Tips on Dubloon Disaster?

xSummer

Hello, I am pretty decent at the game, and I have been trying to get better for years. I think more than anything is understanding how much patients you truly need to get a good score. It may take over an hour or more to reach the avatar score. I don't think theres a quick solution here.  My strategy is to never let more than 4 mines on the board at one time, because you have less space/ direction to run if you need to and you dont want to be in a tight spot or accidentally run into them. Another thing I noticed is you don't want to play chicken with the mines. Obviously the closer you are to them the quicker you can pull them towards you and its quite tempting to want to quickly get them off the board, but I would advise against this because one small step and youre done for. It is much better to be patient and let mines slowly come together without you forcing the pull that way they can blow up a safe distance from you. Sometimes mines will spawn RIGHT ON YOU, it really sucks and quite bad luck, but if youre really quick you can move away before it registers to blow up. I've done this many times.  This is another reason to keep your board clear of mines just for those quick moves in any direction. I used to play fast and furious hoping I would somehow magically get good dubloons early on and it truly got me nowhere until i learned to slow down.  I dunno what other people do, but this method has worked for me! Drastic improvement on my score. Playing safe may be boring, but it works.