Musical_Shoyru

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen anything on this in the forums, but this is HUGE news!

In a recent editorial TNT has announced that they are lifting the ban on GUILD based contests and tournaments. Now they allowed them before without winning actually items, so am I safe in assuming that we can now give out items for contests? Any thoughts on this? I for one am SUPER excited! This now means I can give out items (I hope) as contest prizes in the guild! ?

Here's the Editorial and a link to said editorial;

The Winds are changing...

So you know that rule where we don't allow tournaments/contests in guilds? Well, let's forget that, shall we? From this point on, guild-based contests and tournaments are permitted.

This of course brings up the question of guild donation shops. These are also allowed with the understanding that ALL donations are given back to their respective guild members and not the person running the shop. The guild donation shop (one per guild, please!) does not have to be on the guild founders account but should be on the Guild Council so it's more official. Requiring donations (?!?) and/or fees to join a contest or tournament are still not allowed. Lastly, the guild shop account should only be accessed by the person who created that account.

Joining different guilds on side accounts is absolutely fine. All we ask is that you only have one account per guild.

Overall, please abide by the spirit of the rules. And if you run a tournament, please see it through!

In the future, we will be working on a tool to make this easily manageable. But we're getting ahead of ourselves ?

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial

It sure is!!! We hold contests ALL the time and I love that we can actually have prizes now! We had a little work around before where we gave people "points" that we called Kindness Points and when someone met a certain threshold/amount they were allowed to ask for certain things in my gallery, but I LOVE that we can directly give out items now!
?

EDIT!

I messaged TNT to clarify and ask about side accounts in guilds and got this response;

"Hi,

Yes, prizes are now allowed.

That part is meant to stop people from joining the same guild on all their sides to rig any contests, if you already don't allow them to enter that would cover it.  It's just meant to keep contests fair for active members.

Alice W."

WOOT-WOOT! It's a go!

Well this is nice, I said in the thread about guilds that the punitive rule that came in about contests was part of the reason the guild I was in fizzled out, it's great that people will be able to play Survivor again now and get all salty with each other about being voted out. ?

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Well this is nice, I said in the thread about guilds that the punitive rule that came in about contests was part of the reason the guild I was in fizzled out, it's great that people will be able to play Survivor again now and get all salty with each other about being voted out. ?

I've never heard of any guild playing survivor! LOL That's too funny though, I don't think a game like that would fit with our guild theme of Kindness though! lol

16 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I've never heard of any guild playing survivor! LOL That's too funny though, I don't think a game like that would fit with our guild theme of Kindness though! lol

I only ever played 1 game, was too nervous, lol, and I died pretty much immediately when I was brave enough ? but it was a big thing in my guild though, hence the tempers flaring a little, lol. I wish I could remember the logistics of it, but I can't.

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I only ever played 1 game, was too nervous, lol, and I died pretty much immediately when I was brave enough ? but it was a big thing in my guild though, hence the tempers flaring a little, lol. I wish I could remember the logistics of it, but I can't.

Well if you ever do would love to hear it! Sounds like an interesting story at the very least haha