Faerie Festival

Rayd1978

11 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

I was hoping to get my hands on a couple without needing to trade for them..

With any luck the fortune cookies will come up trumps for us, I bought quite a few when they were half price. ?

Well, I just got a Faerie Quest from Kaia. Yesterday I opened a Faerie Quest cookie and I had several (about 8 NC) items in the inventory along with a Pink Bag. I thought she would want an item I had in the inventory but she asked for a different item. She wanted an *I Heart NC Flag*. It only cost 25 NC in the Mall so it was a cheap item. I did have one in the SDB so I gave that to her. She gave me a *Bubbles and Bubbles* NC item that is wearable. I just refreshed the Inventory and I still have the Flag. She did not take it, only the Pink Bag is gone. Wonder why? I looked on JN but I didn't find a price for it so I don't know what it is worth. I looked in the Mall but I didn't find anything there either.  It said that shop was empty.

Anyone else received a Kaia quest yet?

4 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Well, I just got a Faerie Quest from Kaia. Yesterday I opened a Faerie Quest cookie and I had several (about 8 NC) items in the inventory along with a Pink Bag. I thought she would want an item I had in the inventory but she asked for a different item. She wanted an *I Heart NC Flag*. It only cost 25 NC in the Mall so it was a cheap item. I did have one in the SDB so I gave that to her. She gave me a *Bubbles and Bubbles* NC item that is wearable. I just refreshed the Inventory and I still have the Flag. She did not take it, only the Pink Bag is gone. Wonder why? I looked on JN but I didn't find a price for it so I don't know what it is worth. I looked in the Mall but I didn't find anything there either.  It said that shop was empty.

Anyone else received a Kaia quest yet?

Well that's confusing‼

For a while there I was HORRIFIED at her seemingly going to ask for any item that's for sale at the moment, but her not actually taking it is bizarre.

I'd assumed you could give her any NC item, but thinking about it that doesn't actually make any kind of sense, does it. When you get a faerie quest they are asking for a specific thing, and they don't know what you have already, Kaia's aren't going to be coded any differently.

I'd decided, after reading what you've said that I'll put my Kaia bait away again, but you can just abandon the quest can't you so... ?‍♀️

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well that's confusing‼

For a while there I was HORRIFIED at her seemingly going to ask for any item that's for sale at the moment, but her not actually taking it is bizarre.

I'd assumed you could give her any NC item, but thinking about it that doesn't actually make any kind of sense, does it. When you get a faerie quest they are asking for a specific thing, and they don't know what you have already, Kaia's aren't going to be coded any differently.

I'd decided, after reading what you've said that I'll put my Kaia bait away again, but you can just abandon the quest can't you so... ?‍♀️

Yes, it was an option to abandon the Quest. I found it curious that she left the item but the is no doubt she did. I had only 1 in the closet and there is still the 1 in my inventory. I don't understand that either but that's how it happened!

I got my first Kaia quest today! I had put some lousy items in my inventory and bought 3 pink bags.

Great, you're a big help. Thanks for everything!

Here, you can keep this item instead. It's one of my favorites, but I'd like you to have it as a token of my appreciation.
mall_bg_farmhouse.gif
Farmhouse Background

14 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I got my first Kaia quest today! I had put some lousy items in my inventory and bought 3 pink bags.

Here, you can keep this item instead. It's one of my favorites, but I'd like you to have it as a token of my appreciation.
mall_bg_farmhouse.gif
Farmhouse Background

So did she actually take the item you gave her? Or did she leave it behind like she did with Granny?

Have fun with that pretty background. :D

9 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So did she actually take the item you gave her? Or did she leave it behind like she did with Granny?

Have fun with that pretty background. :D

Thank you! Kaia took the item and the pink bag. ? At first, when I tried handing it in, I just got a grey screen. I had to refresh, and then it worked.

6 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

@jellysundae  So did she actually take the item you gave her? Or did she leave it behind like she did with Granny? Have fun with that pretty background. :D

@aleu1986  Thank you! Kaia took the item and the pink bag. ? At first, when I tried handing it in, I just got a grey screen. I had to refresh, and then it worked.

OK This is the weirdest thing! alieu, do you remember the item you gave to her? Not that it matters but I was just wondering. I only put that flag inmy SDB yesterday so I am positive of what I am saying. I can't wait for someone else to get Kaia. I wonder if mine was a glitch now since the quests are new. That is a pretty background I wish I would have gotten that insitead of a bubble in a bubble. My gift still makes no sense and really, she could have kept that flag. I have never used it and don't remember how I got it. I guess even she didn't want it. LOL 

2 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

OK This is the weirdest thing! alieu, do you remember the item you gave to her? Not that it matters but I was just wondering. I only put that flag inmy SDB yesterday so I am positive of what I am saying. I can't wait for someone else to get Kaia. I wonder if mine was a glitch now since the quests are new. That is a pretty background I wish I would have gotten that insitead of a bubble in a bubble. My gift still makes no sense and really, she could have kept that flag. I have never used it and don't remember how I got it. I guess even she didn't want it. LOL 

In my inventory I had a Hearts Thought Bubble and two Romantic Music Track. She wanted the thought bubble. From what I understand, Kaia is only supposed to ask for NC items that you have in your inventory, and if you don`t have any, she won`t show up. Sounds like it was glitching when she asked you for an item you didn`t even own.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:38 PM, aleu1986 said:

In my inventory I had a Hearts Thought Bubble and two Romantic Music Track. She wanted the thought bubble. From what I understand, Kaia is only supposed to ask for NC items that you have in your inventory, and if you don`t have any, she won`t show up. Sounds like it was glitching when she asked you for an item you didn`t even own.

I actually owned the item but it was in my closet. I removed it from the closet after she asked for it. As was quoted above, how would she know what you have in your inventory? Maybe that was a coincidence? I did put all my items back into the closet but I guess under the circumstances I will put the NC items back into my inventory until more Kaia quest facts start emerging. 

Another fun thing... Today I received a Grey Faerie quest today and in return I got a Fountain Faerie dip. YAY! Of course, before I use it I emailed the Lending program to see if they needed a colored pet that they don't have. If they are not interested I plan to make a baby pet out of one I already have. This is the 2nd time I received a Fountain dip. The last one I donated to a player that wanted a pet color they couldn't afford. If they are reading this I hope your brother is happy with his new pet!

ourse it is side by side in the quest picture. I cant seem to copy and paste correctly for some reason Sorry.

I'm glad I was able to locate you so quickly. Let me know if you can spare the item for me - if not, I'll just check with someone else who has it.

Any of the following will do along with Pink Paper Bag:

You can find the Pink Paper Bag here

mall_bluehairbow.gif

Pastel Blue Hair Bow

mall_kaiaquest_bag.gif
Pink Paper Bag

I did have this item in my inventory since I moved items back into the inventory after  aleu1986 said Kaia wanted an item from her inventory. Glad I took the advice!

Here is the results...

Thank you!I knew you'd help me out! Now I can get back to work.

mall_bg_logboat_ride.gif

Log Boat Ride Background

OMG! I did it right!!!!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button if you are the most recent reply.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

@ Hrtbrk, I am not sure what I did wrong. This message and the one above are in the same message and I had quoted another member at the top of this message before I started. I have a hard time (most always) when I try to copy/paste something and I could not figure out how to close the big gap in between the message so I left it for that reason. The OMG was because I had actually got it right when I copied /pasted the results of the quest. So, like I said I am missing the reason as to why you thought I may have been trying to spam the group. Also, what part did you edit? Please explain so I don't do it again. Thank you!

Edited by Granny63020
because of Hrtbrk's comment

• 2 weeks later...

Got another Kaia quest today!

mall_bg_enchanted_land.gif
Enchanted Land Background

12 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

Got another Kaia quest today!

mall_bg_enchanted_land.gif
Enchanted Land Background

Another cute background, well done! I'm patiently waiting for when she visits me. ☺️

I got another Kaia Quest. She asked for the I heart flag again. I have this item in the inventory. She gave me this Foreground. Oh, and this time she kept the I heart flag.

mall_fg_peeekaboo_petpet.gif
Peekaboo Foreground

3 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I got another Kaia Quest. She asked for the I heart flag again. I have this item in the inventory. She gave me this Foreground. Oh, and this time she kept the I heart flag.

mall_fg_peeekaboo_petpet.gif
Peekaboo Foreground

I'd say her odd behaviour last time around had to be a teething-problems glitch then, glad she worked properly for you this time! and that you got a better item from her, not the best, the backgrounds are what people want, aren't they, but that one's pretty nice if the Magtile element doesn't spoil it for you.

So you guys are doing the Kaia Quests??? What I want to understand is WHY can't we chose to opt out of an NC quest (which requires ACTUAL MONEY to do) and get penalized for dropping her quest by NOT getting or returning to a "regular" Faerie Quest-ESPECIALLY when I already BLEW money on that Faerie Fortune Cookie -so I could choose another "faerie" for my quest bc I ALSO got the Boon Refresh Request? This whole week has been a disaster, I only got 1 earth faerie request that improved Kokariia's Level, actually blew 150 NC on Kaiia's Pink Bags but did NOT like the items, which is why I try to "abandon" her quest BUT THEN I'm told that I accepted my quest for the day and NOT given another Faerie? This really sucks!

:grrr::medieval::crying_anim:

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

So you guys are doing the Kaia Quests??? What I want to understand is WHY can't we chose to opt out of an NC quest (which requires ACTUAL MONEY to do) and get penalized for dropping her quest by NOT getting or returning to a "regular" Faerie Quest-ESPECIALLY when I already BLEW money on that Faerie Fortune Cookie -so I could choose another "faerie" for my quest bc I ALSO got the Boon Refresh Request? This whole week has been a disaster, I only got 1 earth faerie request that improved Kokariia's Level, actually blew 150 NC on Kaiia's Pink Bags but did NOT like the items, which is why I try to "abandon" her quest BUT THEN I'm told that I accepted my quest for the day and NOT given another Faerie? This really sucks!

:grrr::medieval::crying_anim:

Yeah that element of the fortune cookies could do with being made fairer, couldn't it. I get irritated when I get an Air Faerie quest from a fortune cookie for the same reason, not sure what the best option would be though, to build a refresh option into the cookie? To let you refresh until you got the faerie you wanted? Because getting to refresh doesn't mean you'll like the next option you're offered... but letting you refresh again and again isn't realistic, people would just keep refreshing until they got Rainbow/Battle/Fyora quests.

I suppose... Kaia's quests shouldn't really have been added to the fortune cookies, because of the NC element, maybe they didn't consider that - not considering things being something TNT appears to excel at after all. :ph34r:

22 hours ago, jellysundae said:

but letting you refresh again and again isn't realistic

I don't think you understand, I'm offered Kaia as the Faerie Quest first, I choose to refresh, then they tell me I've already had accepted my quest for the day. *I think the BOON- Refresh Request is NOT working bc my sister also has this boon chosen and the Refresh button has shown up for her normal account all this week! I don't expect to get a refresh after choosing to refresh, but only offered Kaia's and nothing after...NOT FAIR!:grrr:

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I don't think you understand, I'm offered Kaia as the Faerie Quest first, I choose to refresh, then they tell me I've already had accepted my quest for the day. *I think the BOON- Refresh Request is NOT working bc my sister also has this boon chosen and the Refresh button has shown up for her normal account all this week! I don't expect to get a refresh after choosing to refresh, but only offered Kaia's and nothing after...NOT FAIR!:grrr:

I suggest informing Neopets of that, as this seems like a bug! You should be able to refresh Kaia's quest just like any other. (I'm also currenty doing a FQ Cookie and using the Refresh Request Boon, but haven't had any Kaia quests, and it's been working fine otherwise. What exactly went wrong for your sister? Has she not been able to use the boon at all?)

3 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I don't think you understand

I clearly didn't, did I! Hmmm, that's pretty weird that it's not working for Kaia, isn't it, makes no kind of sense at all, unless the refresh quest mechanism as a whole has broken?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I clearly didn't, did I! Hmmm, that's pretty weird that it's not working for Kaia, isn't it, makes no kind of sense at all, unless the refresh quest mechanism as a whole has broken?

No, I've been using the Refresh Quest this week as well, and it's been working fine for me. My guess is that something went wrong when implementing Kaia's quests. It sounds like a bug.

I suppose she's maybe just not been added to the quest refresh boon, it's likely not been thought of and will need someone/s to report it to them.

55 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I suppose she's maybe just not been added to the quest refresh boon, it's likely not been thought of and will need someone/s to report it to them.

Could it be that Kaia's quest could not be refreshed because you had the pink bag and the item she wanted it your inventory? If you had both it would have just went on and asked you to give her the item. This is just a thought. I have had 3 Kaia Quests and each one I had the item in inventory and was asked to give her the item (except the 1st one and that item was in my safe deposit box).

11 hours ago, Nielo said:

Has she not been able to use the boon at all?)

No, it hasn't shown up for her all this week. She showed me her screen and at the Obelisk, where she chose the Refresh Request Boon and then the faerie quest where she had no Refresh button. ?  How do we contact TNT? Are they taking tickets? I don't know if my sister will fill one out, she is very close to walking away from NP...? I'm asking her to not stress over this stuff, do the Goodie Bag Round up on the 31st, then take a break until Advent Calendar...:tired: I would really miss not having this connection to her since college keeps her on campus every weekend...oh well, it's hard to "argue" for her to continue playing when her rl is demanding a lot right now.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

No, it hasn't shown up for her all this week. She showed me her screen and at the Obelisk, where she chose the Refresh Request Boon and then the faerie quest where she had no Refresh button. ?  How do we contact TNT? Are they taking tickets? I don't know if my sister will fill one out, she is very close to walking away from NP...? I'm asking her to not stress over this stuff, do the Goodie Bag Round up on the 31st, then take a break until Advent Calendar...:tired: I would really miss not having this connection to her since college keeps her on campus every weekend...oh well, it's hard to "argue" for her to continue playing when her rl is demanding a lot right now.:ph34r:

You can email them at their support address: [email protected] and you'll get an automatic reply shortly afterwards with a ticket number and if you wish to update your ticket you just need to reply to the email. She may want to take a break, but remind her that GMC starts towards the end of November. She may want to participate in that and the daily advent calendar stuff.

15 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Very odd... Is there any chance she accidentally clicked the "Doctor Who?" boon instead? (I know I almost got them confused this round. At least, I think it was *this* round...)
As for your issue, how about @Granny63020's theory? Any chance you had the bag & the item Kaia asked for in your inventory?

Both could very well be bugs though, so like @Mouseykins said, just send them an e-mail (one for your issue with Kaia and one for your sister's missing refresh button).