Would you eat Trudy's new Brrucicle?

jellysundae

I doubled up on the r there by mistake, but as it's very apt for a frozen treat I thought I'd leave it. ?

But this furanga brucicle though...

65703.gif?521This Brucicle not only has a Furangas taste but also its roughness!

It looks pretty, but does it TASTE good?! That description isn't making me agog to try it, that's for sure! Does the fruit itself shed any more light...

Furanga Fruit

Furanga FruitA tough furry fruit that is mainly used to clean the chalk off blackboards.

Er, yum?... no? :ph34r:

?

And doesn't that description date the item! I can date myself now by saying that whiteboards were just becoming a thing when I was at school, they only had them in newer parts of schools, so I got to take the blackboard cleaner outside and bang it against the wall until the clouds of chalk dust had subsided, that was fun. As was doing the fingernails down the blackboard thing and setting everyone's teeth on edge. :lmaosmiley:  There was a scary teacher at my secondary school in this town who'd throw the board rubber at people. Would you want to be clonked on the head with one of these?

s-l300.jpg

He was a good shot too, though he did only do it to the boys, so yay for sexist 80s teachers I guess. ? Though the reality of that is that it was probably only the boys who dared to misbehave in his class, and that would just have been from bravado, wouldn't it, lol.

So I dunno if using fruit as a board rubber is because they taste too revolting to eat, or if it's just really sound ecological sense, or what. I do know one thing though, it wouldn't have hurt so much if Mr. Robson threw it at you, that's for sure.?

So who's up for eating a Furanga Brrrucicle, and did you have any angrynegg.gif school teachers, lol.

Bringing back memories! I did the cleaning for a teacher quite often and dropped the rubber out of a third floor window once. Didn't hit anyone luckily. I can remember how the chalk dust felt on my hands.

Edit: in England erasers were called rubbers; been away for 20 years so I don't know if they still are. It makes sense; you rub away the mistake or unwanted text on a page or board.

20 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

Edit: in England erasers were called rubbers

I was gonna blithely state that yep, we still call them rubbers, but then I realised that I've no idea if kids do or not, they probably do though. Unless they're trying to sound cool. I know it's something you're prone to at a certain age, using American terms for things just because. But you don't keep doing it because you realise after a while that you just sound daft. ?

I just had a look on Ebay and people tend to list them using both words, but what amused me is Ebay sections them as Rubbers & Erasers, like they're two different things, way to cause trans-Atlantic confusion. ?

@LonelyHanakoKoi That's tough ?As far as I'm aware none of that went on in any of my schools, I can only hope that was actually the case because it does go undetected so very often. So horrible that something happened to you, but truly excellent that the slimeball lost his job as a result, just wish the harm he did could be got rid of, hopefully time will heal in the end.

Silly (sadly) American here.  I always thought rubbers only referred to the rubber ones which erased pencil from paper.  Made since because they're made of rubber.  It never occurred to me that ones for other things would also be called rubbers.  

I remember chalk boards, but I can't remember when white boards became more common.  

Also, that brucicle sounds kinda icky.

5 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I'm perfectly willing to give it a try, but I'm fairly adventurous with food.  And hey, if it's nasty, don't take a second bite.

My teeth just winced a little at the thought of biting a popsicle, not only once but twice ? brrr.

Maybe we can palm them off on Granny next year for CC, after all she's got no teeth, so wouldn't be effected by any of the issues popsicles can give other people. :ph34r:

19 hours ago, sylphrenai said:

My teeth just winced a little at the thought of biting a popsicle, not only once but twice ? brrr.

Fair.   I was thinking more the fruit.   I'm willing to try the popsicle, but biting it would require a sizable bribe.