Dreaming up Avatars

jellysundae

With the new avatars that are coming out I can't help but wonder what others might come along. What the best and worst kind of ones TNT could come up with might be, and the impact they might have on the site.

While I was working on the Kad avatar I started thinking an over-feeder avatar would be cool, one that showed a great big fat Kad on it. Maybe even a little series of them, it getting fatter and fatter each time until... ? Really that visual was the main reason I liked the idea, lol, as I soon realised that positively encouraging over-feeding would be opening up a HUGE can of worms.

• Current over-feeders demanding all avatars being retro-awarded, people like this Neopian for example...

image.png  ?

• Unbuyable foods absolutely sky-rocketing in price so Kad feeding becoming even harder than it already is.
  • General massive frustration for every single person trying for it...
  • Creating more than the regular level of drama on the Kad board, AND THAT CAN BE PRETTY HIGH, LET ME TELL YOU. ?

So I abandoned my daydream of an exploding kad avatar because I realised it would do more harm than good, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are there any avatars that you've dreamt up? Either something you'd LOVE to happen, or be horrified if it did, lol.

What ones do you hope for in the future, and also really want to not happen?

Do share. :ph34r:

Haha, there are definitely pros and cons the overfeeding Kad avatar  I definitely like the idea but you're right when it comes to the issues that can come along with it. On a side note, I dont know why people continue to feed Kads into the thousands. Maybe it's just a hobby but like really, give us little guys who haven't even reached feeding 75 kads a chance to get the avatar. :P

I think a really neat idea for multiple avatars would be an avatar for each faerie. It could be randomly awarded when you complete one of their faerie quest. The avatar could just be a still of them and their name or type of faerie on the bottom corner of the avatar. Or it could be fancier, they could me moving or flying from the background into the foreground. 

Or having an avatar for completing jobs at the Faerieland Employement Agency. I think if you get up to the Arch Master rank an avatar would be cool. It does take a lot of work and time to get to that rank and it would make doing worthwhile jobs more competitive. Not sure how the avatar would look but I think it would be a nice idea. 

30 minutes ago, micheee said:

Or having an avatar for completing jobs at the Faerieland Employement Agency. I think if you get up to the Arch Master rank an avatar would be cool. It does take a lot of work and time to get to that rank and it would make doing worthwhile jobs more competitive. Not sure how the avatar would look but I think it would be a nice idea. 

This is an excellent idea! There's no avatar, trophy, or anything for EA jobs. There is an HST of sorts, but it doesn't award any trophies or prizes (and also doesn't reset, so the top 'scorers' have tens of thousands of jobs completed--i.e. doing all 5 jobs every single day for upwards of 15 years). I would love to see an avatar for reaching a certain rank, or even just randomly when completing a job. 

I would really like to see more flash game avatars released. My personal preference would be for Jubble Bubble, since it's the one game I'm really good at! And those Maraquan Shoyru and Jubjubs are soooo cute! Along the same lines, I'm up for anything that actually requires skill/practice rather than these recent ones that are completely random/luck-based. 

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

This is an excellent idea! There's no avatar, trophy, or anything for EA jobs. There is an HST of sorts, but it doesn't award any trophies or prizes (and also doesn't reset, so the top 'scorers' have tens of thousands of jobs completed--i.e. doing all 5 jobs every single day for upwards of 15 years). I would love to see an avatar for reaching a certain rank, or even just randomly when completing a job. 

I would really like to see more flash game avatars released. My personal preference would be for Jubble Bubble, since it's the one game I'm really good at! And those Maraquan Shoyru and Jubjubs are soooo cute! Along the same lines, I'm up for anything that actually requires skill/practice rather than these recent ones that are completely random/luck-based. 

I love the idea for EA. Its one of the most unused areas or so it seems. You can make some good np there as well. 

Yeah, I just went to the EA the other day so that's why that idea pop into mind. It would make that area of Neo more popular since theres really no other benefit to it at the moment. 

I also forgot about game avatars, theres enough already but a lot of them are based on luck. My favorite games are Crisis Courier, Let it Slide, and Kookia so Ithink it would cool to have avatars for those games that need skill and not so much luck. 

Hmmm I like the idea of a training based one.  Like after a certain number of hours training your pet you get it.  Also like the idea of an avatar based around getting rejected on the trading post, like get offers reject x number of times and you get an avatar.  

12 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

Also like the idea of an avatar based around getting rejected on the trading post, like get offers reject x number of times and you get an avatar.  

That's definitely one that would be a funny avatar, but would maybe/probably definitely create some/a lot of trouble, lol. People constantly rejecting people's genuine offers under the guise of "helping" them get the avatar. Your typical troll would delight in doing that. :axehead:

It really would be nice if there was an EA one, I used to do that every day, but became completely discouraged once I realised that there's nothing to aim for. Also once I started hoarding items for CC too it has to be said, lol.

Oh gosh, see me saying about hoarding gave me an idea for a seriously annoying avatar. ? One you'd get if your SDB was EMPTY. Only gainable on accounts over a certain age, too, so not something every newbie got easily. This one should be released on April Fools Day too, so people would think it was a joke. ?

Love the idea about EA, and please not a kad overfeeder avvie. I struggle enough as it is ? As for Empty SDB, I like it because it's not too hard to achieve, and I hate it because I'll have to move everything to my side account. And this reminds me, I still need to move my NP to my side to try for the Soup Kitchen one...

Maybe something related to the lab? like zapping a petpet 50 times without it disappearing.

Also, an avatar for having more than a certain number of avatars, just because. lol

Something related to Key Quest, if they get around to fixing it. Mainly I just really want Key Quest back.

A really bad idea - avatar for exceeding a threshold revenue in the shop. People will probably just buy from themselves using their side accounts.

23 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

As for Empty SDB, I like it because it's not too hard to achieve, and I hate it because I'll have to move everything to my side account.

Of course anyone who joins automatically gets it before they've added anything to their SDB. With the trading post one, I think you could do something based on how many trades you've made and that could be a little more fair. 

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

As for Empty SDB, I like it because it's not too hard to achieve, and I hate it because I'll have to move everything to my side account.

I could up this annoyance factor by x infinity by suggesting a further avatar that you got for emptying your SDB 100 times...

*hides from thrown rocks*

?

You wouldn't actually need to send your stuff to a side account, you can empty it ALL into your inventory, your inventory's seemingly bottomless if you're just taking stuff out of your SDB, the limit's only for stuff coming in from outside as it were. WHAT a pain taking it all out and putting it all away again though. :whistle:

*ponders*

Ok, here's one that's a realistic option, I think, 2 actually. A Grarrl and a Skeith one. Both clutching their stomach and looking ill because you've fed them an unspecified number of non-food items. :ph34r:

grarrl.gif????⚽ nom nom‼

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I could up this annoyance factor by x infinity by suggesting a further avatar that you got for emptying your SDB 100 times...

*hides from thrown rocks*

*starts gathering rocks*

To make it even worse how about making your SDB stay empty for 100 consecutive days (in which case will likely have to transfer to side, in case of Pant Devil or other RE), or award randomly while refreshing empty SDB.

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Both clutching their stomach and looking ill because you've fed them an unspecified number of non-food items

**Pet abuse alert!** I've never had a Grarrl or Skeith, do they actually get sick from eating non-food items?

To make it even worse how about making your SDB stay empty for 100 consecutive days (in which case will likely have to transfer to side, in case of Pant Devil or other RE), or award randomly while refreshing empty SDB.

Oh My... um... Gargarox! can you IMAGINE ? We're totally enabling each other here, I like it.?

**Pet abuse alert!** I've never had a Grarrl or Skeith, do they actually get sick from eating non-food items?

? They do not, constitution of a... a... one of those machines that chews up rocks for road grading... Pica at it's finest! (just as an aside, I put TOAD grading there initially ??)

I've just fed Cora one of these!

Hewn Stone Table
Hewn Stone Table

Their response?

2.png
my_friend_Cora says 'That really hit the spot!'

my_friend_Cora was fine, and now he is very bloated!

VERY interesting that it filled a LOT of hunger levels, isn't it! From fine right up to very bloated in one go. As it should be for a whacking great big chunk of rock ? Now I want to experiment with other items to see if more big things work in the same way. :ph34r:

So yeah, they can seriously eat ANYTHING, so instead of the avatar having them look ill, it could either be them looking seriously bloated, or looking smug and saying something like "that sofa sure tasted good, hope you didn't want to sit down". Too long of course...

• 1st frame - Grarrl: me hungry
  • 2nd frame - Grarrl eating sofa
  • 3rd frame - Grarrl: you sit on floor now.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That's definitely one that would be a funny avatar, but would maybe/probably definitely create some/a lot of trouble, lol. People constantly rejecting people's genuine offers under the guise of "helping" them get the avatar. Your typical troll would delight in doing that. :axehead:

It really would be nice if there was an EA one, I used to do that every day, but became completely discouraged once I realised that there's nothing to aim for. Also once I started hoarding items for CC too it has to be said, lol.

Oh gosh, see me saying about hoarding gave me an idea for a seriously annoying avatar. ? One you'd get if your SDB was EMPTY. Only gainable on accounts over a certain age, too, so not something every newbie got easily. This one should be released on April Fools Day too, so people would think it was a joke. ?

I love it.  Think of all the people with thousands of items in their sdb cause I think there is a limit on the amount of items you can move with the quick stock!  

7 minutes ago, emily_speck_15 said:

I love it.  Think of all the people with thousands of items in their sdb cause I think there is a limit on the amount of items you can move with the quick stock!  

Putting them back would be a nightmare, that's for sure, it is a max of 70 at one go. If you've got LOADS of the same item removing them's a cinch, whole lot in one go, but as you say, it's putting them all back again. ?

I'm seeing a trait in myself here, I think I need to try and think up a NICE avatar. ?