nice contemporary outfit overall actually.

I DO like that hair‼

*plays on DTI*

Aw, it doesn't look so good on my Draik, boo.

medium_preview.png

I mean it looks nice, but the Draik's narrower head makes it look kind of flat. Ok, now Miss. Gen is wanting to feel a bit more seasonal, let's see where she ends up!

@jellysundae Thank you! I was undecided about the wig. I feel like most of them look weird on Xweetok, because it removes their hair on top, and then their head looks very flat. Also I don't usually put wigs on Ellava because her 'washed-out' pastel color looks weird with them. But this one tied into the outfit enough that I felt like it worked (at least somewhat).

I think it looks equally cute on Gen! I also love HER scarf/bow -- Ellava wore that one all spring!

53 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I think it looks equally cute on Gen! I also love HER scarf/bow -- Ellava wore that one all spring!

She says thank you! You know what I really like about that wig? It might be an item clearly intended for Christmas, but for once they didn't decorate it with holly, or candy canes, or snow flakes or whatever so hooray, an item that's usable all year round!

Gen ADORES that scarf, which was a gift from the lovely @charelan Gotta wrestle with her if you want her to take it off. ? but I can autumn up her look without having to do that so tantrums should be averted. :ph34r: