Enter The Runway #68!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here.

I also just want to remind everyone that taking a screenshot of your entry (or asking me to make one) is always okay; some items just look a little weird in the still image DTI provides.

Current theme: Peace & Love
Description: Let's travel back in time to the 60s, and dress up any pet you'd like to represent that 'flower power', 'summer of love' kind of feeling.
Entering period: Monday, November 5 - Sunday, November 11
Voting period: Monday, November 12 - Sunday, November 18

Let me know if you have any questions, or any theme ideas! :smile: 

11 hours ago, LonelyHanakoKoi said:

Omg! I think I have a chance to enter for this one! :D

Now how to do the screenshot for it?(dress to impress doesn't work for me on my phone ?

There should be a snip tool on your computer! Either built in if it's Windows or easy to download in the app store if its Mac ? Thats what I always use. Otherwise you could screenshot your entire screen and then crop it in an image editor!

5 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

There should be a snip tool on your computer! Either built in if it's Windows or easy to download in the app store if its Mac ? Thats what I always use. Otherwise you could screenshot your entire screen and then crop it in an image editor!

Thank you friend I'll try that ^_^

Edit:Figured it out thank you friend!!! 

Screenshot_20181106-073942_Chrome.jpg

Edited by LonelyHanakoKoi
I showed I figured out how to take pic. :)

1 hour ago, LonelyHanakoKoi said:

Thank you friend I'll try that ^_^

Edit:Figured it out thank you friend!!! 

Screenshot_20181106-073942_Chrome.jpg

I just had a look at your profile and saw that is one of your actual neopets! Which is totally fine but I just wanted to let you know incase you weren't sure, you don't have to only use your real neopets to enter the runway! You can make up an entirely fictional pet on the dress to impress website! If you've never done it before I bet there'd be a ton of people here who would be happy to help ! x

20 hours ago, LonelyHanakoKoi said:

Omg! I think I have a chance to enter for this one! :D

Now how to do the screenshot for it?(dress to impress doesn't work for me on my phone ?

Your pet looks great, but, as mentioned in the rules, you can enter by sending me a message with your entry (title, image, Dress To Impress link for the animated image, and - optionally - a story to go with your entry). :smile: Since you entered your own pet, all we need to do to get the DTI link is enter your pet's name in DTI, so that should work fine for now, but like @gypsyknees said, you don't need to enter your own pet! (Otherwise, we'd hardly ever get any entries. ?

You mentioned Dress To Impress doesn't work on your phone. What phone do you have? I have an Android (Sony) and I could get DTI to work fine (it's not ideal, the site wasn't made for phones, but it works). It does help to choose 'image' instead of 'flash' though, otherwise you might not be able to see a preview for your customisation:

flash-vs-image.png

21 hours ago, Nielo said:

dress up any pet you'd like to represent that 'flower power', 'summer of love' kind of feeling

So, actually, naked in a field of mud? ?

✌️☮️ ?️ ?

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

That's one interpretation, but I didn't necessarily mean Woodstock. :P

HAHA xD

I like the idea of this, but I don't like "hippy" fashion, so pretty mixed feelings here, lol. Maybe that was why images of Woodstock come into my head - clothing optional. ?

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

This should've been the next contest (Runway #69) since 1969 was THE Summer of Love

I know '69 was the summer of love, but I honestly don't really pay attention to which round we're on. XD
(I mean, I obviously know the number we're on, but when making the topic, autofill will show previous titles, and I'll just add 1 to that number. After that, I'll check the title if I want to know what round this is. ?)

I'm picking themes by going through the list and seeing what jumps out at me, sometimes influenced by real world events/holidays. ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Stuff online says summer of love was '67, so ?‍♀️

you're right ! i mixed things up .. that Bryan Adams song is a favorite of mine :) 

ok so it should've been the previous round :p 

18 hours ago, Angeló said:

you're right ! i mixed things up .. that Bryan Adams song is a favorite of mine ?

ok so it should've been the previous round ?

I'm glad I got to enjoy Bryan Adams during the 90s, he's kind of relegated to dad music now, isn't he, but that IS only because current dads were in their 20s when Adams was peaking and still (quite rightly) like the music. I got to hear him in concert in '91, didn't get to actually see him because I spent the entirety of his set queuing for cold drinks, but he sounded great. ?

I'm working on my entry, started it yesterday but ran out of oomph, so back on it now!

I'd googled 'summer of love' before I posted this thread, just to see what kind of pictures would come up (to see if it could serve as inspiration for this round), and I could've sworn I read 1969, which I apparently accepted, even though, in the back of my mind, I knew it was '67. XD (And then, on top of that, I googled 'Woodstock', which did happen in '69.)

6 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'd googled 'summer of love' before I posted this thread, just to see what kind of pictures would come up (to see if it could serve as inspiration for this round), and I could've sworn I read 1969, which I apparently accepted, even though, in the back of my mind, I knew it was '67. XD (And then, on top of that, I googled 'Woodstock', which did happen in '69.)

I guess that for those of us who weren't there/alive yet etc. it's all just that particular moment in time, isn't it.

I always thought Woodstock and Summer of Love were one and the same 

hence the mix-up 

OH I SO FANBOYED OVER BRYAN ADAMS IN THE 90'S !!! "everything I do .. I do it for you" and "please forgive me" and "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?" (with Paco De Lucia on guitar) wore out like 4-5 cassettes being overplayed in my room in my adolescent years .. he also had a hit with Sporty Spice but that was the last i heard of him

Yeah I'm quite surprised Woodstock came two years later. Me and my friend Michelle used to drive around playing Bryan Adams, a lot, she was also really into Celine Dion, but thankfully she played Bryan Adams more, and Take That... driving round the country-side belting out "Never forget". :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, spurdy777 said:

When does voting start?

The thread is up now. I don't really have a specific/exact time when I put the thread up, but it's always after work/dinner for me, and usually not before 1pm NST (with so many different time zones, perhaps it's best to put this in Neopets time XD).