DTI/Neopets disagreement?

GillyTook

I concur, both on the pet and the weirdness. AWESOME name by the way‼

But I'm most confused as to where the brown came from because the clothes are pink/purple everywhere. ?

1 minute ago, GillyTook said:

Hehe, thank you!  I was amazed that it hadn't been taken already!  I like the clothing either way, but would definitely prefer the browns.  Ah well, at least he's still cute.

But Gilly, where did the brown come from? Was it brown when you first dressed him, or?

I wondered if it was a Dyeworks thing, but the items aren't NC so that idea went out of the window, lol.

And it's not like the problem DTI has displaying some items, like the peaceful branches or whichever it is, where the colour washes out for the preview shot.

Ah, it's the Hanging Fronds it happens to, used to have the same problem years back with certain avatar items on Menewsha, that was because they'd been tool-shaded rather than pixeled, and consequently had about a billion colours in them rather than using a 6-shade palette. The avatars could have a max of 256 shades over everything they had equiped, so equip one of these tool-shaded items and they leached the colours out of other stuff. Switching to .png from .jpeg did away with this problem, but I wonder if it's a similar thing that causes the wash-out on DTI, or it's just something to do with the image saving process. ?‍♀️

But that's by-the-by as it doesn't explain the myterious colour-changing Lupe outfit, lol.

It seems a number of items on DTI have different looks when using Images rather than Flash. It happens a lot with Dyeworks but also some NP items.

Not sure where the brown came from though. Maybe they were originally going to make it brown but changed their minds last minute? ?

81k2nMV.jpg

Either way, it is an awesome name and custom.

Although that shade of purple looks nice on the outfit, I do wish they stuck with the brown. Stays true to the Jedi robe color and looks more neutral.  

Luke Skywoofer is an adorable name by the way! ?  The background is also a perfect Dagobah :D

DTI is where it shows up brown.  I can't use the java part of the site on my work computer, which is the only place I'd looked at it, I suppose.

Dagobah is what I was going for :D

And it makes sense that it was an unfinished thing when it was uploaded.  Thank you very much!  

• 4 weeks later...