So I fed my Grarrl a table...

jellysundae

Don't look at me like that, a Grarrl needs roughage! :ph34r:

Hewn Stone Table
Hewn Stone Table  NOM NOM‼

Anyway, this isn't about my suitability for pet ownership, lol, it's about what that table has done...

I fed them this 3 days ago, this is the resulting effect on their fullness.

2.png
my_friend_Cora says 'That really hit the spot!'

my_friend_Cora was fine, and now he is very bloated!

And now, 3 days later?

image.png.72b1eefb3ab1a5ce23d52d1f150246c9.png

STILL very bloated‼

I'm most intrigued by this and I'm wondering just how long it's going to be before they need feeding again‼ I mean not only did the table take them from fine right up to very bloated in the first place, but keeping them that way for days? It makes perfect sense, if any of us ate a great slab of rock I'm sure it would have a similar effect, lol, so I wonder if it is all intentional. If they ever get hungry again imma feed them a wardrobe next. :ph34r:

That has to be one of the strangest things a Grarrl ever ate. I used to have a Grarrl on a side account, but he did the unthinkable. He ate another neopet! I'm sorry to say I pounded him, but I really couldn't have that kind of behavior.

41 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

That has to be one of the strangest things a Grarrl ever ate. I used to have a Grarrl on a side account, but he did the unthinkable. He ate another neopet! I'm sorry to say I pounded him, but I really couldn't have that kind of behavior.

Whoa wait what?! He ate another PET ? Not a petpet? I know they can do that, but eating another pet is taking that to a whole other level of horrifying, lol.

52 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

wait... WHAT?!   LOL how??!?! This is crazy! 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

What jellysundae and Kute said: WHAT?! I knew that if a Grarrl gets too hungry he will eat something out of your inventory or a petpet, but I almost can't believe that another whole pet would be something they ate as well...

Do you happen to know what the "weight" was on the table your Grarrl ate? It shows in the item popup box when you click an item in your inventory and JN doesn't even list it for most items because it's functionally useless. Foods are about the only category of item on Neo where the weight of the item actually makes a difference to anything. The more an item weighs, the more it will move your pet up the scale on fullness. 

(I know this only because I'm sloooowly working one of my pets towards the Gourmet Club, and foods with different weights impact how fast your pet gets full. So for example, feeding a pet a food with a weight of 1lb will move it up one fullness level. Feeding a pet a food with a 2lb weight will move it up 2 fullness levels, etc.)

I haven't had a Grarrl for years but I know they can eat just about anything. (I used to fill mine up on the seaweeds from the fishing daily, just because he was the only pet I had who could eat them and they were otherwise pointless.) I'm guessing that your table was pretty hefty in weight, as a lot of the furniture pieces are, and that's what caused your pet to get completely full and stay there. Be interesting to see how long it lasts!

@DragonPhoenix I don't know, but I've got another in my SDB so I can find out! ?

*scoots off*

Item : Hewn Stone Table

Weight120lbs ? ?

Well I NEVER knew this!!!

So it could be QUITE some time before Cora's hungry again. ?

On 10/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, jellysundae said:

Whoa wait what?! He ate another PET ? Not a petpet? I know they can do that, but eating another pet is taking that to a whole other level of horrifying, lol.

He ate another PET! Unfortunately, it was a Buzz I adopted. The whole thing has soured me on creating/adopting a Grarrl ever again.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:17 AM, WhiteWolf said:

He ate another PET! Unfortunately, it was a Buzz I adopted. The whole thing has soured me on creating/adopting a Grarrl ever again.

That is pretty horrifying. I'm glad my lab-rat turned into another species before it decided to devour one of my other pets. ?

Though feeding them furniture is DEFINITELY a way to prevent this from happening, Cora is STILL very bloated.

Ooh, a thought occurs...how long ago did this happen? Was it some time ago? I'm hoping that it's a feature - like the RE that turns pets invisible - that has since been removed as it's just too cruel for words.

UPDATE - 16th October

@Angeló @Kute @lojoco49 @DragonPhoenix 

Cora's hunger's down to fine now, so they've finally digested all that rock. ?

So I'm gonna say 120lb of table keeps a pet full for 10 days, so they burn off 12lb of calories per day? I'm trying to imagine having to eat 12lb of food per day... ?

4 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

That's fabulous! I hope your Grarrl has learned its lesson about eating your furniture ?

As they're not a Grarrl any more I'm sure they're pretending they never did anything of the sort.  ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Annd, seeing as Cora is a Grarrl again, so the furniture devouring gets to continue!!! :lmaosmiley:

On today's menu ~

zen_bed.gif

This piece chosen specifically because...

image.png.db4c70c5d93c4e962b63d6ddac72d99e.png

Check out that WEIGHT!

800lb

The table I fed her before weighed in at 120lb and it took 11 days for her to go from very bloated back to fine. Will be VERY interesting to see how long it is before she needs feeding again this time! Approx. 6 times as long? I'll not need to feed her again for 2 months?!

That's some good value food!! ?

Also, Cora clearly has ZERO concept of "full up".

image.png.18877d024bbcf15c0b7f8a0d1aa9f0c5.png