My pet's not fat, he's just big boned! >:(

jellysundae

My Kacheek, there he is

4.png

Not exactly svelte, he's a cute and cuddly l'il guy!

But according to his look up he should be practically SPHERICAL.

Height: 23 cms.
Weight: 30 lbs.

Woah, what?!

Bearing in mind that your average big roasting chicken's probably longer than that, and weighs in at around 8lb/3.6kg...

I mean I know a Kacheek's got a big ol' head there, (your 8lb of Sunday dinner not having one at all) but seriously, if he really was 30lb and 23cm tall he'd be a beachball. ?

What are the height/weight stats for your pets, and are they realistic in ANY way at all? ?

Do you think Neopets' morphology is so wildly different to ours that their bones are made of some super-dense material?

Maybe they're all robots really and have metal insides. (Sloth minions!)

Or I mean who knows what Neopia's gravity is like in comparison to ours, they might need a far greater weight:body mass ratio to be able to stop from floating away into space.

I'm rambling ? but hey yeah, let's discuss!

I had to use a weight converter, so according to that, my Eyrie is 162 cm tall and weighs almost 61 KGs, so that`s a height and weight ratio that actually makes sense. ? Eyries are the largest species of Neopet, so the height makes sense.. My Pirate Eyrie is 165 cm tall and weighs 58 KGs, and my Royal Girl Eyrie is 152 cm, so a little shorter than the males, and weighs just under 61 KGs.
My Peophin is 118 CM and weighs 43 KGs.

The difference in size between some of the pets is pretty extreme, isn't it!

I'm trying to think what kind of creature my Kacheek's similar in size to... a fat guinea pig, maybe?

I just now realized my chomby is female.. this entire time despite the fact that I choose its name I thought it was a male. And I just called her a big boye -________- lol.. wow. 

Some of my pets have really weird stats, especially my battle pet who was previously labbed for a while. I think changing species and certain colours can cause stats to go out of wack.

Zyla439 (Plushie Kacheek; previous lab rat and current battle pet): 16 cm / 41 lb
Tounien (Yellow Tuskaninny; current lab rat): 50 cm / 115 lb
Shanbaihe (Pastel Xweetok; previous lab rat): 34 cm / 38 lb
Miauru (Chocolate Xweetok; never changed species or colour besides being painted choco): 27 cm / 36 lb
Duskitty (Maraquan Xweetok; only ever changed colour a few times): 28 cm / 34 lb

I think something's wrong with the weight and height auto-generator for some species.

47 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

I think something's wrong with the weight and height auto-generator for some species.

I think that could be the understatement of the century. ?

5 hours ago, charelan said:

but the desert aisha is almost 5x taller than the rest of the herd.

That's truly freaky‼ ?

I see your alien lady's almost twice as tall as most of them too, but the desert one's stats are kind of terrifying. 162cm tall and 130lb weight is human-sized. ?

29 minutes ago, Rayd1978 said:

I'd never thought to look.... 73cm,  117lbs...   well, as a Kougra, he's more long than tall... and muscle weighs more than fat.... so I'm going with the idea he's just buff....

That's the only one that's seemed realistic so far. 

*whips out tape measure*

So that puts your Kougra at big strong dog size, doesn't it. A quick look on Google shows the Japanese Akita as fitting those stats.

250px-Japaneseakita.jpg

You can totally imagine that being a Kougra, can't you!

My battle Xweetok is 33cm, and weighs 37lb (16.8kg). So she's a little taller than a piece of A4 paper, and heavier than the cabin baggage weight permitted on some airlines...

Another Xweetok I just adopted is 17cm and weighs 40lbs. I'm really weirded out by this discrepancy lol

3 hours ago, lilly2591 said:

Eyrie 164cm 60kgs

Your Eyrie is taller than me o_O

14 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

That's 2 cm and 15 lb off my height and weight... ?

Pretty unnerving, isn't it?!

Particularly with it being a Desert, so basically Egyptian, creature. I've watched ALL the episodes of Stargate SG-1 so I do NOT need to stretch my imagination too far at. all. to wrap it around the idea of human-sized Egyptian cats trying to take over the planet. ?

5 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

My battle Xweetok is 33cm, and weighs 37lb (16.8kg). So she's a little taller than a piece of A4 paper, and heavier than the cabin baggage weight permitted on some airlines...

Another Xweetok I just adopted is 17cm and weighs 40lbs. I'm really weirded out by this discrepancy lol

Your Eyrie is taller than me o_O

Yep, I'm definitely thinking that a lot of the pets' bones are made from lead, or gold maybe. ? That's boring though, let's invent something not Earthly... it's a compound called... um...  Neopium Carbonate, that'll do, lol. Oh, ha, does that mean the letters for that would be NC? Neopian bones are made of money... lol. ?

It's most interesting that there's such huge height differences between colours of the same species, I wonder if, for example, ALL Desert pets are considerably taller than any others, or if it is truly random.

I think it's very right that Eyries are tall, if they'd made those carry-on sized that would have been ridiculous, lol. A battle between an Eyrie and a Desert Aisha would be pretty epic, wouldn't it... ?

There's this site that shows the average height of each species (missing Vandagyre).

I believe Eyries were probably intended to be, like, big griffins, but it still weirds me out just how massive they are.

Also Flotsams and Jetsams being as tiny as they are is honestly mind boggling, lol. I always figured they were meant to be like dolphins and sharks, not goldfish sized.

Knowing what I now know about Neopets' heights, the Food Club suddenly doesn't make sense at all. Lucky McKriggan (Kyrii) and Puffo the Waister (Kacheek) are almost small enough to be eaten by the Grarrls, Blumaroos and Scorchios competitors. 

I also thought Lupes were a lot bigger than Chias, but apparently not. ?

8 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

http://neocolours.me.uk/petsizes.php

This site has an overview of the height of various species as well as images illustrating the difference - Eyries are seriously massive compared to the smallest species ?

Really makes you wonder what the thought process behind the sizes was, doesn't it!

Or if there even was one, lol. I can totally imagine them deciding to make a shark pet teeny, just for the lulz. But I'm still really intrigued about how much variance there is between colours of the same species, still can't get over the terrifyingly human-sized Desert Aisha. ?