Faerie Festival

Rayd1978

So the Faerie Festival starts today (September 20th).... I'm not seeing anything really of interest.   The Healing Pool healed all my pets.... which is just the one, but I guess that's pretty nice for those with lots of pets.   But beyond that I'm not seeing anything different.   Am I just not looking in the right places?

For people who use the Healing Springs to collect potions and snowballs for sale I don't see it only ever healing being much to be pleased about, lol. I may have to actually feed my  pet in a few days now, as the Spring will no longer be filling him up for free. :ph34r:

I think this is much like the Chocolate Ball? As in, just a fancy name for a shop update and not much else? Hopefully there's more to it than that though.

iirc, it's usually a daily where you can visit the festival page to get a prize. At least, that's what I'm remembering from last year...before the whole 'plot' thing started. (I'm pretty sure the Faerie Festival is separate from the Faerie Quest Event, but I'm not sure if there's quests involved or not.)

OH, the Faerie Festival was when the plot started, wasn't it. Last year people on the boards were getting it mixed up with the Faerie Quest event too. ?

I can't find the link to this, would someone kindly direct me in the right direction? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

I can't find the link to this, would someone kindly direct me in the right direction? Thank you!

At this point, there doesn't appear to be one. In years past there has been a Faerie Festival page that you could visit to get a prize (usually a Faerie food, book, etc) and I feel like I remember it running for several days(?) but this year there has not been anything like that linked yet. The news update for today released info on new NC Faerie Quests for Kaia (similar to the crafting faerie quests, from my understanding) and some Faerie-themed poems and such, but there is no link to an actual Festival page. As noted above, the Healing Springs appears to be automatically giving out full heals for all your pets upon each visit, but that's about it.

Well, thank you. I did see a bag in the NC mall but I didn't buy it because I don't know where to go for that quest. I just found this on the front page. Nothing about Kaia and I couldn't do a quest because I have an open cookie and I used that quest earlier. Hardly seems fair that I can't use both since I bought the cookie and this quest is free.

Faerie Quests
2015fq-current-event-news-image.jpg

The faeries are in need of help and are offering quests daily for a limited time. Will you help them?

I found the Kaia link and it tookme back to the Faerie Quest page with no mention of Kaia.  I went to the Mall and bought a pink bag then back to the quests page with no change. So, any ideas, suggestions?

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

Well, thank you. I did see a bag in the NC mall but I didn't buy it because I don't know where to go for that quest. I just found this on the front page. Nothing about Kaia and I couldn't do a quest because I have an open cookie and I used that quest earlier. Hardly seems fair that I can't use both since I bought the cookie and this quest is free.

Faerie Quests
2015fq-current-event-news-image.jpg

The faeries are in need of help and are offering quests daily for a limited time. Will you help them?

I found the Kaia link and it tookme back to the Faerie Quest page with no mention of Kaia.  I went to the Mall and bought a pink bag then back to the quests page with no change. So, any ideas, suggestions?

Don't worry, that Faerie Quest thing isn't current. It has been on the front page for months and months and months - even before the last official Faerie Quest event.

I was hoping they would have something this year, like they did last year, minus the plod, uh, plot, of course. They did have links to most of the Faerieland "dailies". But, I guess not. It would have been nice if they made Kaia's game a daily. However, prior to last year's festival/plot, the previous years didn't have anything special, either. It's basically the same as @jellysundae mentioned about the "Chocolate Ball" - a day with a special event name, but no special event.

The only NEW thing I see regarding faerie quests is a new entry for Shenkuu Faeries. Naturally, there's a pic of Kaia.

http://www.neopets.com/quest_help.phtml

It's hard to believe it's been about a year since the Wraith Resurgence plot started. I wouldn't mind some battling, or some puzzles, but as long as WHATEVER event(s) TNT has planned for the Faerie Festival, I hope they don't drag out like the plot did. Or at least they've got the bugs out of whatever it might be, at least. ?

20 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Don't worry, that Faerie Quest thing isn't current. It has been on the front page for months and months and months - even before the last official Faerie Quest event.

Well that is unfortunate! I paid real money for that bag. Thanks for letting me know though.

55 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Well that is unfortunate! I paid real money for that bag. Thanks for letting me know though.

Oh no, don't get me wrong - the Kaia quest IS a new thing to do with the Faerie Festival (I believe they are random though), but there are not daily faerie quests like during the Faerie Quest Event.

I found this on JellyNeo and it helped me understand much better than I did earlier about how the Kaia quests supposedly work. I did not really get it from just the description on the neopets news. I guess it's kind of like those upcycle cookies, so you can use it as a way to get rid of some NC items you don't want? I'm not into customization so I don't know a whole lot about NC items/quests, but apparently that bag you bought will serve a purpose IF you get a Kaia quest, but you have to carry around NC items you'd like to be rid of in order to have a shot at getting said quest. 

Oh yeah TNT, I see no flaws in this plan whatsoever... >_<

image.png.f3395a3188a0fbccd927a7e2d2e208fe.png

So the only Faerie Festival activity is an NC one? That's [insert various rude words here].

Oh, and the Healing Springs is back to normal today.

I read on Jellyneo that in order to receive a quest from Kaia you had to have NC items in your inventory. I have made sure to have some in there, but have not purchased a bag at the mall yet. So far I have not gotten a quest from Kaia.

4 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I read on Jellyneo that in order to receive a quest from Kaia you had to have NC items in your inventory. I have made sure to have some in there, but have not purchased a bag at the mall yet. So far I have not gotten a quest from Kaia.

I have the bag and several NC items in my inventory and I haven't received a quest from Kaia either. I will post if I do get one.

I've opened another fortune cookie in the hope of attracting Kaia too, lol.

I'm checking out the items you can get from her again, when I looked before they weren't loading in the previews, they're working better now.

I'm not impressed with the Traditional Shenkuu Gown, it looks like it was made from some chintzy 80s curtains, I bet it says Laura Ashley on a label inside. :hmmph:But the backgrounds are all lovely and I want all of them, particularly the tree house and especially the cobbled pathway, though having said that...

It suffers from perspective problems, unless it's a cobbled street in Lilliput. Even my Kacheek, with his towering height of 23cm, isn't going to fit through any of those doors. ?

image.png.cba8bb0cdc5474cf6b4978c06d52cf07.png

True, the backgrounds are really lovely! I was hoping to get my hands on a couple without needing to trade for them.. Your Kacheek looks like Gulliver walking around those tiny streets :D
I`m with you on the Shenkuu gown though, don`t care for the pattern on it, and why does it have fur around the sleeves? Odd.