account being frozen after 15 years

Melanie

Something horrible happened to my account... it was frozen.  I have made about 5 tickets and have tried and tried t get it back but absolutly no word from Neopets.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Neopets so I can get my account back?

You can contact them through facebook or send them an e-mail.

Important Note on Support: Neopets is currently switching support provider for ticketing. As always you may contact us by email at [email protected]. Please include the username you are writing in about! And if it's an access issue, include the email address(es), the registered date of birth, and any other information that only the creator of the account would know. Thanks!

You will need to give them a lot of information about the account to get it back though. And you'll only get it back if you didn't break any rules. Good luck getting it back!

thanks I have tried both of those, I have given, user name, email, names of my neopets and the type of pet it is etc.  I am pretty sure I didn't break any rules as all I really did for ages was put my neopets into the hotel and spin the wheel.

I guess my biggest problem is the silence, I saw on facebook that if they think the account is being hacked they freeze it but now i can't get hold of anyone.

is there another way to get hold of them? I have made an alternative neopet account and created tickets (something I can't do with a frozen account) and sent emails.

How long ago was your account frozen? It tends to take them quite a long time to respond, so at this point I think there's not much more you can do than just wait. As this thread mentions, sending multiple tickets doesn't really work. (I'm assuming that's still the case with the new support system.) Have they responded to you on Facebook at all?

I second what Nielo says. It can take weeks before they react with stuff like this. Also, they tend to want to know a lot more info than just what you gave them. I had to tell them friend/VIP names, what's in my closet/sdb/equipment. If the pets have had paintjobs or turned into another species, purchases of NC/NC items, favorite games. Anything you can think off really.

I literally had this happen to me as well, not too long ago. Another board on here has a list of account identifying questions that I filled out to the best of my ability. I tried to think of obscure items that I had, which would let them know it really was my account. I also reiterated that I knew my password, and could give it to them if asked. I sent them emails every day for a week, then stopped. The next week I sent one more email, and that was replied to about an hour later, and voila, I had my account. I couldn't believe it. HOWEVER a few months later I got a bunch of reply emails back from a worker at neopets regarding my previous emails, and the woman was annoyed I had sent so many, haha. But goes to show that it A) It takes them a while to get back to you, but B) Sometimes being persistent can work in your favour and you get lucky. 

• 5 months later...