Why was Jade Scorchstone Retired?

action_jackson3000

Really wish I was more active and bought one from the HT for 10m when it was still active... ?

Now I either overpay for it (50m?) or buy the "less expensive" Leaded Elemental Vial (28m-30m)

I doubt I'll ever be able to restock one from the Royal Potionery.

Was Jade Scorchstone retired because of that dupe crisis several years ago? TNT could have at least replaced it under a different name/coding (e.g. Hypno Helmet --> H4000 Helmet)

Saving up for a LEV would probably take me a full year and there's other things I want to buy too. ?

Probably a long shot but I did recently send in an Editoral requesting to temporarily unretire HT items for one day only in the future; maybe next Fyora Day (June 2, 2019) or Faerie Festival (Sep 20, 2019)

Nothing notable usually occurs during either of those dates AFAIK so a one-day a year event would be something to look forward to and save up for (sort of like how in recent years many users hoard up items for Charity Corner)

Last I read a lot of users have asked for old/retired Stamps to get re-released again, would re-releasing retired Hidden Tower items for one day a year be too much to ask?

Well HT items usually retire after a while. I've seen many retire, idk why tho exactly.  Some of the hubrid nox stuff has retired in the past, so i did happen to grab the shield thats currently in there just incase it does to sell it for a bit more. 

4 hours ago, action_jackson3000 said:

Last I read a lot of users have asked for old/retired Stamps to get re-released again, would re-releasing retired Hidden Tower items for one day a year be too much to ask?

Definitely. It would be awful. The difference about re-releasing stamps is that some only have 1 or 2 in the entire game. These items are also consumable and cannot be taken out of their album to be sold again. Flooding the market with old Hidden Tower items, which were available to purchase for years, seems like a bad idea in my opinion.

Besides, 28m-50m isn't really that hard to obtain now-a-days, especially if you are an every day player. 

I don't know when the Jade Scorchstone was Retired, didn't even know it's HT price until your post. Anyway, I've been playing for almost 15 years now and I THINK it, may have been retired before the time I started playing. (Or maybe not). Some items don't last all that long in the HT. Fyora's Looking Glass I think was only available for a week or so. Seemed like it was retired AWFULLY fast after it had been JUST released! if I recall correctly, I think it's HT price was 4 mil, or around there.

It'd be NICE for those of us looking for a good deal on great/rare items if TNT were to do some kind of limited re-release. but that would totally upend and DESTROY the player markets.

I can't hardly RS, so my methods of NP income are much more limited than a talented RSer.  I'm always up for a good deal, and if I have some items I can apply to getting an item instead of Pure NP, I'll try it. "More Bang for the buck", as they say. So like I said, it'd be nice for the consumers, but terrible for the players who are shop-keepers.

Now, perhaps a variant of an item with a slightly altered graphic or something. Not necessarily something like Stamps, but other items, different but similar. Might be something to consider. However, TNT would have to probably be limited in those releases as well, so they don't ruin the market for sellers who have the originated items for sale. You can't make everyone happy, and so TNT and other game-sites have fine lines to walk to maintain game-balance. I for one, would LOVE a Skarls Sword, but that'll likely NEVER happen. It's not even the greatest sword, stats-wise, but it looks AWESOME and WOULD be an upgrade for my battle set. Though the LAST time I saw one on trades, the player was looking for 725mil for it. I know it's rare because it was from a certain set of cards from the IRL Neopets Card Game, put out by Wizards of the Coast. But 3/4 of a billion NP seems excessive to me. So I'll most likely never get one.. ?

Anyway, yeah, TNT isn't wrong by not doing a re-release of retired items, but it stinks for those who were playing before the retirements and missed out, as you did, or started playing after the retirements of a number of neat items, like happened to tons of players, myself included. ? It's just how things go.