Happy Draik Day!

hrtbrk

OMG! Candy with the stripes is cool! Nice job, IMHO, on Candy. As for Custard, well, it looks cheesy. No, I don't mean that cheesy, but it looks like cheese, with the "spots" on the wing, instead of Custard. As for the clothes, can you say "Shadow Clone Draik"?! Nice nod to a popular Shinobi.

@Scoobert_Doo I agree, I really like this stripe variation for the candy, it's a neat twist! I also completely agree that that custard is way too cheese-like! I was just looking at custard pets the other day and saw another one that came across as particularly cheesy, although I can't remember which at the moment. Perhaps it's an ill attempt at salvaging a lame paintbrush? ?

Custard does look less glopy and yuck than usual , doesn't it, the wings actually look pretty nice as there's no runny bits on them. Custard's colour is just nasty though isn't it, I wonder what they call those shades... rancid yellow I and II, maybe? I wonder if Donna ever feels any guilt about this last act of "up yours" of hers and what she's subjected us all to because of it, lol. Of course I'm only going by what I've read online, with people saying she created the custard paint brush out of spite. There may be as much truth in that as there is in the average Neoboards rumour. ?

Also, where they've put a run in the custard below the nostrils... that's like when your own nose is running, a dewdrop on the bit between your nostrils tickles like CRAZY‼   *hands Draik some Kleenex* ?

I wish I liked the Candy ? The stripes themselves are well done. I'm gonna clarify that because for me they're too thin and too close together, but they've been DRAWN well. The stripes follow the curves of the body naturally, though the suddenly vertical ones on the Draik's left fist are a bit of a puzzle, that one small area seems to be the only place where some artist laziness crept in maybe.

I don't like the colour though, I have an abiding dislike for lilac anyway, which that is perilously close to being, and I don't like the very pale pink paired with it either because I like contrasting shades not tonal stuff, and I don't like wishy-washy pastels anyway, but really, it's the eyes (and nails), those are horrible. Draik's eyes tend to let them down anyway, most of them being red with rather yellow whites, but this amber shade isn't any better. This Draik needs those blue contacts, STAT, lol.

I don`t care for the Custard paint brush colour at all. I like the other edible pets, but Custard is just.. an odd choice for a food based colour, in my opinion. Not a fan. ?
I think the Candy colour is a fun one, and I look forward to each pet day, hoping there will be another Candy one! The Draik introduces another variation in the colour. I do think it`s a bit too busy, I prefer it when the stripes are thicker, like on Elephante and Krawk. I love the colours chosen though (I saw someone mention somewhere that it looks like the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland, haha). It bugs me that they added the stripes to the edges of the wings, but not around the ears. I think they should have done both or neither - perhaps leaving the stripes off the wings would have been the best choice.
Again, I love the colour scheme, the eye colour is nice as well, and I like the smooth texture of the inside of the wings and ears.

I don`t have anything to say about the clothing set, I think it`s based on an anime TV show - I`m not familiar with it. :P

• 2 weeks later...