New Avatar: Brain Tree Quests!

Mouseykins

A brand new spooky themed avatar has been released! To obtain this avatar you need to place in the top 50 of the high scores table for Brain Tree Quests. Our Brain Tree Guide has some helpful information to help you complete these quests.

braintree.gif

Don't forget to check me off your list!

I was actually hoping this would be random when you completed a quest, rather than you needing to get a high NP reward. I have a silver Brain Tree trophy.. I don`t think there is much hope of them awarding this avatar retroactively. :P Guess I`ll have to add this to my dailies again. Good luck, all!

Ah, I approve of this, also a very sensible release time for this as Hallowe'en is approaching and this is a PERFECT avatar for that!

Of course now I'll start grumbling about having to do the quests if I want to get this avatar, but that's beside the point. ?

It's a good avatar, too.

EDIT:

Seen a v. good tip on the boards! Start an Esophagor quest first. Then, if the item he asks for is too expensive just let it expire, do that until he asks for an item you're willing to buy, THEN go and start the Brain Tree quest, and then complete the Esophagor quest.

OFC if the second thing he asks for costs the earth this method's no help at all. ?

I find this an oddly super cute avatar. Might make this a  regular :D However what is not cute is prices for quest items ?

Dang man. Dont be like me and accept brain tree before Esophagor and get stuck with a pricey item. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.51.54 AM.png

36 minutes ago, Kute said:

I find this an oddly super cute avatar. Might make this a  regular :D However what is not cute is prices for quest items ?

Dang man. Dont be like me and accept brain tree before Esophagor and get stuck with a pricey item. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.51.54 AM.png

OUCH!

Yeah I want to get the avatar, and might do a trial run now, but I'll practice the method I mentioned and price-check The Esophagor first off, lol.

So I have a stupid question... is the high score table cumulative? Or just the highest scores from a single quest?

I have done Brain Tree multiple times over the years and I don't think I've ever had a single-quest score over 2,000 points. Does anyone know if the score handed out is based on anything, or if it's random? Does the value of the items or how much you spend to complete a quest have any effect?

I did a quest just now and got a spooky petpet and a score of 1909. The top of the high score table right now is 25,000ish. If it's not cumulative, how can you get that much on one quest? If the scoring is random, I feel like this avatar is going on my "maybe someday but probably never going to get that lucky" list.

1 hour ago, DragonPhoenix said:

So I have a stupid question... is the high score table cumulative? Or just the highest scores from a single quest?

I have done Brain Tree multiple times over the years and I don't think I've ever had a single-quest score over 2,000 points. Does anyone know if the score handed out is based on anything, or if it's random? Does the value of the items or how much you spend to complete a quest have any effect?

I did a quest just now and got a spooky petpet and a score of 1909. The top of the high score table right now is 25,000ish. If it's not cumulative, how can you get that much on one quest? If the scoring is random, I feel like this avatar is going on my "maybe someday but probably never going to get that lucky" list.

Apparently it is only daily. So I think every day around 8NST trophies are awarded. ( i could be wrong this is from memory)  I was also very curious how people are scoring SO high. Because the guides say that usually np over 5,000 is not awarded. Then i realized the key word 'usually'.  So it must just be a bit of luck and something kinda rare.  

Yeah I checked out an Esophagor quest last night and realised Spooky Foods are sky-rocketing in price.

I had the Baked Intesteen he asked for in my SDB so I didn't check the cost of those, but the Crunch Chocolate Scoaches he wanted, which JN price at 1950np... the cheapest I could find was 13k, so I decided not to bother. ?

@Vlagopus what was that item? The description is awesome. ?

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Vlagopus what was that item? The description is awesome. ?

Bloody Ghost Toast, bloody expensive too haha

It's a r87 so not that easy to restock. In a few days it'll probably naturally approach 15-20k, or maybe someone will buy out the cheaper ones in SW and push up the price

18 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Bloody Ghost Toast, bl**dy expensive too haha

HAHAHAHA so true! (also, see what I did there ^ ?)

That's funny too, because it's quite clearly ketchup. ?

9513.gif?382

If blood got that lumpy someone'd have trouble living I'd have thought, lol.

I might take a look-see at what Spooky grub I've got tucked away... :ph34r:

i used to do Brain Tree quests ages ago but i simply stopped 

i don't understand how i can rank in the top 50 ... is it like Wise Old King ? at least Hagan gives you a grade like A , B+ , etc ... 

and spooky food sky rocketing in price for a once in a lifetime avatar loool 

I will probably end up selling whatever Spooky Foods I have tucked away to gain some profit rather than bothering with the quests to try for the avatar.. I do already have a Brain Tree trophy which took me ages to get..
The "scores" are the NP reward to get by completing a Brain Tree quest. They do not accumulate, and are completely random. You do not get more NP by completing the quest quickly, it`s all luck based.

Aww man, I want that avatar so bad! I'd love to get it before Halloween (not counting on that, though)... I actually got a silver trophy somewhat recently, so I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get on the HST again soon :sad: I guess I just gotta try.

Just as a note, the last two days the Esophagor has asked me for foods that can be won as battledome prizes when fighting in the spooky arena. Now, I'm not going to get that lucky every day - no one is - but if you're looking to build your stockpile of potential foods needed for these quests without spending a ton of NP while it's all inflating, there are a number of BD challengers that give out spooky foods. Several of the spooky arena challengers have very low HP on easy, so even if you're not an advanced battledome player you can use this method. Good luck to all those trying for the new avvie!

3 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Just as a note, the last two days the Esophagor has asked me for foods that can be won as battledome prizes when fighting in the spooky arena. Now, I'm not going to get that lucky every day - no one is - but if you're looking to build your stockpile of potential foods needed for these quests without spending a ton of NP while it's all inflating, there are a number of BD challengers that give out spooky foods. Several of the spooky arena challengers have very low HP on easy, so even if you're not an advanced battledome player you can use this method. Good luck to all those trying for the new avvie!

I may abandon the Koi Warrior and go back to the Rattling Cauldron for a while!

Might actually fight the Brain Tree, lol, what could be more fitting? ?

I nearly bit off more than I could chew today, fighting Vira on hard ?

Managed to survive and switched to medium difficulty, phew. Still nearly all r90+ unique prizes from her, so it's all good. ?

Let's see what Mr. E wants today...

Well now... I have both of these in my SDB...

image.png.ccefc9efa0746285943b20713292caa5.png

?

Second quest...

foo_ghostkerchief_slime.gif
Slime Ghostkersandwich

Nice, used all my stock at the Faerie Employment Agency, but these at least haven't started inflating yet, let's see what I win...

Now that you have provided the correct information to the Brain Tree, it is his turn to reward you. He gives you the following magical item, and also 1186 NP!

Your Neopoint reward has been entered into the Brain Tree High Score Table.

Ward off your enemies with this extra smelly garlic shield.
Garlic Shield

No avatar for  me then‼ ?

haha Mr. E :D Nice one!

I have tried to do quests for him twice today, but they have both been too expensive, asking for three items.. one or two are reasonable, then the last is like 150k. I have time to try at least one more time tonight.

Edit:

Now that you have provided the correct information to the Brain Tree, it is his turn to reward you. He gives you the following magical item, and also 1713 NP!

No avie today. :P

i did the Brain Tree Quest today which cost me about 6k 

... and i got about 2000 NP back 

this will take forever for most people 

27-9-2018

the only item i had to buy for both quests is Tombscones which was 500 NP only .. 

but i didn't get a high-enough score :( 

at least the petpet is cute

Now that you have provided the correct information to the Brain Tree, it is his turn to reward you. He gives you the following magical item, and also 2506 NP!

Your Neopoint reward has been entered into the Brain Tree High Score Table.

This scorching fireball wandered too far away from the sun in search of a cooler climate.
Baby Fireball

17 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

haha Mr. E :D Nice one!

Well, his name is so long to type out in full all the time. ? Though I suspect he'd probably rather be called The E, or maybe even THE E, for full dramatic emphasis as he seems to be a bit of a diva to me. :ph34r:

esophagor1.gif

On 9/27/2018 at 5:41 AM, jellysundae said:

Well, his name is so long to type out in full all the time. ? Though I suspect he'd probably rather be called The E, or maybe even THE E, for full dramatic emphasis as he seems to be a bit of a diva to me. :ph34r:

esophagor1.gif

THE E  is fantastic. LOL. Very fitting.