New Lost Desert Map - Meet Xendrik

hrtbrk

Lost Desert got a bit of a make over this morning, and shopkeepers in Sakhmet are wondering if you're from Qasala before being allowed to look at their stock. Neopians familiar with Sakhmet will notice a new location, Xendrik's Mansion, but there's only an information page so far. We suspect there will be something as the days go on!

What do you think of the new look and what do you think Xendrik is up to?

xm1.png

When going here I got this:

image.png

So, I noticed that others had to say they weren't from around and picked 300 instead of 500 but that gave me this: Wrong! Don't hold up the line. I only serve the good folks of my city. Next, please!

Went back in and said 500 and was allowed to shop. At the petpet supply shop I had to say I'm not from around either to be able to enter.

Osiris Pottery said this: What can I do for you today, dear friend? I say ‘friend’ assuming you are not from Qasala. Tell me, how much do my famous Basketweave Vases cost a piece? If you are from the city, you should know.

Correct answer: 1122

After trying out a couple of shops It seems like you need to pick option 2 (the one on the right) to be able to enter the shop.

I like the new maps, but having to answer a question every time I refresh the page is seriously getting in the way of restocking

31 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i didn't know Qasala and LD were having a feud

when and how did that happen ?

I didn't know either, but possibly during the Lost Desert Plot back in 2005, long before I started playing Neopets the first time

I hopped over to look at the LD brushes, and I noticed that they do not list all of them. The Lutari is not pictured ? That makes my Lutari feel rejected. I keep telling him that he is just special, but he doesn't believe me!

The acara, bori, bruce, draik  and eyie arre just a few of the others that are skipped.

I wonder if I have the mental energy to go check out the boards and see how people are reacting to this story... going from the comments on the JN article about how very out-of-lore this is it'd probably be better if I didn't. :ph34r:

Totally worth visiting the mansion though!

image.thumb.png.e1a119176121ae0b48d7baa25c876b04.png

?

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the new map update and am excited for this event! When I started playing Neo, the Lost Desert plot was ending, and I never participated in it. It later became one of my favourite lands, and I`m thrilled to see a new Eyrie character, I`m a bit obsessed with the species, haha.