From the Editorial

jellysundae

I was just wondering if we would find out what happened with Magons trial before the events happening in the Lost Desert take off?~~nyssaap
Not before the events in the Lost Desert take off, but before the story winds up.

Well that's cool to know, isn't it! ?

I'm guessing there won't be an update to this current mini-ish plot until after the weekend what with it being a holiday in the US? But I'm most intrigued as to how Magon's going to be involved in this. ?

Anyone got any good theories? I'm particularly looking at you, @kayahtik :ph34r:

You're expecting ME to remember? ? It's something to do with him failing with whatever he was meant to achieve with those portals in Brightvale, but what he was actually trying to achieve, and why he's now on trial for failing... ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

wait ... what .. exactly is the Magon's trial ? 

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was completely lost. XD  I ended up searching for 'Magon' on JN, thinking this must've been someone from some ancient plot, only to feel mildy embarrassed when I realised I'd forgotten the name of this really recently introduced character. ?

So, @jellysundae, you're remembering this way better than I am!

On 11/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, jellysundae said:

Anyone got any good theories? I'm particularly looking at you, @kayahtik :ph34r:

Hmmm, interesting. When I first read that, I wasn't thinking that the two would be related, just that it was giving us an idea of the timeline -- that we still have to wait a bit to find out what happened to Magon, but not TOO long. But now that you point it out, maybe the stories are intertwined somehow. Let's see...

Well, Magon is being tried in court for failing his experiment, right? And we're dealing with criminals in the Lost Desert. Maybe they'll run into each other there somehow, and help each other out? Maybe Magon's portals can help Lyra and Aurrick escape, if they get arrested? Or maybe Lyra and Aurrick will steal some kind of artifact that Magon can use to make the portals work?

idk, that's the best I can do with only two bits of dialogue so far! 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Maybe Magon's portals can help Lyra and Aurrick escape, if they get arrested? Or maybe Lyra and Aurrick will steal some kind of artifact that Magon can use to make the portals work?

idk, that's the best I can do with only two bits of dialogue so far! 

The portals could definitely be a real nifty way of popping into somewhere, clearing the place out and then disappearing without a trace, couldn't they...

Oh BUT...this was an experiment sanctioned by King Hagan, wasn't it?!

Wait... *reads Book of Ages* 

Magon has been secretly working on creating portals to the future, but was given an ultimatum by King Hagan after an accident, meaning he needed to finish his work within a week.

No, they weren't. *scotches idea of Hagan intending to invade and conquer the whole of Neopia via portals* Now THAT would have been a plot twist and a half, wouldn't it‼ ?