Blue furry negg confusion!

jellysundae

So, Tate had 0 HP and the Healing Springs gave me an r90+ potion that I wasn't gonna use on him, those are for Granny! so I get a Healing Potion I out of my SDB and give him that.

Then, because he was only very full, I decide to give him a blue furry negg too for an additional 5 HP.

But wait, what's this?!?!

image.png.34f77fa478a0700e6470abe0ced296a1.png

He gained 35 HP from it...

What's all that about! ?

34 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

It's food and feeding your neopet gives them back some lost HP.

Ah, like feeding them anything increases their HP? I feed my pets so infrequently that I forget the mechanics of stuff. If/when he gets hungry again I'll try to remember to do some experimenting and refresh my memory.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Ah, like feeding them anything increases their HP? I feed my pets so infrequently that I forget the mechanics of stuff. If/when he gets hungry again I'll try to remember to do some experimenting and refresh my memory.

No, normally feeding them food just makes the less hungry.  Blue Furry Neggs also heal your pets, but I thought they only healed 5 hit points, not 35!  In fact, I've done it recently and it was just 5 points.  So, if that's a new thing, those neggs are quite useful!

The amount of HP gained per item fed to your pet scales depending on how much max HP your pet has. I can't remember exactly, nor can I test right now because my pets are all either in the Neolodge or fully fed, but I believe it's something like 1/9th or 1/10th of your pet's max HP.

A whole slew of information here, thanks everyone! ?

I remember now that I made a thread about jelly healing my pet before, lemme find that...

Here we go.

I went to the snowager first as he's asleep right now, so my pet ended up with 0/43 hp >< He was hungry so when I started my dailies and got an edible jelly (pb&j) I fed him that, and he gained 4 hp back for each serving ? Is this just another one of those things that everyone knew about except me?

Aw, only 43 hp back then, bless him!

So I shall test him right now on half a pb jelly, and see how many hp he regains now he's much stronger!

Before

image.png.697ccfe9e2f44d27e868de68b7cc2d14.png

After

image.png.4d9e823da08417159d1d1677218228bd.png

There you go then! The extra 30 from the negg was because he's got 300+ hp. So when he hits 400 food will give him 40 hp back, nice! :yum:?

On 10/22/2018 at 3:42 AM, Duskitty said:

The amount of HP gained per item fed to your pet scales depending on how much max HP your pet has. I can't remember exactly, nor can I test right now because my pets are all either in the Neolodge or fully fed, but I believe it's something like 1/9th or 1/10th of your pet's max HP.

I can't believe I didn't know that before.  I guess my pets or at least my battledome pet doesn't get hungry and wounded at the same time much, so I never noticed.  I will definitely test it myself when the opportunity arises.

12 hours ago, discobiscuit said:

I can't believe I didn't know that before. 

^ THIS

Something I think we're ALWAYS gonna be saying about some aspect of Neopets, there's just SO MUCH we don't know, even if we've been playing for years. ?