Neopets Halloween CryptoQuest!

Ian

tdnforums-cryptoquest.png

Neopets Halloween CryptoQuest

We are very excited to share the news that Neopets is launching a time limited digital card collection game! Each CryptoQuest card is individually unique and comes with a virtual prize code redeemable for items in Neopets.

Backstory

This is not your typical Neopian tale about ghouls and goblins lurking in the dangerous Haunted Woods. It all started when Aisha, Draik, Kougra, and Uni decided to go to the Haunted Woods, being brave and curious. Their only way to escape is by collecting items and disguises to transport each to a different Halloween party! Join them on an adventure to complete their quests so they can escape the Haunted Woods!

Play Now!

1) I saw this post

2) I clicked the link

3) I got super excited about it

4) I bought the access card pack DELUXE (go big or go home :D)

5) I'm mad because I wasted $8 on NEOPOINT NON RARE ITEMS I could of got from shop wizard for 5 neopoints or FREE

What would of made it better? NEOCASH RARE ITEMS or PAINTBRUSHES/POTIONS! *cry*

This whole thing is really confusing to me. What is the benefit to trading virtual cards? Can someone explain this?  And the process to set up everything? I had to download an extension. Make like 2-3 new accounts for what? I dont get it....  ?   So I cannot put items for auction unless I put RL money onto an Ethereum acc?  

STEP 3: Own some Ethereum
You will need enough Ethereum to buy the card you want and to pay for gas fees.

I really feel like I already regret taking part in this. 

I'm not going anywhere near this, especially not considering the HORRIBLE mess Overpowered are in with not having enough money to create the pre-ordered items that people have already paid for, just... no.

3 hours ago, Kute said:

This whole thing is really confusing to me. What is the benefit to trading virtual cards? Can someone explain this?  And the process to set up everything? I had to download an extension. Make like 2-3 new accounts for what? I dont get it....  ?   So I cannot put items for auction unless I put RL money onto an Ethereum acc?  

STEP 3: Own some Ethereum
You will need enough Ethereum to buy the card you want and to pay for gas fees.

Hey there, I'm offering some clarification on what makes the CryptoQuest cards cool and unique. For the first time ever using blockchain technology, we are able to make collectibles out of digital items. Just like limited edition physical collectibles (Magic cards, signed baseballs, etc) we are able to apply the same rarity and exclusivity for these digital Neopets CryptoQuest cards.

In order to trade the items, users must create an Ethereum wallet in order to transfer the card into their ownership. If you're having issues, we're happy to help! Please email us at [email protected] or join our Discord.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm not going anywhere near this, especially not considering the HORRIBLE mess Overpowered are in with not having enough money to create the pre-ordered items that people have already paid for, just... no.

For clarification, Neopets CryptoQuest is independent of Overpowered. Overpowered is the intermediary between Rare Bits (the developers of Neopets CryptoQuest) and Jumpstart (the owners of Neopets). Rare Bits has a licensing deal to create CryptoQuest in collaboration with both Overpowered and Jumpstart.

10 minutes ago, neopetscryptoquest said:

For clarification, Neopets CryptoQuest is independent of Overpowered. Overpowered is the intermediary between Rare Bits (the developers of Neopets CryptoQuest) and Jumpstart (the owners of Neopets). Rare Bits has a licensing deal to create CryptoQuest in collaboration with both Overpowered and Jumpstart.

Well that's a little more re-assuring, thanks for the clarification.

IDK Neopets outside of Neopets.com just doesnt seem appealing. The codes were deff cool but I'm not trading / putting more money onto something virtual off neopets.com. If this was implemented into our lookups somehow to show off then yea that would be cool.  I'm a bit disappointed that I rushed into getting the pack. Also theyre mostly junk items ? Not worth the $$ amount just for the codes if thats what youre going for. 

@Angeló I think everyone, everywhere is just pretty confused about this right now, lol.

Virtual collectable cards have no interest for me anyway, so I'll just watch with interest from the side-lines and see how this goes.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

49 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Angeló I think everyone, everywhere is just pretty confused about this right now, lol.

Virtual collectable cards have no interest for me anyway, so I'll just watch with interest from the side-lines and see how this goes.

Totally with you on this, sounds like a pointless venture designed to relieve us of our hard earned real life money.

I'm definitely cranky about all the things coming out that look fun but are ultimately only accessible to those with extra money lying around. I appreciate the new things TNT seems to be trying to implement, but I can't help but feel like they put a lot more effort into new NC stuff and other money-makers rather than the free content that most of us are there for. I know they gotta make money, but like... ACK.

This is looking like it's enabling people to basically buy NP with cash. Something that apparently TNT said would NEVER happen...

HA, this person on the boards has got it nailed.

image.png.8dd2b5038be5408a5d00847a741b3611.png